Start by marking “Affabel: Window of Eternity: Awaken Your Soul” as Want to Read:
Affabel: Window of Eternity: Awaken Your Soul

Affabel: Window of Eternity: Awaken Your Soul

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  128 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
A trapped father. A desperate son. A clock ticking down toward certain death--and a fate even more horrifying still... A gripping thriller that already has moved and changed thousands of readers with its themes of life and death, earthly issues vs. eternal values. Now an affordable paperback for those who want to buy copies for family and friends. The dramatized CD of Resc ...more
Audio CD, 352 pages
Published September 30th 2007 by Bethany House Publishers (first published September 1st 2007)

Latonya
Apr 25, 2008 rated it liked it
Oh my gosh! This was awesome! If this audio CD doesn't make you examine where you are spiritually, your heart has to be hard. It doesn't matter how much we go to church, how much religious jargon we know, how many religious songs we sing, how many religious books and tapes we listen to, if we have truly not submitted to God, we will be in for a rude awakening when we approach the throne of God. Don't get caught. Live for God today ... everyday.

3/7/16

Having learned about grace and what Christ did
Rosa
Apr 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I first heard this on a radio station. They would play a portion each day and I found myself leaving work later and driving slower just to catch it. I received a set from my pastor later and was able to enjoy the entire program in it's entirety. This is a great story and a great allegory.
Tiffany
Jun 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is incredibly convicting and challenges your faith. It is mysterious, captivating, heartbreaking, and awesome. If you've ever wondered what it is going to be like to stand in the throne room of Jesus for judgement, this is an amazing, Biblical portrayal.
Anne
Jul 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
One of the greatest things I have ever heard!!! Will give you more perspective on your final judgement and what your priorities should be in this life! Excellent!
Pierre Hulsebus
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
My kids found it compelling, I was just annoyed.
Linda, The Industrious Homemaker
This is an audio allegory. I'm not usually good with allegories, but with the help of the book by the same author, Driven By Eternity, I understood the characters before listening to the audio. I have to say that even without reading the book portion first, I would have gotten these characters. I truly understood what they were about.

The story was so telling of the truths in the Bible. We are not taught these truths anymore. Churches are so afraid to say what the Bible says in fear of losing mem
Chantel
Aug 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I first started, I was afraid. I was worried that it would be unbiblical and sensationalized account of eternity. Instead what I found was a great story of human trials followed by the true judgement that will happen for all believers. And it presented the world with the hard truth that God will have many approach the throne that claim to be followers, but that he will turn them away claiming not to know them. It's not enough to just believe in Jesus, you must also live for Him consistently ...more
Tristram
Mar 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
**mini-rant warning**

I know it can be really annoying to read rants that disagree with your faith, especially when they are often not polite either. In saying that, I feel that Christians should understand how their beliefs are perceived by non-believers. This book was recommended by a Christian friend, and as well intended as it was, this book left me thinking God was an utter jerk (that is to say, the character who is represented as an analogy of God was an utter jerk, for more reasons than o
Kelsie
Dec 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was the greatest audio book I've ever heard. I just ordered the actual cds so I can give them to everyone I know. I recommend this to every Christian
Jared Lieschke
Jan 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Truly epic!! As the title suggests, John Bevere's masterpiece will awaken your mind and soul by stretching your premeditated ideas of eternity and how it will play out as consequences to your life here on earth.
Sarabeara
Jan 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is well worth listening to. It's intense, but the story line speaks volumes for those in Christ. The friends, the passion, the dreams and desires of the characters. It's a story that will touch your heart, stretch you and inspire you to live your life with a character that imitates Christ.
Judy
Aug 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Loved it! Thought provoking!
Mitch
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, great book, it seriously makes you think and relect. A must read!
Joseph Ballenger
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Awesome portrayal of how Jesus will ultimately judge each person! A humbling and eye-opening experience!
Makes me wish this was a longer series!
Mina Nabil
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Story :)
Kara
Dec 20, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: christians
This gives an interesting twist on beliefs of the bible.
Katie Kirschenmann
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful and convicting, intense!!
Katrina
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this, its very good quality and is linked to John Bevere's book driven by eternity. I found this challenging but in a good way and I would recommend this.
Corey
Oct 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Pretty interesting, and the best thing about this was the narration by John Rhys-Davies.
Bethany
  • Held Hostage: A Serial Bank Robber's Road to Redemption
  • Amy Carmichael
  • Change The World: Recovering The Message And Mission Of Jesus
  • Which None Can Shut
  • All for a Song (All For, #1)
  • When We Have Failed-What Next?: God's Answer to Our Failures
  • Fight Like a Girl: The Power of Being a Woman
  • Boy Who Cried Abba
  • The Two Covenants
  • Relationships 101
  • A Heart for Freedom: The Remarkable Journey of a Young Dissident, Her Daring Escape, and Her Quest to Free China's Daughters
  • Rules of Engagement: Preparing for Your Role in the Spiritual Battle
  • Demons the Answer Book
Marked by boldness and passion, John Bevere delivers uncompromising truth through his award-winning curriculums and bestselling books, now in more than 60 languages, including "The Bait of Satan," "Drawing Near" and "Driven by Eternity." He is an international speaker and co-host of "The Messenger" TV program broadcast worldwide.

John enjoys living in Colorado Springs with his wife, Lisa, also a b
More about John Bevere...