Start by marking “I Like Being Me: Poems for Children About Feeling Special, Appreciating Others, and Getting Along” as Want to Read:

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  14 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
From the author of Make Someone Smile, this delightful collection of 26 rhyming poems is perfect for reading aloud.
The themes—being kind, solving problems, learning from mistakes, telling the truth, dealing with feelings, making decisions, being a friend, and more—are clear, understandable, and relevant to the everyday lives of young children.
Published August 14th 2007 by Free Spirit Publishing (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about I Like Being Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Like Being Me

CH13_PreciousAllen
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry
"I like Being Me" by Judy Lalli is a beautifully written poetry book for kids of all ages. (However, I would recommend this book for grades k-4.) This book speaks highly of self-esteem and loving oneself. In addition, the poems teach children about sharing, learning from their mistakes, being truthful, and helping others. Overall, this is a poetry book that helps to instill moral values in children.

There are twenty-six poems, and each poem is accompanied by a black and white photo. Teachers can
Tammy Emmert
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poetry

A collection of poems about being kind, solving problems, learning from mistakes, telling the truth, dealing with feelings, being a friend, and more.

Poem: I can Choose

I'm a winner
That's what I'll be!
Dana
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I like the photographs and bright illustrations in this book of poems about behavior for adults to share with children. I think that children will enjoy many of these poems. The book also includes a guide for teachers, parents and other adults explaining the social skills addressed by the poems, and giving ideas for activities that could be done using the poems.
Holly Thompson
May 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: cares-traits
This is a nice poetry book that could be used to help remind kids good behavior.
Emilie Epps