Start by marking “All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7)” as Want to Read:
All Together Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #7)

All Together Dead

(Sookie Stackhouse #7)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  180,236 ratings  ·  3,497 reviews

The summit is a tense situation. The vampire queen of
Published May 1st 2007 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about All Together Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All Together Dead

·  180,236 ratings  ·  3,497 reviews

Chloe
You know the worst thing about these books? They're like cotton candy. On face they look incredibly filling and satisfying but then you bite into them and the fluffy candy mass turns into so much sugar and you're just as hungry when you're finished as you were when you started. Except now you're out of money and your mom wants you to ride the Ferris wheel with your little sister.

I've devoured all seven of the Sookie books and now I want more, except there aren't any more. Yet. No one should conf
Jayson
(B+) 76% | Good
Notes: With more scope and exposition, it’s a sort of locked-room mystery (not really) solved by speculation and conjecture.
Kristin
Aug 15, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one--watch Alan Ball's version.
Recommended to Kristin by: Alan Ball--I blame you!
Miranda
Oct 14, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: vampire-fiction
Snooze fest. The avalanche of characters and the painful descriptions of the wedding just came so ridiculous, and I had to skip many pages. I am not the biggest fan of Quinn -- so that could be my reluctance to this book. I just wish Sookie would go to Eric and stop fighting her feelings.
I quite enjoyed this book, although it did remind me a bit of ‘Living Dead in Dallas’ where Sookie is also asked to go with the vampires to use her telepathic abilities, and finds another telepath called Barry, who also shows up in this one.
This book was a bit slow and heavy-going in places, but I still enjoyed it, and I liked the unexpected twist at the end, as I really didn’t see it coming! (view spoiler)
Becky
**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Again, I have to mention that this series is in desperate need of a decent editor. I mentioned this in my review of Book 5 (Dead as a Doornail):
"Jason's boss is Shirley (Catfish) Hennessey in Book 4, but in Book 5, all of a sudden he's Shirley (Catfish) Hunter. What?!?" In Book 7, we're now back to a version of Hennessey, although it's misspelled as "Hennessy".

This series as a whole, is interesting, mysterious and sexy. I feel the need to find out where this is all going,
Misha
Jan 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: novel, vampires, 2010
One of the consequences of reading these in rapid succession is that it's easier to catch continuity errors. I'm on Chapter 2 and have spotted two. Harris has Sookie think about how she's 26, but Sookie was 26 in the very first book and more than a year has elapsed since the events in that book. She also thinks about how Selah Pomphrey has been dating Bill for "weeks," but Selah has been dating bill since Book 5, and that book was set in late winter/early spring. This book is set in late Septemb ...more
Wanda
2019 Re-Read

Another evening, another Sookie Stackhouse book. At least I managed to cook some dinner last night, although my kitchen is still a mess. I have to find a way out of this groove I have found myself in—there are other things I need to be reading and other tasks that need my attention. But I may only find the way out by finishing up this series as a re-read.

I’ve always felt that this is the book where Sookie proves that she has good judgment—she seems to understand the plots and conspir
Geraldine O'Hagan
Oct 17, 2011 rated it did not like it
Katty
Nov 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: laughed-out-loud
My absolute favorite Sookie stackhouse to date. A lot of stuff happens in this book, but towards the end the action is great and goes somewhere you weren't really sure Ms. Harris would take you. Sookie travels to a Vampire Summit with Queen Sophie-Ann's entourage, which lends to some hilarious moments with different vamps and the fangbangers at their side. Like I said before, there is a lot more action then in previous books which is just exciting. Plus Quinn and Eric play for sookie's interest. ...more
Pam Nelson
5 All Together Dead Stars

Well, well Sookie gets herself into some pretty crazy predicaments.

I have to say I really liked the Vampire Summit, and how Sookie helps and gets put into some danger.

Quinn the shifter is yummy and I liked that he seems to really be in lust with her and she with him.

Andddd then poof Erik comes into play and they end up getting closer than they were.
Sookie is starting to hear Vampire brains and that can be verrry dangerous for her if anyone finds out.

Although I love
Ria
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbt
If i pray every night, and hang around with humans, and leave the Weres alone, i'll be okay.

Murder,court,law,lies,bombs,bloood...

It would have been more help to me if he'd come ten minutes earlier... or not at all.
Useless as always. Is Quinn supposed to be interesting and are we supposed to care about his relationship with Sookie? And i thought that her relationship with Bill was boring.

I feel like the start wasn't THAT strong but i was really invested after like 100-150pages. It was a fun r
Tonya
Nov 30, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Best one in the series! Easy read, Eric comes center stage for sure. A Bill fan no longer am I.
Jilly
Jun 05, 2015 rated it liked it
So, there's a big event that has a lot of protesters who want to kill all of the people at the event. All of the people attending this event are staying at the same hotel which supposedly has great security, because, again, there are crazies who literally would LOVE to kill everyone in attendance. Soon after arrival, each and every party gets a phone call from the management of the hotel saying that there is an extra piece of luggage that belongs to them and they need to come down and pick it up ...more
Jim
Still very entertaining, but I was disappointed by her adding creatures from another dimension that could become invisible. It was a bit too much for me. The parts could have been handled by other supernatural creatures without going so far afield. It went too far beyond the scope of the world she's created without a good reason.

Also, the setup by the Fellowship was too transparent & unrealistic. The security lapses were just too gross & the scheme was ludicrous.

I did like finding out m
Richard Derus
May 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.4* of five

The Publisher Says: Louisiana cocktail waitress Sookie Stackhouse has her hands full dealing with every sort of undead and paranormal creature imaginable. And after being betrayed by her longtime vampire love, Sookie must not only deal with a new man in her life—the shapeshifter Quinn—but also contend with the long-planned vampire summit.

The summit is a tense situation. The vampire queen of Louisiana is in a precarious position, her power base weakened by hurricane damage to
Marianne
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All Together Dead is the seventh full-length novel in the Sookie Stackhouse series by popular American author, Charlaine Harris. As well as preparing for imminent weddings, Sookie has to get a wardrobe together for the Vampire Summit to be held in Rhodes. The Queen of Louisiana, Sophie-Ann Leclerq has engaged Sookie’s services as a telepath to assist with various negotiations and deals.

And of course, Sookie is the only witness to the murder of the Queen’s late husband, the King of Arkansas, Pet
Jeffrey Michael
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. I also love the True Blood series that's based on this series of books. I've always been a believer in not reading the book if you're going to watch the movie, read it afterward but for this series the rule doesn't apply. They've changed the series so much from the book that I can read the books and still enjoy the HBO series. I enjoy both and this book follows right along with the previous Sookie Stackhouse installments. Ms. Harris has a penchant for leaving me hanging on th ...more
Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com)
I haven't read this in a couple years, but I remember thinking it was my favorite since book 4, Dead to the World. Eric is in it more too. If I'm remembering correctly, there's a lot more action and excitement. There's more Quinn in this one and Sookie meets another telepath, Barry the Bellboy.

At the end of this one is a fantastic scene involving one of the Queen's children, Sookie, and Eric. Sookie's bond with Eric grows at the end because (view spoiler)
Maggie
Nov 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book was a hit for me. I love this series, even though it doesn't make me smarter or a better person for having read it. And even though it's totally unbelievable and Sookie is nothing like me, and a little silly.

In All Together Dead, she's heading to the Vampire summit, the Vampire Queen of Louisiana(that's right, Queen of Louisiana, see above paragraph)plans to use Sookie's telepathic abilities. She and Quinn are hot and heavy and Eric and Sookie's relationship also moves to another level
Kristina
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Και αν το κομμάτι της ποιότητας μέσα μου μείνει scorched earth για πάντα?Κι αν όλα αυτά τα cringe με αναγκάσουν τελικά να κάνω μπότοξ?Κι αν πάω να ανοίξω κανα άλλο βιβλίο και δεν ανοίγει?
Notreadathon18: Ένα βιβλίο που διαβάσατε στην τουαλέτα και μετά σκουπιστήκατε με αυτό
Dagny
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: harris-charlaine
This book was a letdown after the run of Sookie books which I thoroughly enjoyed. The bridal shower which even Sookie didn't enjoy was a big letdown.

It was fun to see Barry Bellboy again when he showed up at the Summit with the Dallas contingent. But the vampiric political shenanigans went on too long for me although many readers probably enjoyed this part. The various vampire royalty gushing about how glad they were to see someone and thinking how they wished somebody would come along and stake
Edna
Jul 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, urban-fantasy
4.5 stars.

Pretty much from start to finish, I adored All Together Dead. Sure the reveals in it were pretty damn glaring but I definitely was entertained. It was interesting how Harris wrote it with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. It certainly brought more dire circumstances for the Louisiana group at the summit.

Sookie's romantic life wasn't holding this book down at all, it's quite obvious, at least to me, who she's meant to be with. ERIC. Judging by his actions/comments and even Pam's comm
Janelle Dazzlepants
Feb 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Korynn
May 22, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
For those who can't stand it any longer, Sookie and Quinn finally have some quality time in the beginning. Then her life goes back into the usual chaos she seems to thrive on, in this case a vampire summit during which A LOT of bad things happen and Sookie manages to entangle herself with her former beaus again. I liked this one because there are so many new characters and yet you get a strong impression of each one. Some old characters reveal a little more about themselves, in some cases too mu ...more
Fabian
Dec 17, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one again culminates in a battlefield of a climax. I suppose Bill will no longer be part of the bizzarro love triangle, as Quinn the were-tiger (lame) debunks Bill. Eric is still a contender though...

Anyway, this one seemed a bit smaller a story than the others... probably because it all takes place in a hotel. The vamp summit is, of course, very eventful and the story continues with alligences being switched left and right and new characters developing while others are mercilessly killed o
Beth
Every time I take a break in between one Sookie book and the next I have to reacclimate myself to the heinosity. This series really is quite stupid. But I can't help myself, I love it.

Sookie's thought process at the beginning of the book over the merits of warm penis vs. cold penis was way too gross for me to handle. For real. But otherwise this one was alright...especially once the fireworks started at the end.
Amelia
Oh, COME ON is there a person on the planet that doesn't (view spoiler). Grow some fucking BRAIN CELLS already Sookie. You've just made yourself accessory to (view spoiler) And that waiter that is purposefully avoiding you maybe you should, you know, find out why? Ditto for (view spoiler). Because of course the despondent outcast isn't a likely suspect. Why wou ...more
Lauren
All Together Dead
4 Stars

Sookie accompanies Sophie Ann, the Queen of Louisiana, and her entourage to the Vampire Summit in Illinois. There she must contend not only with the political machinations of the various vampire factions, and the murder of the Arkansas contingent, but also a possible terror attack that may wipe out everyone she knows.

The mystery in this installment is one of the more predictable and could have been resolved more easily if Sookie didn't have the terrible tendency toward f
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Sookie Stackhouse is becoming quite the popular waitress - for her telepathic gift, mostly. She accompanies the vampiric Queen of Louisiana and her entourage to the vampire summit near Chicago, in order to read the minds of the human hangers-on to the other vampires. In the aftermath of her disastrous wedding and Katrina, the Queen is facing a trial over the murder of her vampire husband, Peter Threadgill, and the dispute of his territory, Arkansas.

Sookie soon finds herself in demand as well as
Fantasy Buddy Reads: All Together Dead [Mar 25, 2018] 10 33 Mar 26, 2018 01:45PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: All Together Dead 1 4 Dec 26, 2013 12:40PM
Does anyone know if the tv show will end at 7 seasons? 10 101 Aug 28, 2013 01:18PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris 1 2 Jun 19, 2013 09:19AM
What actor do you picture as Quinn?? 98 485 Apr 23, 2013 03:51AM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Burnt Offerings (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #7)
  • Undead and Unpopular (Undead, #5)
  • Every Which Way But Dead (The Hollows, #3)
  • Embraced by Darkness (Riley Jenson Guardian #5)
  • Unusual Suspects: Stories of Mystery & Fantasy
  • One More Bite (Jaz Parks, #5)
  • Iron Kissed (Mercy Thompson, #3)
  • Possession (Blood Ties, #2)
Charlaine Harris has been a published novelist for over thirty-five years. A native of the Mississippi Delta, she grew up in the middle of a cotton field. Charlaine lives in Texas now, and all of her children and grandchildren are within easy driving distance.

Though her early output consisted largely of ghost stories, by the time she hit college (Rhodes, in Memphis) Charlaine was writing poetry an

Sookie Stackhouse (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)
  • Living Dead in Dallas (Sookie Stackhouse, #2)
  • Club Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #3)
  • Dead to the World (Sookie Stackhouse, #4)
  • Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5)
  • Definitely Dead (Sookie Stackhouse, #6)
  • From Dead to Worse (Sookie Stackhouse, #8)
  • Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse, #9)
  • Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10)
  • Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11)
“Some might think you suicidal."
"Well, 'some' can stick it up their ass.”
261 likes
“Ha," I said. "Oh, ha-ha. Yeah, ’cause they love me. You see how many vampires are up here? Zero, right?"
One," said Eric, stepping out of the stairwell.”
247 likes