Start by marking “Destiny Junction” as Want to Read:
Destiny Junction

Destiny Junction

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  78 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Destiny Junction is a small town, not unlike any other small town in America. However, it becomes a place where many people's lives meet destiny. Through one young lady's obedient Christian life and work before her murder, the lives of many people in the town of Destiny Junction are transformed.
Published January 1st 2005 by Destiny Image Incorporated (first published March 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Destiny Junction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destiny Junction

Melissa
Mar 26, 2008 rated it it was ok
I hardly know how to rate it, since in some ways it was a disappointment and in others it touched me. Let's just say for a Calvinist this is probably not a book you will call a favorite. It's all about different characters' lives and how they are changed by one girl's life and death and a sermon given by the girl's father. One thing I especially didn't like was the way that the Catholic faith is made out to be a true Christian church. (Many may disagree with me, but I believe they are a works-ba ...more
Debra Torgerson
An okay read.

The book was okay. I see the author's purpose for the book is salvation. Also showing how our lives can affect the lives of others even after we are gone. I also see Him showing the power of forgiveness, and how reaching out to the ones we consider outcasts can change their lives and ours. the book had a positive ending though probably not realistic. I dont agree with the authors doctrine. Jesus came to show us His Father not necessarily to model obedience. He came so that we could
Diane
May 05, 2013 rated it liked it
While the writing wasn't bad; it was too simplistic. I've read other Michael Phillips and enjoyed it much more than this. What his characters were saying wasn't wrong, it was just too pat. He writes how the unpopular kids who are bullied by the popular are suddenly accepted, etc. I'm sorry, after watching my own kids be rejected by kids at our church, I know that just doesn't happen. I would say it was the exception. He addressed a lot of different questions and his answers were good, but.... It ...more
Cheryl Ellis
Aug 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you are looking for fast-paced, action packed, this book may not be for you. If you are looking for inspiring, uplifting, and spiritual, this is definitely for you.
Destiny Junction is like any town in America, with lots of great characters whose lives intersect because of one girl! She was bold in her faith. Because of her boldness, lives were changed, relationships were restored, families brought back together, and questions were answered about faith.
This book does have a lot of characters
Connie
May 01, 2012 rated it liked it
The life witness of one young woman, her tragic death, the the funeral sermon given by her father transformed one individual after another in the town of Destiny Junction. The story is overtly evangelistic with results that are unrealistic. But I ask myself why unrealistic? If everyone who names the name of Jesus would deeply care and love even the "unlovable" in the name of Jesus, could there not be a change in destiny for the people of our neighborhoods and communities?
Laurie
Jul 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is one of those Christian lit books which I have never read before. I enjoyed this book and the message it sent about accepting Christ into your life and choosing to follow him. The effect of one Christian girl's life message and her early death affects different characters in different ways and that is, briefly, the story of this book. It has a strong Christian leaning and I believe this story is the author's way of evangelizing.
Nancy Heaps
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book

I usually choose non-fiction books to read yet I'm glad I was able to read this one. The author showed me what I think is just a little thing really is great to the Lord Jesus. For that I'm thankful
Partridge Public
Nov 09, 2007 added it
Recommends it for: Phillips INSP
Shelves: inspirational
Phillips, Michael PB
Rick
Aug 01, 2008 rated it it was ok
Haven't read much by Phillips, but this one wouldn't make me want to. Was expecting more...
Alice Myers
Oct 30, 2012
Tootsie
Mar 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Librarian Note: there is more than one author with this name in the Goodreads database.

Michael Phillips has been writing in the Christian marketplace for 30 years. All told, he has written, co-written, and edited some 110 books. Phillips and his wife live in the U.S., and make their second home in Scotland.
More about Michael R. Phillips...