Start by marking “My Secret: A PostSecret Book” as Want to Read:
My Secret: A PostSecret Book

My Secret: A PostSecret Book

(PostSecret)

The sensational PostSecret project returns with a never-before-seen collection of postacards created by teens and college students from around the world. Compiled by Frank Warren, postsecret.com founder and author of the national bestseller Postsecret, the handmade cards bear compelling and personal messages that have remained secret--until now. Raw and revealing, My Secre ...more
Published October 24th 2006 by William Morrow

To ask other readers questions about My Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Secret

Nenia ⭐ Literary Garbage Can ⭐ Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

The concept behind PostSecret is pretty cool. Mail in an anonymous, decorated postcard with your secret. Wait and see if it ends up on the website and rejoice in the fact that you have lessened your own burden, just a little bit.

I bought this book several years ago from a used bookstore for $1. I guess this particular version is intended for teenagers...maybe it's the way the postcards inside are written, maybe it's the bubble stickers in t
Kelli
Nov 23, 2015 rated it it was ok
I didn't realize this was a teen & college-aged version and had I known that I would have opted for a different version. I had actually not heard of this project but saw the book and thought it might be fun to peruse. The idea of sending a secret off into the abyss...sounds cooler than it is. Not for me!
Jim
May 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: psychology, art
I got a kick out of the first PostSecret book I read. At that time it was a fresh concept to me and I was taken with the novelty of the idea. This is the second PostSecret book for me and I found it to be repetitious. Let's face it: there are just so many ways in which you can be sorry or happy or sad. You can only go through so many declarations of unrequited love, failure to disclose your STD, confessions of orgasm during exercise (I would never leave the gym) or self-hatred because you liked ...more
Alexandra
Jan 24, 2017 rated it liked it
these are all teen and young adult secrets so they're super angsty and mostly depressing. some definitely did resonate with me though. and what i thought was really cool was that there were a few secrets pasted in here from other library patrons and one of them was really sweet ♥

Danika Ellis
Jun 02, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: my-nonfiction
Being a teenager, I suppose this collection was aimed at me, but I found the whole style juvenile and distracting. The stickers, the cover, it just doesn't do it for me. I liked the first one better. Still good postcards, though, of course.
HeavyReader
Dec 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: art, life-stories
I looked at a Post Secret book a couple of years ago in a Barnes and Noble in Phoenix, but this is the first complete Post Secret book that I've read.

I am really impressed by the creative postcards people created to send to a stranger. I am touched by the brutal, raw honesty that people are capable of when they are allowed to remain anonymous.

This book is really excellent and recommended.
Jesica Steimer
Oct 21, 2007 rated it did not like it
the ones that were too lame to make it into the first book.
Megan
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Like the other PostSecret books I’ve read, My Secret was just as good. I particularly liked that this book was centered around people in their teens and twenties because I was able to really relate to a lot of things written here (as I am 22).
Rhonda
Nov 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
My Secret by Frank Warren isn't a typical book. Instead it falls more into the category of art or coffee table book and generally isn't something that one reads from cover to cover. I have picked up this book many different times when in various bookstores and have flipped through it bit by bit. Until finally I decided to just buy it and flip through it at my leisure. Instead when I got home I started opened it to the first page and I didn't stop turning until I hit the back cover.

Inside this b
Loveliest Evaris
My school library just got all these new books and I was like...well you know that feeling...one of extreme glee!

description

I saw Ellen Hopkins's Crank series and that disappointed me because I already read them. I hate looking at new books only to find that I've read them. And no, I will not re-read them. I need something fresh and new!

So I saw this book standing on a shelf and decided to look at it. I devoured it within 20 minutes.

Fascinating, truly fascinating. There are some "meaningless" secrets, thin
Sabrina Grafenberger
Reese Butler's foreword is really touching and the best part about this book. The rest is a bit too short for my taste and I don't like the editing very much. Some postcards are too big and therefore blurry and I think the editors use too many full pages with just one postcard, but I do love the post secret concept.

Many people say the first PostSecret book is a lot better than the second one. I haven't read the first one, which means I can't compare these two, but this teens and college students
Kristen
Jun 19, 2007 rated it really liked it
Frank Warren of the PostSecret project has released another book of confessions. Warren encourages anyone to submit to him a postcard- on it, include a secret you haven't told anyone. After receiving thousands of beautifully-illustrated PostSecrets and becoming one of the most highly-trafficked websites around, Warren started publishing them as books on high-quality glossy paper, which really does them justice. Secrets range from hairy bellies to childhood molestation, and from the uplifting to ...more
Belinda Missen
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There aren't enough words to describe how gorgeous this book is.

The premise is completely simple: write a secret on a postcard and send it to Frank, and the results are amazing.

I think the beauty in these books lies in the idea that we can see that we are all so alike. I found myself at moments being able to laugh at the fact I identified with the secrets, and completely heartbroken at the same time, too, because... hell, someone feels like I do.

If you ever feel like you're alone, don't. Pick
Samara
May 25, 2015 rated it liked it
An interesting project and really makes you think about what your secrets are.
Tiff
Mar 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
I am so excited about this...I chose this for a YA booktalk for grad school...so next weekend I will be presenting a powerpoint with images from the book to my 'teens!'

Brixton
Jul 09, 2010 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Voyeurs who get off on others' emotional traumas
Icky.
Virginia Pulver
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I picked up this book at a library book sale. The elderly man next to me smiled when he saw me flipping through the pages. "I donated that book," he said with a smile. And yes, a story unfolded. I was already familiar with the PostSecret concept, but it was delightful to hear this man happily share his experiences with the big stories that unfold in the few short words on each card. It was a lovely moment of sharing and laughter. Of course, we all have some kind of secret. It is often quite heal ...more
Phinegan Zephyr
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not really a book you read but rather a collection of post cards with "secrets" written on them that are sent in by people - usually teens and young adults - from all over the world.

A nice collection of revealing information that people have been harboring. Some are inspiring, others are shocking, some quite interesting - like the person who wrote that they send e.e. cummings poems to people anonymously.

The book has a cause and that is suicide prevention so i guess a portion of the sales proceed
Pug
Dec 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another fascinating Post Secret book! I love seeing the secrets, and admiring the unusual and artistic postcards that people send in. I often wish I knew the backstory to these secrets; some of them are much worse than others! I combed through this book and tried to find the best one, the one I related to the most, the one I would have written myself... I didn't find one! (I have no idea what I would put on my postcard!?). Instead, I preferred the funny ones: "I recorded my cat meowing on a mini ...more
Jayden
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the very first post secret book I read and I was intrigued. While I don't think this is my favorite one it's the one that first caught my attention. I love the whole concept, the anonymous factor with these secrets. It's a way to express your feelings and emotions without the open judgement. It can help take the weight off your shoulders. Some are depressing, some funny, and also some relatable. It's nice to not feel alone in something.
Shannon Fay
I will always keep reading these books, but unfortunately, people aren't that interesting, because at some point, if you read enough of them, the secrets sort of start to blend together. But regardless, I still love these books, and I definitely did like that this one was tailored towards young people.
Morgan
Sep 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Tom Franklin
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first of Warren's collection of books, this one suffering from too many fill-page cards and two-page comments.

The postcards are still heartbreakingly honest, and that alone makes this collection worth reading.
Kara Sabbagh
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book DEFINITELY reads younger, the Secrets were very cliche, not that that wouldn’t be relatable for a younger reader. Love the stickers at the front. Don’t love the HUGE format for single postcards, but liked it when there were multiple on some pages.
Sarah Newton
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. No other words.
Oliver Zirbel
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series and the idea of these books.
Rachel
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Fun
Trish
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, 2018
This was an interesting read.
Rainie Semmens
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
it was interesting, some were funny, some were shocking & very very easy to read & past time by, the concept is also fantastic
Caroline
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
These books are so awesome. There's something so liberating about reading people's secrets and realizing that everyone has something they want to hide. Must read for anyone of any age.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Madison Mega-Mara...: #35 My Secret: A PostSecret Book 1 1 Jul 12, 2016 09:04AM

• Found II: More of the Best Lost, Tossed, and Forgotten Items from Around the World
  • Friends to the End: The True Value of Friendship
  • Other People's Love Letters: 150 Letters You Were Never Meant to See
  • The Book of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks: A Celebration of Creative Punctuation
  • Passive Aggressive Notes: Painfully Polite and Hilariously Hostile Writings
  • Cake Wrecks: When Professional Cakes Go Hilariously Wrong
  • Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure
  • Awkward Family Pet Photos
  • Fresh Fruits
  • The Darwin Awards II: Unnatural Selection (Darwin Awards, #2)
  • Milk Eggs Vodka: Grocery Lists Lost and Found
  • The Guerilla Art Kit
  • Stoned, Naked, and Looking in My Neighbor's Window: The Best Confessions from Grouphug.Us
  • Texts From Last Night: All the Texts That No One Remembers Sending
  • Regretsy: Where DIY Meets WTF
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Sundays with Vlad: From Pennsylvania to Transylvania, One Man's Quest to Live in the World of the Undead
  • Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt

PostSecret (6 books)
  • PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives (PostSecret)
  • The Secret Lives of Men and Women: A PostSecret Book
  • A Lifetime of Secrets: A PostSecret Book
  • The World of PostSecret
  • PostSecret: Confessions on Life, Death, and God
“Surprise!
Adolescence is not an exciting adventure. It's actually very boring and lonelier than you could ever imagine.”
23 likes