Start by marking “Animal Miracles: Inspirational and Heroic True Stories” as Want to Read:
Animal Miracles: Inspirational and Heroic True Stories

Animal Miracles: Inspirational and Heroic True Stories

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  77 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
This volume collects 50 stories of celebrating the courageous deeds of cats, dogs, pigs, cows, horses, and parrots.
Published May 1st 1999 by Adams Media Corporation

To ask other readers questions about Animal Miracles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Animal Miracles

Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very inspirational stories. It's impossible to document all these snippets, usually a few pages each, so I doubt a couple were true.
Jul 29, 2011 rated it liked it
I am not a huge fan of non-fiction. It just does not keep my attention as a good fiction book does. With that being said, however, one of the only types of non-fiction I will read is that about animals. I picked up Animal Miracles at the public library from the large print section. Sometimes you can find books there that you can't find in the regular section. I was not expecting much from the book. Mainly I picked it up looking for fluffy animal stories. Which is exactly what I got, with some sp ...more
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have this book along with the three other books in the series (the other titles being Dog Miracles, Cat Miracles, and Horse Miracles). All four books have some truly touching and heartwarming true stories of the devotion and loyalty of domesticated companion animals, and sometimes even their wild cousins.

I have read books on animal heroics before, but these books are slightly different. Not all the stories are a about a single, dramatic act of courage that saved a life (although there are some
Sep 26, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since my father's death I have seeking something.. I can't believe he has been gone 2 months.. I miss him terribly.. but i have been seeking some spiritual answers and I suppose I wanted to be in touch what is going on.. This book made me feel comforted that there is a purpose and good out there beyond this earth... I know my Dad is in a beautiful place...I will struggle to still find answers but I slowly feeling more at peace.. Not yet but I hope I will be in time..
Nov 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Dozens of touching and truly extraordinary stories on benign animals miraculously protecting and sometimes saving the lives of human beings. These stories will definetly put a smile on your face and warm your heart. I would recomend this to any animal lover, as there are stories about birds, dogs, cats, pigs, and more!
Lori Padgett
The stories in this book were short and mostly inspirational. Great to read when you only have a couple of minutes here and there. However, the writing and editing were well below par which really impacted my enjoyment of the book.
Jan 26, 2013 rated it liked it
A little chewed-up and simplistic for anything more than a three, but it occurs to me that these would make good bedtime stories to read aloud--if anyone still does that anymore.
An interesting collection of stories about animals and the unexplained miracles they have performed in people's lives. Some of the stories are very unique and inspirational.
Aug 08, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely stories of angles helping people during a death defying moment and how they lived to tell about them.
Sep 07, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nonfiction
This book offers short essays about how various animals have rescued humans from danger.
Jan 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one! Some very good stories, and an easy read b/c you can read a few and put it down and come back at any time. Great to read if your feeling down.
Jun 20, 2014
rated it it was ok
Feb 26, 2013
Oct 31, 2009
Emily Bailey
Oct 08, 2011
Laura Verret
rated it did not like it
Sep 20, 2010