Start by marking “Path of Blood (Path, #3)” as Want to Read:
Path of Blood (Path, #3)

Path of Blood (Path #3)

3.68  ·  Rating details ·  904 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Path of Blood (Path of Fate)
Mass Market Paperback, 464 pages
Published May 2nd 2006 by Roc (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Path of Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Path of Blood

Roxanne
Dec 18, 2008 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Roxanne by: Mike Carcel
Holly
Sep 11, 2009 rated it it was ok
OK, not what I was expecting. Although that's not always a bad thing, as sometimes I get wonderful surprises from authors who outthink me (I LOVE that!!). However, this wasn't one of those times. Too bad, too, because I REALLY wanted to love this book! I was enthralled by the main character, Reisel, in the first book and wanted to follow her through her adventure.

Waaaay too much time spent in an alternate world, and too much detail about it given--and then just dropped. I expected a couple main
Chrissy Wissler
Oct 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the trilogy, tying together the main plot points in the first two books. Francis did this well and gives readers a relatively satisfying conclusion. Reisil has more journeying to do in this book, more tests as she tries to find the answer to sealing the rift between two worlds.

Out of all three books, I truly enjoying "Path of Fate" the most simply because the scope of the story was much smaller and more focused on Reisil's struggles and conflicts. There was still a lar
Bagtree
Aug 18, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Better than Path of Honor, with some genuinely awesome moments - but I still don't think it stands up to the more tightly-focused Path of Fate. Going from a highly character-based story to WHOA EPIC BATTLES WITH WORLDS IN THE BALANCE over the course of the trilogy was a bit jarring - but the characters, and smaller character-based moments, are still absolutely great.
Yuhan
Michelle Johnson
May 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
QUICK PITCH: Third in the Path trilogy, sequel to Path of Honor.

VERDICT: I think the single thing that frustrated me most in this book was that I couldn't keep track of what time it was for each set of characters—the time jumps were in the units of weeks and didn't happen at the same rate for different storylines.

Many other things annoyed me about this book—the treatment of sex and sexual assault, the informed romantic love between a number of characters, the sheer number of characters whose P
Limecello
Aug 12, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Sandy
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a decent finish to the series, and I enjoyed it, even though the ending was really "wrapping up all the loose ends in a rush" I never did get all the names straight.
Suzy
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
I struggled with this book. it was OK. The first book in the series was the best. The conclusion was satisfying.
Lise
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Religion, faith, beliefs seem to control so much of the world’s humans. We allow ourselves to be steered by goddesses and gods who promise all kinds of things in return for our unfailing loyalty. Political systems seem to have the same kind of hold on people. I see how soldiers willingly put their lives on the line in travelling to far-away countries on the say-so of their leaders. In both instances motivations seem to differ from anything from undying loyalty to simple greed (although greed mig ...more
Michelle
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
The third book in this series concludes Reisils journey to save Kodu Riik from the mayhem that the Patversme Wizards created during the war. Believing the rinda, the Wizards Runes, to be the key to success. Reisil must study their meanings and use on her own. However she must also work out the meanings of the strangely shaped rinda on the nokulas. Meanwhile, Aare is building an army to attack the renegades living in the newly formed Honor. Pitting father against son, brother against sister and s ...more
Shari  Mulluane
Mar 17, 2009 rated it liked it
While not a great book, it is still a good read and a good first effort from Diana Francis. If you have a soft spot for animal companions, reluctant heroines, bad folks who get what they deserve and powerful magic you will likely enjoy this series. I see great potential here and I think that Diana Francis will only improve and grow, just as Reisel did in this series.

Full Review here:
Dragons, Heroes and Wizards
Elb4966
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Grudgingly, I give it a four. It is a well written book that will keep your interest. The story continues from the previous novel, pulling you into the plot early on. You empathize with the characters, hoping for their victory. This continues throughout the story until a very anticlimactic ending. The ending is abrupt with story endings being told to the reader in the last chapter. This was done fairly well, but it was a major let down after reading the books earlier chapters.
Ubiquitousbastard
If I could shoot a book, it would be this book. I think I've actively tried to burn it. The first books of the series were mediocre, this one just managed to piss me off in all the ways that a book can. Like the Leo DiCaprio of suck.
Lynne
Mar 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
A solid ending to an entertaining trilogy.
Bethany C
I liked the new characters and elements Francis brought to this one. A pretty satisfying end to a great trilogy. I only wish there were more stories set in this world.
Craig
Aug 04, 2011 rated it liked it
Decent fantasy series, but not spectacular. The ending was appropriate for the story.
Craig
Jan 02, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Fast moving, action-packed conclusion to the Path of Fate/Path of Honor books.

Re-read, 7/14
Stephannie
Aug 03, 2011 rated it liked it
It was ok. Didn't think a third book was necessary. The story could have been finished in a longer version of the second book.
Rei Tan
Jul 20, 2013
Nicole
Jan 21, 2015
Kristie Johansen
Aug 26, 2012
Emily
rated it did not like it
Dec 01, 2012
Megan Sewell
Apr 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
What a great ending to a series, loved it!
Gina
May 13, 2007
Charlotte
Mar 13, 2013
  • Song of Unmaking
  • Candle in the Storm (Shadowed Path, #2)
  • Hawkspar (Korre, #2)
  • Blood Legacy: The Story of Ryan
  • Wolf's Blood (Firekeeper Saga, #6)
  • Airs Beneath the Moon (Horsemistress Saga, #1)
  • The Destroyer Goddess (Chronicles of Sirkara, #3)
  • The Fathomless Caves (The Witches of Eileanan, #6)
  • The Hidden Queen (Anghara Kir Hama, #1)
  • Ilario: The Lion's Eye
  • Once Upon an Autumn Eve (Faery, #3)
  • Shattered Chains (Magic: The Gathering: Greensleeves, #2)
  • Hidden Truth (Truth, #2)
  • The Ring (The Sword, the Ring, and the Chalice, #2)
  • The Final Sacrifice (The Chronicles of Josan, #3)
  • Blackveil (Green Rider, #4)
I was raised on a cattle ranch in Northern California (outside a town called Lincoln which is now part of an enormous sprawl). I taught myself to ride a horse at the age of six, as no one had the time to teach me—they were all busy learning how to irrigate, how to cajole an angry bull into another field, how to pull a calf… Afraid of heights, and absolutely sure I was going to die, I managed to sc ...more
More about Diana Pharaoh Francis...

Path (3 books)
  • Path of Fate (Path, #1)
  • Path of Honor (Path, #2)

“Pain and guilt tore through him. His soul was bleeding to death. He stood there, waiting to die. How could he not? But such wounds were not fatal.” 3 likes