Start by marking “My Soul to Keep (Rise of the Fallen, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Soul to Keep (Rise of the Fallen, #1)

My Soul to Keep (Rise of the Fallen #1)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  227 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
Product Description
Ever have one of those bad ideas just pop into your head? You know the ones. They seem like a great idea at the time, but if you had stopped to think about it a moment…

I’m talking about those ideas where you just seize the moment and do what your heart tells you to. Then, after the dust settles and you get bandaged up, your parents say, “What the hell we
Published May 9th 2012 by Untold Press, LLC (first published April 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about My Soul to Keep, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Soul to Keep

Jen Wylie
May 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of Hayden's best stories so far. Full of his trademark wit and humor, My Soul to Keep is his first young adult novel (and first of the Rise of the Fallen series!). Of course it slips into the paranormal genre as well and we get an added bonus of some romance! There are some wonderful tender scenes that had me sniffling. The characters will keep you laughing through an action packed, twisted plot.
Have your tissues handy. If you're not laughing so hard you cry at Hayden's wit and humor
Scott
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This isn't my first Sean Hayden book, but I think it's his best so far. Hayden tells a story of high school/teen angst which becomes complicated when the main character, Connor, makes an ill-advised deal: his soul for his fondest wish. When he figures out a way to sort of 'game' the deal, he becomes immortal - and incredibly powerful.

Then he falls in love.

I got pulled into the story at some point, and I loved the way Hayden connects with his teenaged characters, with their emotions, with their c
Brandy
Jun 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At first I didn't think I would like this book but once I started to read it, I really started too. A interesting twist to the "Angel" and "Demon" idea but also a little dash of wish making.

I will be looking for the 2nd one in the series.
G.L. Jackson
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
When I see a young adult paranormal book, I know what to expect. There's a definite formula that's fairly predictable. My Soul to Keep busts some of those stereotypes, and does it in a witty and charming way. The world Hayden creates is filled with the unexpected, but my favorite thing about the story is just how quickly the abnormal becomes acceptably mundane. That's where the author's sense of humor comes in, making what could be trite in less skilled hands into a funny and delightful ride whe ...more
Kat
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so good !!! I didn't it'd be so good. I haven't read many books in the boys point of view, but this was really great ! :) the story was really awesome and original, and just so creative ! I can't wait do the next one!!
*LeIgH*
Jun 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Quick read, very much enjoyed it. First of the kind with demons and such-funny and entertaining.
Kristin
Jun 19, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You’ve seen the title before, right? It’s not the same book. I have to admit, the title is slightly used but it actually goes along with the story extremely well and I can’t imagine another title that would fit as appropriately. For a quick, action urban fantasy/paranormal romance story, My Soul to Keep is fun, unique and has a surprisingly exciting ending. I can’t wait for the next one ;)

Connor is a 15 year old self-described loner. His parents both work so his typical day consists of coming ho
Gareth
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Be careful what you wish for…:

It’s a great thing to fall in love. It’s an absolute devil of a thing to jeopardise the one you love. What price would you pay to have granted any wish you could imagine?

Connor, the very definition of an average guy, enjoys not much more in life than playing video games… and loathes not much more in life than algebra! In a moment of manic lunacy, he decides to make a deal with…the devil?… he has no idea. He’s just bored. And he has a black candle. And with a drop of
Michele Collins
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Title: My Soul To Keep
Author: Sean Hayden
Publisher: Untold Press
ISBN: 9780615641539
Reviewed by Michele Tater for The Couch Tater Review

“The soul is not where it lives, but where it loves.” ~H. G. Bohn

Be careful what you wish for. Maybe young Connor Sullivan should have though of that very adage when he is given the chance to have a wish granted. Oh, of course he will argue that he was under a lot of pressure at the time and speaking of time, he did not have a it to make a “better” choice if
Rachel Hicks
May 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Conner made a split decision that would effect the rest of his life. Some things you cant change, you make the decision and you can never can go back, Conner learned this the hard way. His intentions were never to harm anyone, he only wanted to undue something he wasn't sure how he did in the first place.

I loved the dynamic between all of the characters. Claire was my favorite she is sassy, and mean but you can feel through the author how she feels about Conner. Jess is sweet and I knew she had
  • Dark Revelation
  • Rise from Darkness (Battle for Souls, #1)
  • Lover's Betrayal (Misfits of the Lore, #1)
  • Song to Wake to (Levels, # 1)
  • Wicked Hungry
  • Vampire in Distress (Family Blood Ties, #2)
  • Wraith (Wraith, #1)
  • Aliens Are Real, Part 1 (Energy, #1)
  • A Shadow's Light (The Shadow Series, #2)
  • Blood Awakening (Blood Burden, #0.5)
  • Broken Butterflies
  • The Tears of Elios (Elgean Chronicles, #1)
  • Set in Stone
  • Morning Star (Equinox #1)
  • Fated Hearts
  • iFeel (Vis Vires Trilogy, #1)
  • Gateway (The Gateway Trilogy, #1)
  • Primal (Vengeance, #1)
Born the son of a fire chief, Sean naturally developed a love of playing with fire. His family and friends quickly found other outlets for his destructive creativity. Writing is his latest endeavor.
Always a fan of the macabre, mythical, and magical, Sean found a love of urban fantasy and horror. After writing several novels in this genre, he found, fell in love with, and immersed himself in steamp
More about Sean Hayden...

Rise of the Fallen (2 books)
  • Your Soul to Take (Rise of the Fallen, #2)
“I must have cried myself out. The tears stopped falling and I breathed in through my nose. I stood up and looked down at my baby sister lying there. I kissed my fingertips and touched her forehead.

"Goodbye, brat," I whispered.

"Stop calling me brat."

Caelyn's eyes opened. Her irises were blood red. She gave me an impish smile and bared her fangs.

Little sisters suck...”
1 likes
“Mr. Parker’s mouth dropped open like a toddler had crawled under his desk and whacked him in the giblets. I tried not to giggle as he slowly closed his mouth and stood up from behind his desk. I expected him to start shouting obscenities about the stupidity of pre-marital sex, but he walked around and closed the door behind me. I could practically hear the phone call he would make to my mother in my head.

“Connor, I hope I don’t need to give you a lecture about how dangerous it is for someone of your age to engage in such activities?”

“No, sir. Trust me when I say, it was an accident and won’t be happening again for as long as I live my life as a single person. Such activities are best left to those with more experience and have joined their lives in holy matrimony.” I fought hard to keep my face sincere and deadpan. I didn’t know what the hell was going on with me, but I liked it. Not only had I come up with the most unbelievable lie in the universe, I sounded heartily sorry for it too.”
0 likes