Start by marking “Shacked Up (Up to Trouble #2)” as Want to Read:
Shacked Up (Up to Trouble #2)

Shacked Up

(Up to Trouble #2)

FBI Special Agent Aaron Pearce is recovering from his injuries suffered while on assignment in Detroit, stuck in the offices of the FBI running database searches for agents in the field. He is bored and edgy, and takes it out on those closest to him, including Mark Beecher, who lives with him.

While Mark cannot deny the heat between them, he struggles to find his place in W
ebook
Published June 5th 2012 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Shacked Up, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shacked Up

Bev
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another tale featuring Aaron and Mark. Not as good as Holed Up, but still liked it enough to give 4 stars and a

Oh Aaron....you are a naughty boy. Shackled to a desk whilst recovering from the injuries sustained in the last book....he absolutely hates it and takes it out on Mark, who has moved to Washington from Detroit to be with him, but is struggling to cope with Pearce's mood-swings and all round pigheadedness....and the fact that Pearce's apartment is his home and not somewhere Mark feels
Susan
May 20, 2013 rated it liked it

*Meh*. just barely 3 stars

It was ok. Weaker than the first book (which, was not great...but I admittedly liked it for unknown reasons other than my hormones going crazy over the thought of a junior varsity version of Zane in the MC, Aaron Pearce.)

Book 2 started to annoy me. Pearce was kind of a dick. And Mark was kind of a whiny mess.

And the "mystery" plot might as well have been blinking in neon lights over Times Square...it was THAT obvious.

Now, there were parts, especially as Aaron and Ma
❧Gwendolyn❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
3 Intriguing Stars...❤

This is the 2nd book in this series, and I found Pearce and Mark have some issues to resolve...I love them, and I am still disappointed that the author did not delve deeper in their lives/background, as I was in book 1...BUT...

I Still Loved The~

♥Action
♥Mystery
♥Romance

This a an fun intriguing plot read...it held my attention and my favorite part was they had gun's...and, they use them... I love that!

BUT..in reading this book I found that for me this one was not as good as t
Tina
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime

I loved 'Holed up' and couldn't wait to read the follow up.

The conflict between Pearce and Mark continues and they try to figure out where they are in their relationship. Mark is now living with Pearce in Washington and works with a catering service. Pearce is not happy with his forced light duty desktop job. When a red Ford begins to follow Mark to work the fear that Morgan - the Ex-FBI agent, the man that tried to kill them before - is back...

The mystery part of the book is easy to follow and
JR
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
This started up where Holed Up left off. Mark has moved to DC to live with Pierce. God, I love these two. Pierce is on light duty, meaning he is chained to a desk. He is chomping at the bit, he's miserable, which doesn't make for an easy transition for Mark. Mark is haunted by the previous events,and is uncertain if he belongs with Pierce. What they discover over the course of this story surprises both of them. I love, love love this.Can't wait for May 7th, so I can be immersed in their world a ...more
Alina
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I literally screamed with glee, when I found out about this book, coz I absolutely loved the first story - Holed Up ))) And the sequel didn't disappoint!

Loved the continuation, the conflict between Pearce and Mark and how they've dealt with it and most of all - that they actually talked about their problems and stayed together through the hard times! I hate it when MCs break up in the middle of the book, so I'm happy that's not a case here.

I hope there'd be more books to follow! :)
A.B. Gayle
Jul 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this story. Sequels can be a hit and miss, but this one was a natural progression of two people who are both new at this "commitment" and moving in together concept. Their fears and reluctance to commit felt very realistic to me, ad I nenjoyed watching them work through them.

Overall, Hank's writing continues to improve. He has always told a good story, but there were little touches in this one that really set it above its predecessors. The secondary characters added just the right touc
Awilk -never sleeps-
A good follow up to Holed Up. I will be reading the next part soon.
Lena Grey
Jul 20, 2012 rated it really liked it

Mark Beecher and Aaron Pearce are back in 'Shacked Up', Book #2 in the 'Holed Up' series and they find that getting together in a relationship is a small feat compared to making it work. Both have a lot of adjustments to make, the biggest of which is new to Mark and Aaron, and that is whether they truly want to be in a committed relationship.

Mark gives up a lot to be with Aaron. He's moved into Aaron's apartment, left his job, home, and friends to be with the man he loves. Aaron is protective an
Gigi
Sep 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had planned on writing one review for this book and it's prequel Holed Up, but after reading it I can't do that. Holed Up was a hot, fun, FBI protection/stake out quickie that had my blood pumping and the sexual tension shooting in all directions and was easy to give 5 stars to. Not the sequel unfortunately...

While I did enjoy this book and am glad I read it, it just wasn't nearly as satisfying as the first book and really kind of meandered along. It was almost like the author didn't quite kno
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
As adorable as the cover is, and as much as I liked the first one, this book fell flat. The thriller part fizzles. There is little excitement. Much of it felt contrived, like the publisher demanded a sequel and Edwards had to come up with something.

I still love the characters. They're both so freakin' sweet it's ridiculous. Too sweet. Any time there was any tension between the two of them it was dealt with almost immediately. There was little conflict and all resolution. I wanted them to not be
Natalie
Jul 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
1st read 8/14 Rereading for a new book in the series!

Liked this almost as much as the first. It had some problems, as the red Escort following Mark was kind of dragged out and a little pointless. I did like that it showed their relationship really becoming solid. They had real conversations about things and Pearcecwas actually better about it than Mark! There was still some excitement and I liked the action scenes. I really need to read more Hank Edwards. I think I'll skip book 3 though, as it w
Terry
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved the characters, loved the story, a worthy follow up to Holed Up the first book. Hopefully now that things have settled between Mark and Aaron there will be more to follow. Easy read with only one loose end not tied up - why was the guy in the red Fiesta following Mark? That did not detract too much from my enjoyment of this book though

Five stars
Trisha Harrington
This was so needed. I really enjoyed catching up with Mark and Aaron. I still would have liked the book to be longer, but so much happened that I could still give this 4 stars. I had a fan girl moment at the end. I had so wanted them to say those three little words.
Anke
Jul 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Better than book #1 although the 'mystery' was rather harebrained. But the romance worked - the interaction between Mark and Pearce was believable and the lack of communication, especially their working through it, was fitting.
Sharon
May 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Awesome story! Great follow up to Holed Up. Love Pierce and Mark. It was nice to learn more about Pierce. I enjoyed the twists and turns in the story. Nice mystery. I hope there will be a third book, because Morgan is still out there.
Christy T
May 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
4.5 rounded up to a 5. I love these two and I really like that we got more into Pearce's head this time. To see how they both are struggling with living together and how each ones truly feels for the other. If you loved Holed Up....this is a MUST read! Highly Recommended.
Edina Rose
This series is getting better. The MCs relationship is GREAT, the deepening of their love is "palpable." There are some great intimate moments that warmed me up. *sighs*
Chris
May 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Pretty good m/m romantic suspense continuing the story of the FBI agent and the guy he was protecting, who are now living together but not communicating very well.
Sammy Goode
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So, a few years after the release of Holed Up, Hank Edwards gives both his readers and himself, I think, a very nice gift…a sequel, Shacked Up. Once again the crusty, sexy FBI agent Aaron Pearce is on the prowl, but this time, no further than his desk. For, you see, the sequel picks up just a few short months after the close of the previous novel in which Pearce got a knife embedded in his shoulder and is now in intensive physical therapy and remanded to his office chair until he has completely ...more
Maggie
Jun 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Rating 4.5

I enjoyed this follow up to Holed Up, more for the relationship growth and development than the plot. The plot and drama were a decent background to Aaron and Mark navigating their firsts real, long-term (4 months and counting) relationship. I really liked how even though there were some serious road blocks (real life type road blocks) to their long-term happiness, they worked them out together. There was no forced break-up trope in order to create false drama. I appreciated that very
Cathy Brockman
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-authors
I have been waiting for this one ever since I finished Holed Up! I was not disappointed. Shacked up is very well written delving deeper into agent Pearce’s and Mark’s relationships. Pearce has never had a steady relationship or rally been in love. Mark has moved from home and into Pearce’s apartment in DC, but he isn’t sure if it is because Pearce cares about him or is just still protecting him. Morgan the man that tried to kill him before and almost killed Pearce is still on the loose.
So does
Kazza
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Nice read. Nice relationship driven story with some action thrown into the mix for Pearce, and Mark, to get drawn into.

There was not as much tension as Holed Up but there was still some FBI matters with data being pinched. Trying to find out who the person/people behind it were. I still enjoyed Pearce and Mark as a couple. I liked the fact that the book looked at how hard it can be adjusting to living with someone else. Looking at boxes that you just can't unpack, not sure if you can handle some
Julie
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am enjoying the Up to Trouble series. Mark really resonates with me - at times he is insecure, bristly and in danger of becoming the damsel in distress - but then he finds an inner strength and we can see what Pearce sees in him. Their relationship moves forward, due in large part to the fact that they now live together, and I loved that Mark experienced an "oh s***" moment when he realizes that he has moved to Virginia and basically given up his life in Detroit without any clarity about the c ...more
Tori Thompson
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm liking this series, the continuing saga of Mark and Pearce... Mark is still sweet, Pearce is still an ass. I have hopes that at some point Pearce will get a clue, but it's fun to watch their story!

Pearce is grouchy, bored and grumpy in this story, frustrated with his boss holding him back from work. Mark tries to be patient, but it's hard when he thinks he's being stalked!

Not a long story, but a good one!
Chancey Knowles
I actually liked this one better than the 1st. I liked the M/Cs and how they learned to deal with living together. I thought the other cast of characters were very interesting. Many of the sarcastic remarks were hilarious. I was surprised by who drove the red Escort. This was a quick, fun, easy read. Great brain candy with both love and adventure.
clear skies
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, series
I vaguely remember enjoying the first book a tad more, however personally if you're going to write a fall up don't leave it so long people forget about your characters. I felt sorry for Mark in this book because he seemed to be in the middle of Pearce's mess-ups that it got rather ridiculous. Overall, plot was too thin and the characters left no impression.
Dianne Hartsock
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oooooh...did I already say how much I love these men? Ignored the 101 things I was supposed to do today to read this action packed, super sexy book. Plan on starting Roughed Up tomorrow. Don't you just love when a favorite book is a threesome? :)
Gwendolyn
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: law-enforcement
Sequels usually suck. This one did not. YAY!
~RMG
Jul 08, 2012 rated it liked it

• Riding with Heaven
  • High Concept
  • Starry Knight (City Knight #3)
  • Inferno
  • Laying Ghosts (Deputy Joe, #3)
  • Laurel Heights 2 (Laurel Heights, #2)
  • What You Do To Me (Breathe, #1.5)
  • Undercover Sins (Secret Sins #1)
  • Deadly Shades of Gold (Altered States, #2)
  • Yes (Vasquez and James #4.5)
  • Undercover Nights (Armadillo, #2)
  • Moving Mountains (Separate Ways, #3)
  • Caught by Surprise
  • Tempest (Playing the Fool, #3)
  • Teach Me Tonight (Have Body, Will Guard #3)
  • Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
  • Rentboy
  • Billie Jean
Hank Edwards is a curious mix of practical realist and feral dreamer. He is a fan of absurd comedy, as evidenced in the sizzling and hilarious Charlie Heggensford Fluffers, Inc. series, as well as Plus Ones, his wacky rom-com. He also loves a good mystery and suspense story, which inspired his Up to Trouble series, featuring FBI Agent Aaron Pearce and his lover Mark Beecher who met during one case ...more

Up to Trouble (4 books)
  • Holed Up (Up to Trouble #1)
  • Roughed Up (Up to Trouble #3)
  • Choked Up (Up to Trouble #4)