Start by marking “Surviving the End” as Want to Read:
Surviving the End

Surviving the End

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  14 ratings  ·  5 reviews
I am a Story Keeper. It is my duty to traverse the land in search of small pockets of survivors, those who fled the major cities and towns after the events that forever altered Earth, and record their experiences.

Within this volume, I have collected tales that reflect the very core of humanity – the desperate struggle for survival. Time will freeze existence, birds will si
Paperback, 1st, 272 pages
Published May 8th 2012 by Dark Prints Press

To ask other readers questions about Surviving the End, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Surviving the End

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Surviving the End
Pete Aldin
Apr 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Ian Welke
Shelves: post-apocalyptic
For lovers of the post-apocalyptic, you could do a lot worse than this collection of short stories. And I don't know that you could do a lot better. I enjoyed this.

The darkness is definitely there. The editor has chosen authors who target language purposefully. And for the most part, the stories are worth telling. There was only one of the 8 stories I got bored with and didn't finish...which is something for me. Authors like Nahrung, D'Lacey and Maberry keep up a cracking pace and horrify nicely
N.M. Martinez
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story collection. Each of the stories are unique and interesting. I think there was only one story where I could see the ending coming from the second page (unfortunately the first story). The others are all very different from one another. I found I read through this book in just a few days. It was easy to pick up and fall into.

The only downside is the way each of the stories are forcibly tied together. It was a unique idea to try to string a story around the different sho
Anthony Ferguson
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very much enjoyed this collection of dystopian tales. Bezant does well to enter himself into the narrative as an editorial devise to link the stories together with his interludes, that was a nice touch.

All of the stories are quality. Loved Michael Bailey's 'Hiatus'. It works well when a writer takes a familiar trope and gives it a little tweak - a hiatus, not the apocalypse. This works very well. Jason Nahrung does a great line in Aussie bogan characters. I've seen him do this before. I like the
Martin Livings
May 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
DISCLAIMER - I have a story in this collection. I shan't be mentioning it. :)

This was an excellent collection, definitely some fascinating ideas and stories in it. It didn't QUITE work as a single history of the apocalypse, as the plots of the stories and the mechanisms of the various apocalypses (apocalpsi?) were so varied and incompatible with one another, but that really doesn't matter when they're such bloody good stories!

It'd be hard to pick a favourite, there were no weak stories in this c
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
Loved how they all tied in with each other.

Katharine is a judge for the Aurealis Awards. This review is the personal opinion of Katharine herself, and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of any judging panel, the judging coordinator or the Aurealis Awards management team.

To be safe, I won't be recording my review here until after the AA are over.
Cindy Riley
Jul 19, 2012
Sara
Nov 07, 2014
Amanda J Spedding
Jun 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Greg Chapman
Oct 17, 2012
Kathryn Hore
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Darren
Oct 16, 2012
Mandy
rated it it was ok
Jul 21, 2014
Joseph D'Lacey
Jul 03, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Don Roff
Sep 20, 2012
Melinda
Oct 18, 2012
Michael
Dec 10, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Genelle Gleeson
Shelby Eaton
Jun 06, 2014
Dani Sigman
Aug 05, 2014
Craig Bezant hails from Perth, Western Australia. His short fiction has appeared in numerous magazines and online publications. He was the Associate Editor for HorrorScope and a judge for the 2009 and 2010 Australian Shadows Awards. He created and edited the award-nominated Eclecticism E-zine before co-founding independent publisher, Dark Prints Press. Since then he has edited and published the wo ...more

News & Interviews