Start by marking “Vanna Speaks” as Want to Read:
Vanna Speaks

Vanna Speaks

2.94  ·  Rating details ·  77 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
One of America's best-known and best-loved TV celebrities tells her inspiring story, and includes advice on how to be beautiful in mind, spirit, and body. Black-and-white photographs.
Hardcover
Published May 1st 1987 by Warner Books (NY)

To ask other readers questions about Vanna Speaks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vanna Speaks

Kate Elizabeth
I first read this book ~10 years ago after Dorothy Zbornak (aka Bea Arthur) mentioned it on an episode of the "Golden Girls." She recommended it to her Italian cousin, saying, "It's a hell of a book." I was intrigued - it sounded juicy, but more importantly, one does not just discard the opinion of one Dorothy Zbornak - so I ordered a used copy from Amazon, read it, and donated it to Goodwill years later not remembering much about it. I'm not sure why I decided to read it again - I think maybe m ...more
Cher
Aug 09, 2008 rated it did not like it
Shelves: biography
She didn't have much to say. She's a perfect size 5, so costuming is a breeze for her. If you want really nice teeth, she suggests you let the showerhead blast away at them for 5 minutes every morning. She had a happy childhood, loved being a cheerleader in high school, and is ever so happy with her manfriend. I think she may have shed a tear over losing a grandparent or a favorite aunt. She even includes a few knitting patterns to pad the covers.
Jesse Patrick
Jul 05, 2007 rated it it was ok
I have no idea why I read this book.
Bradley Milton
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating. Everyone has to tune in at seven. But it's more than turning the letters. I believe that Vanna is a good prototype for the future. In 1987 it was the best technology available, but soon it will be more than just speaking -- robots will move, walk, be no different from you and I. Best to get ready.
Raven
Dec 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
Good god.
Alan Hoffman
Listened to a book on tape of this. Actually interesting. She has sense of humor about herself and the two-dimensional nature of her job. Started to break down on the recording when recalling the death of her first husband - which is moving to hear from a person who always seems so composed.
Sacha
Jul 24, 2012 rated it liked it
I think this book would of been better if she had someone help her write it.
She seems like a nice lady. I wonder sometimes if she held back because of her reputation.
I would like to see an updated version of this with no holding back.
Carrie
Jul 09, 2015 rated it liked it
I thought the funniest part was reading her tips and daily routine. I was worried that the whole book would have the same tone, but it didn't which was nice. It was interesting to see how her life played out.
Adam Spradlin
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was ok
I needed this to be campier. There were a few choice sentences/passages, but a lot of it was more boring than hilarious. Too bad. I've been hearing for years (years!) that this was supposed to be a hell of a book.
Rebecca
Mar 15, 2009 rated it liked it
It's really just what you'd imagine a Vanna White memoir to be. Although Vanna did have a lot of tragedy in her life that I wasn't aware of. This books was written in the 80's and I'd be interested to see an updated memoir.
Dale Stonehouse
Sep 24, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a white-bread, mostly vanilla pseudo-memoir by the beautiful letter-person on Wheel of Fortune. I read it so long ago that I have little memory of specifics, so this is only a general impression. It is certainly better than her TV movie around the same time.
Michael Rand
Jul 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Entertaining book to read
Suzanne
Jul 10, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: memoir
I'm thinking about starting a bookshelf called "Books I hate to admit I read much less liked" and this one would have to go on it. What can I say?
Victoria Booth
Dec 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I gave it so many stars based purely on it is comic relief w/out intending to be plus a great coffee table quirk!
Sara
Feb 01, 2011 rated it liked it
This book was interesting and a quick read but not particularly well written. Worth reading if you're looking for fluff and enjoy celeb memoirs.
Brett Bydairk
Dec 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: autobiography
Another lightweight Hollywood autobiography.
John Yelverton
Mar 10, 2014 rated it liked it
An interesting story about model/television personality, Vanna White. It's interesting and nice to see that she can and does do more then just turn letters.
Sara
Jun 25, 2014 rated it it was ok
One of the more lame autobiographies I've read. But it's her story. Hers didn't have the twists & turns as many celebrities do.
Kristal Cooper
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Weird narrated interview format, but effective for getting to know someone we all only have a superficial idea about. She seems like a genuinely good ole girl who has done well for herself.
Kevin Eggleston
Oct 09, 2014
John
Sep 21, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Vanna White is an American television personality, best known as puzzle-board presenter and co-host on the long-running game show Wheel of Fortune.
More about Vanna White...