Start by marking “Majestic Descending” as Want to Read:
Majestic Descending

Majestic Descending

(Katherine Adams Mystery #1)

Soon to be a major motion picture

It was supposed to be a vacation

Katherine Adams is taking a cruise on the fabulous Ocean Majestic, the largest and most luxurious ocean liner in the world. This is exactly the break Katherine needs from her demanding Atlanta legal practiceand it's also a chance to forget the demons that still haunt her, to forget the madman who abducted
Published June 12th 2007 by Forge Books (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Majestic Descending, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Majestic Descending

Start your review of Majestic Descending
Ace
Jun 17, 2012 rated it did not like it
Picked this book up in a local junk shop. That's where it belongs. Let me see, kids, you want a "surprise" ending, something out of left field that you'll never see coming, even if it doesn't make any sense? Then this is the book for you. I was going to bring it back to the junk shop, but I the humanity in me tells me to burn it. Unfortunately, I bought another book by the same author. I'll burn it, too.
JANET
Sep 04, 2008 rated it it was ok
I ALSO FOUND QUITE A FEW INCONSISTENCIES. ONE QUOTE WAS FOLLOWED BY "SAID DOUG". DIDN'T KNOW WHO HE WAS. PLUS A FEW OTHER THINGS THAT THREW ME OFF. I WAS DISAPPOINTED IN THE ENDING. IT JUST DIDN'T SEEM POSSIBLE. I DIDN'T SEE ANY CLUES THROUGH THE STORYLINE THAT WOULD BRING THE ENDING TO THIS.
Vicki
Jul 24, 2010 rated it it was ok
I certainly read the whole book, but I was not really impressed with the writing. I am put off by misspellings and inconsistencies. It had promise, but not much came of it.
Jenna
May 19, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book was good until the end. The ending was completely unrealistic and just awful. It was rushed and soooooo absurd it didnt make any sense. Between the horrible ending and the awful lack of proofreading, this book deserves one star. ...more
Jenny Delandro
Feb 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
after much persuasion KJ goes on a cruise.... her best friend Beth Jumps at the chance to go with her.... her rich husband paves the way for a great holiday......

Katherine meets John Delany and the sparks fly.....
(view spoiler)
ItBetterBeGood
Jan 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: murder mystery buffs, clue lovers
Recommended to ItBetterBeGood by: friends
I heard about this author from friends who know that this book and its sequel are currently in production to become Bruce Willis movies, the first coming out in July 2011, so I had to read it. The sequel is "Dead Docket" which I literally put on my shoes to drive to the book store to purchase within five minutes of finishing "Majestic Descending". I finished that one the next day. That's how good these two books are. I really cannot remember being so happy about time spent with a modern day ...more
Alex
Feb 01, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: murder-mystery
I was looking for something trashy to read on my airplane flight and got what I wanted- the seemingly improbable tale of two friends who go a cruise across the Atlantic only to encounter murder, bad guys for hire, and the sinking of said ship. All in all an unrealistic tale but what I was looking for.
Thomas
Jul 25, 2012 rated it did not like it
Read this horrible, horrible thriller for a magazine article I'm writing about this author, a con man who not only defrauded his victims out of millions of dollars, but also conned the publishing industry into thinking this book was being acquired by Hollywood for the next Die Hard. The book is awful, the true story is amazing.
Joe
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
from 2007 but if you havent read it...its NEW, right! Another introduction to a strong female character, High powered Atlanta attorney, Katherine Adams. From a cruise ship to the Italian countryside to the streets of NYC. Add exciting scenes in the courtroom and you will be happy you read this thriller.
Alstair S
Dec 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was a first rate thriller with some really fun characters. Delaney reminds me of Robert Parker's Spencer. Katherine Adams was a wonderful female lead. I really hope the author continues with them in the future. The pace moved well and the dialogue was quite well done.
Shirley
Jul 03, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
Plot was pretty good--though not exactly believable as to who the guilty party turns out to be, but little flow to the writing style. And a couple of definite errors as in one paragraph describing someone as 30 or 31 years old, and not two paragraphs further on saying the same person was 35 or 36.
Jayme Damm
I thought this book was kind of wierd. The format was good but not really my style. All though i did like how it kept you on the edge of seat and wondering what would happen next. The ending was totally unexpected.
Salsadancer
Jul 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
This is a murder mystery that is centered around a cruise ship. The plot is so contrived, not realistic.
Noelle
Sep 15, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Interesting and entertaining storyline, albiet the ending is unexpected. No character development, and dialogue is unnatural-sounding.
Debby
Sep 18, 2007 rated it it was ok
A book of adventure on a cruise ship and then in Europe - but too many obvious inconsistencies made the book more annoying than enjoyable.
M
May 04, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction
Not very well written.
Katy
Aug 05, 2015 rated it liked it
A good find at the library book sale.
David
Kenneth Calambro
Dec 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

• Fever 1793
  • Terminal Freeze (Jeremy Logan, #2)
  • The Night Window (Jane Hawk #5)
  • A Great Reckoning (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #12)
  • The Other Side of Midnight (Midnight #1)
  • A Suitable Vengeance (Inspector Lynley, #4)
  • Chase
  • Airframe
  • The Chalk Girl (Kathleen Mallory, #10)
  • No One to Trust
Mitchell Gross is an American writer and convicted con man, writing under the pen name Mitchell Graham. Gross has written two fantasy series and several mystery novels.

Preceding the publication of those novels, Graham ran a fictional writing contest called the "Delmont-Ross Writing Contest". The Writer Beware website run by the SFWA investigated that contest, and . Gross has made similar claims

Katherine Adams Mystery (2 books)
  • Dead Docket