Start by marking “Someone I Love Died by Suicide: A Story for Child Survivors and Those Who Care for Them” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  6 ratings  ·  2 reviews
This book is designed for adult caregivers to read to surviving youngsters following a suicidal death. The story in this book allows individuals and opportunity to recognize normal grieving symptoms and to identify various interventions to promote healthy ways of coping with the death of a special person. Although the language used in the book is simplistic enough to be re ...more
Published May 8th 2001 by Grief Guidance Inc

To ask other readers questions about Someone I Love Died by Suicide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Someone I Love Died by Suicide

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Someone I Love Died by Suicide: A Story for Child Survivors and Those Who Care for Them
Arin Williams
This book directly addresses the reader as it explains what may happen in the aftermath of the completed suicide of a loved one. Topics of discussion include the symptoms that lead up to suicide, the feelings of loved ones left behind, the customs and traditions of death, and potential coping mechanisms. At times, the book uses language that may be too advanced for a young reader, and there is not a glossary of terms provided. 34 pages.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
I'm not sure how to rate this one. There's some good stuff in here but it's for kids and the child I was using it for had no interest in it. The illustrations are pale and uninteresting and the text is dry. I think it's an area that really needs more books, but I'm afraid this one just doesn't do what it needs to do.
Lillena