Start by marking “River (River Wolfe, #1)” as Want to Read:
River (River Wolfe, #1)

River

(River Wolfe #1)

Defiant, nocturnal, moody, and short tempered. Though she sounds like a typical teenager, River is anything but. She's a werewolf. River was once the alpha female of a wolf pack, until one night when she was attacked and bitten by a mysterious human. When she awoke, she found herself completely alone, and changed into a young human girl. Three years later, after being thru ...more
Published March 25th 2006 by Mundania Press LLC (first published March 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about River, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about River

Anna RBTL Book Promotions
Oct 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Ok All I can say is this book rocked on so many different levels. I loved the take Skyla gives of the werewolf legends and the book needs to be on everyones TBR pile at the top. You will not be disappointed at all.
Julia
Nov 09, 2007 rated it it was ok
It was okay. Not very intense or interesting and very simple plot. Not going to recommend it.
Kimberly Lynn Cullipher
As I sit here, at my computer, contemplating what to write, I am torn. I am very on the fence about whether I liked "River" by Skyla Dawn Cameron or not.

"River" is a book about a female wolf--the alpha of her pack, as the reader is reminded constantly--who was bitten by a human and thus became human, in a sort of reverse werewolf story. The only problem is, really, that she does not know how to turn back into a wolf. This is very frustrating for her, and she falls into the category of supernatu
Anna
An early novella by Skyla Dawn Cameron. River finds it hard to adjust to life in high school, but then she has an unusual past. Fearless but unsociable and antagonistic, River becomes uneasy when she realises she is being followed one evening.
This edition is a rewrite of Skyla Dawn Cameron's initial version of the story (which I've not read). It still has the passion of an early book. Not all problems are solved, which I liked, but being a novella some of the narrative is wrapped up perhaps more
Heather Petty
Jan 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, owned, ya, favorites, friends
I admit that I only picked up this book because I know the author from Twitter, and like her a lot personally. But I'm SOOO glad I did.

I loved this book. More than that, though, the world and characters are still with me to this day.

It took me a bit to connect to the main character. But in the end, I think that's a good thing.

River is a wolf, turned human as part of absolutely brilliant werewolf mythology that I thought was really unique. But because of that, the character was crafted to be di
A.M.
Feb 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
A one-sentence summary? High school drama meets supernatural story. Almost like the werewolf answer to Twilight. :)
I read this in one sitting. It's refreshing to read a novel which injects new blood into a theme which has been covered numerous times. Well, two themes, actually: werewolves, and the typical high school dramas.
To turn werewolf theories around, and suggest they were originally wolves, turned into humans, is an idea that has endless possibilities. And to further indicate that other
Sarai
Sep 08, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those who love werewolves and Twilight fans
Recommended to Sarai by: Amazon
Shelves: youngadult, own, re-read
Okay let me start by saying I loved this book. I will try to sum it up but we all know I suck at it. This is a YA book that focuses on River who was a wolf until another wolf bit her turning her into a human girl. Now three years later she is still having a hard time adjusting to her new life and she has recently discovered who that wolf was that bit her. He is a werewolf and it is a wonderful story watching River struggle with human lifestyles.
This is the werewolf book for the Twilight fans. Wo
Bitten_by_Books
Dec 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: becky
In the debut book of a new series, River is an intense look into a not so typical teenage life...

For the entire review please go to the Best Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Review site on the web, Bitten By Books for the review of River in it's entirety. You won't be sorry.
Hmr28
Jan 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I am not sure why I never wrote anything for this one. It was an excellent book. A very unique take on werewolves. She is an excellent character writer. River really jumps off the page.
Patrisha
Sep 26, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well writtin. Interesting. Like a person that had u at hello, this book is a keeper
Nessa
Jan 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
It was a good book about a girl who was a wolf, gets bitten by a human, and turns into a human.
Texpatstarling
Mar 29, 2009
Tiffany Jensen
Jul 07, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Friend Requests: I am really happy to accept new friends, however there is a challenge question. I realize it sounds bitchy, but I don't like author spam any more than any other reader. I ignore requests that don't respond to the challenge question (unless I *actually* know you in some capacity).

Please don't spam me with invitations to read your book. Thanks.

-----------

Award-winning author Skyla

River Wolfe (3 books)
  • Wolfe (River Wolfe, #2)
  • Rebellion: A River Wolfe Story