Start by marking “Walt Disney's Three Little Pigs (A Little Golden Book)” as Want to Read:
Walt Disney's Three Little Pigs (A Little Golden Book)

Walt Disney's Three Little Pigs (A Little Golden Book)

The three little pigs have never looked so cute and the big bad wolf never looked so bad in this retelling of the classic fairy tale! Vintage Disney artwork from the 1940s makes this book an important addition to every Little Golden Book collector’s library.
Hardcover, A Little Golden Book, 24 pages
Published September 14th 2004 by Golden/Disney (first published 1948)

To ask other readers questions about Walt Disney's Three Little Pigs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walt Disney's Three Little Pigs

Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice SendakThe Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric CarleThe Giving Tree by Shel SilversteinGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussGoodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
Best Children's Books
4,555 books — 5,958 voters
The Call of the Wild by Jack LondonWhite Fang by Jack LondonFantastic Mr. Fox by Roald DahlJulie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead GeorgeLittle Red Riding Hood by Trina Schart Hyman
Foxes and Wolves
492 books — 117 voters

More lists with this book...

Start your review of Walt Disney's Three Little Pigs (A Little Golden Book)
Shirley Revill
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
When I was a child of three
Sitting on my mother's knee
She would read this tale to me
I would listen as she spoke
Oh, what magic she'd evoke
In the child that once was me.

Then my children gathered round
Listening with glee
Creating memories of that time
When mum read this tale to me

My grandchildren come to stay
One sits upon my knee
You cannot hear the smallest sound
Their eyes are filled with glee
When I read this tale to them
That my mum read to me.

Jason Koivu
Nov 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***Read and reviewed with my niece Emma***
(When she was 4 and I was 41)

The greatest story ever told? Quite possibly!

I think it's Emma's favorite, even though I don't think she's quite caught on to the think-ahead, strength-in-numbers, build-it-to-last concepts yet. She just seems to like to follow along with the exciting story and listen to my increasingly over-the-top Big Bad Wolf impressions. By the time we're done with this story I'm going to need a wind machine.

I believe the Little Golden
Thomas A Andrew
Read this a s a child, but would still say it's an enjoyable story. I will never grow out of loving it.
Angela Ferrari
Apr 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
The pigs know they have to build their house. But the reason Ive always loved this book is it shows the differences among the siblings and it is much like real life. There is usually one who has to take care of the others mistake and they don't ask questions, just open their doors to family. I wonder why they never went back to moms house??
Theme- brothers, mistakes, survival, sticking together
Phoenix2
Sep 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: kids
Shelves: classics
The three little pigs is one of the classic fairy tales that every kid knows. This book does it justice.
Kimizono
Sep 21, 2014 rated it liked it
This is an amazing book, the story is beautiful, strongly recommend to BQ, he will love it
John Yelverton
Jul 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The all time favorite book of mine as a child. I made my father read this to me every night I loved it so much.
Desiree Zempel
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed "Three Little Pigs" by Al Dempster, because it is a little kid’s book but it also allows you to think like a kid again. I understand the authors’ message in this book. Not only what he is saying but how he feels as he writes this book.

The book is told through third person perspective. The three little pigs are trying to find a way to keep their houses strong to keep the big bad wolf away. No matter what happens to the three little pigs they are always there for each other.

"Three
Janet Coba
Oct 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My kids really love this book. I think they really enjoy it because they play out the story, and their dad plays the wolf. Well, most of us know how the story goes. There are three little pigs who know that the wold is coming. The three little pigs decide to go their separate ways and build their own houses. As the story continues, the wolf blows down house one and house two. The little pigs
From house 1 and 2 run to the third house. The wolf cannot blow this house down, so he tries to force
Karina
Sep 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
When I was a little girl I loved this book so much!
Chloe (aka Crystal)
different edition but wasn't sure which one... aka lazy >
Jitendra
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Reminds you the lesson - think and work hard.
Alexis Henson
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-books
The three little pigs is a classic. It is a fun book for all. It may not have a plan win the classroom as a teaching book but it could be very fun.
Michele
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-children
Pretty much the perfect book for children. Sing-song parts, rhymed parts, great illustrations, and a good moral to the story. Little Golden Books are the best. Love.
Edna Velasquez
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
None
K- 3
This book is about three little bigs who decide to go their separate ways to build their own houses after knowing that the wolf is coming. The wolf cannot blow the houses down at first but then the wolfs ends up blowing the house down and runs away. The wolf uses tricks to try to eat the pigs.
The illustrations, plot, and use of language is seen through the pictures in the book. I love how the talking animals are portrayed in this book. Readers enjoy to know who the protagonist and
Melissa Marra
Mar 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"The Three Little Pigs" by Al Dempster is a great traditional read for children in the grades kindergarten through first grade. Since children are introduced to this tale at a young age, they might be able to predict what will happen next. The pigs are on a mission to build a house that is wolf proof. Will they be able to do it? This is a good read to engage the children with questions throughout the story. Even though this story is based in fantasy land, I could change my lesson to teach them ...more
Madison Seniuk
1. None
2. Ages 3-7
3. This story is about three little pigs and a wolf. The little pigs are innocent and the big bad wolf is ruining their houses they were building. The wolf is able to blow down two of the three houses that were built but wasn't able to blow down the third.
4. This is a fun book to read because all children should know this story, so they will get excited to read it. Also, the pictures are super cute and fun and really help tell the story as well.
5. This is a classic that
Iurii
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brianna Knight
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kindergarten through second grade could read this book.
The book is based on the tale of the Three Little Pigs. A big bad wolf blows their houses made of different materials down and ends up eating them.
The book makes the original folktale light and uses amazing illustrations.
I would use it to not only discuss the story but also ask kids to make their own version of it which makes students have to develop a plot and highlight major events.
Erica
Sep 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book! I remember having my parents read this children's book to me several times for the nightly bedtime story. It is perfect for a beginning reader as well, because it has easy wording and bright colorful pictures that enhance the story as it plays along with each turn of the page. I still enjoy this book, even in my young adult life just because of the memories of my childhood it reminds me of. This book is a definite must-read.
Ariana Ahlers
Apr 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: el230
I decided to read this book after seeing the colorful and fun illustrations. I enjoyed the traditional story and think its one that any child should read. The illustrations are also very vibrant and appealing which makes the story even more engaging.
Kaitlin Niedert
After the wolf tricks each of the three little pigs in their individual houses he decides to eat each one. There was a pig who had a house made out of straw, sticks, and bricks. This would be great for all elementary students.
Khrystyna
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I picked this book up to complete the Reading Rush challenge for Read a Book that has a non-human main character. I couldn't find anything on my TBR to fit this challenge but figured hey why not this book.
Jeffery Worrell
Nov 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Janae' Hosley
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I remember this story as a child, I loved how it showed strength and power from the three pigs. Even though the first two houses blow down they didn't give up. This book is a classic and shows students to keep trying even when things look bad. My favorite part was when the teacher would blow just like how the book said to do. Very good interactive book!
Kaitlyn Kluesner
This is one of my favorite traditional literature books. As a future teacher, there are lots of different activities you can do if you read this book with your class. This book is about 3 pigs who build different types of houses, and the wolf tries to blow them all down and eat them.
Kamyl annaye mccary
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Karim Elmenshawy
Jan 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2018
That's The Three Little Pigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nakia
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A well written book. Enjoyed reading it.
Dayna
Sep 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A well written book. Enjoyed reading it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Disney's Sleeping Beauty
  • Walt Disney's Dumbo (A Little Golden Book)
  • Disney The Lion King (A Little Golden Book)
  • Disney's The Little Mermaid
  • Disney's Beauty and the Beast (A Little Golden Book)
  • Disney's The Lion King
  • Lady and the Tramp
  • Walt Disney's Peter Pan (A Little Golden Book)
  • Frosty the Snowman (Frosty the Snowman)
  • Three Little Kittens
  • The Little Red Hen
  • The Cat in the Hat and Other Dr. Seuss Favorites
  • Disney Sleeping Beauty (A Little Golden Book)
  • Disney Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (A Little Golden Book)
  • Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
  • Finding Nemo
  • The Three Little Pigs (A Little Golden Book)
  • Little Red Riding Hood