Start by marking “My Pleasure (The Rose Hunters Trilogy #2)” as Want to Read:
My Pleasure (The Rose Hunters Trilogy #2)

My Pleasure (The Rose Hunters Trilogy #2)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  536 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Connie Brockway "draws readers into the breathtaking love story of a dashing Scotsman who is duty bound to protect the one woman who incites in him a wild passion. How exactly can he save her from himself?"

By day, celebrated beauty Helena Nash works as a proper companion to one of London's most disagreeable ladies. By night she acts as an illicit messenger between two sepa
Published September 28th 2004 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about My Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Pleasure

Jun 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This series is fantastic. Strong characters and great writing. Ramsey is such a charmer. He is distinct, dark, sexy, dangerous. I loved Helena and her chemistry with Ramsey. I enjoyed both the hero and heroine very much.

I enjoyed the story very much. Sadly, there weren't a lot of juicy scenes in this book, but I found myself sucked into the plot anyway (or maybe because of it). There was a lot of hot sexual tension between the hero and heroine, however.

Rakes/bad boys are so fun to read! And to h
Oct 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Helena Nash is layered, like pie. Beyond her criminally pretty face is a woman who is sassy and stuff. Ramsey Munro is straightforward, like a sword. He is comprised of playboy good looks, a shadowy past, and boat-loads of honor. He runs into her in disguise while she's on a mission for her employer's daughter and they strike up a flirtation. Meanwhile, she approaches him as her real self in order to learn fencing and LOVE IS THE AIR, ALONG WITH RIDGES OF AROUSAL and silly MISUNDERSTANDINGS. Obv ...more
Jan 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: bastard
This book was an okay read. I enjoyed the first half of the book the most, but it wasn't able to hold me all the way through. This is another book that has great reviews. I think what captures readers more than anything else is the interesting storyline of a sexy sword fighter trying to slay dragons for the heroine. I think it just needed a little more uniqueness when it came to the romance between the hero and heroine.... He's protects her from a far and fell in love??? She's in love with him b ...more
Mar 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: historical
Ho-hum. After starting this one, I realized I should have just skipped to the 3rd one in the series to find out who betrayed the 4 men in France, but I was already 1/2 through it so I stuck it out. Not as good as the first one, but not terrible either. There was a little "twist" at the end as far as who the villain had disguised himself as, although there was an inkling earlier in the book.
Ramsey Munro, wagemutiger Spion der englischen Krone, hat geschworen, Helena Nash vor allen Gefahren mit Leib und Leben zu schützen. Nicht ganz uneigennützig, denn er hat sich leidenschaftlich in die schöne junge Frau verliebt. Obwohl Helena seine Gefühle zu erwidern scheint, entzieht sie sich ihm immer wieder.
Teibt sie bloß ein Spiel mit ihm? Da überrascht er Helena eines Nachts auf dem berüchtigten Lovers Walk - in Männerkleidung!
Und nur sein Kuss kann sie aus einer äußerst peinlic
Judy Martinez
Aug 14, 2016 rated it it was ok

I was so frustrated with this?

I thought the who problem could've been avoided if she had gotten the money that her sister had put aside for her, bought a house, and brought Fiona with her. How was this not an option? Is it just recent heroine's who know that running away is an option?

Also, this who pride bullshit? Like really? So you won't have a decent conversation because you're pride is in the way?

And I get being honor-bound with keeping secrets, but you're life is in danger. Don't y
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT, very well written :)
This book teetered between 2.5 and 3 stars for me for a good part of the story. The author is an excellent writer, but I just don't like a plot where the heroine keeps a secret from the hero for most of the book, even if her reasons are well justified (as they were here). However, the ending (the last part before the epilogue) was so wonderful, that it made this book a very solid three stars for me.

Further, the author began an interesting mystery in book one (My Seduction), and added more infor
I read this to fulfill the "Classic Romance" item in my PopSugar reading challenge for 2015. I figured that "classic romance" didn't mean a romance in the medieval sense, but a modern, stereotypical one. I kind of selected it at random, though the Scottish element was something that was appealing. This was well-written, there was a twist, the hero was strong, and the heroine was stronger than she seemed at first. However, many of the problems could have been solved if people had just told the tr ...more
Lynne Tull
Dec 07, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: regency-romance
This book of the series has the most contradictory story line. It will leave you wondering about the hero, the heroine, their motives, their actions. None of it made any sense as to why the H/H made the choices they made. Not one to spoil it for you...just saying I didn't buy into any of the above. Maybe you can figure out why they did what they did when they did it? Actually, it read more like a textbook-"All You Need to Know About Fencing and were afraid to ask". I really never wanted to ask. ...more
Dec 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: connie-brockway
round up to 3 1/2
I liked this book. but something fell flat.
I LOVE Connie Brockway. I think her voice is beautiful.
So, maybe my expectations were too high?
I really liked the H/h. They're both my favorite types of characters but they weren't fleshed out as well as I like.
Mostly, the plot is where I had my issues. I just couldn't buy into the story-line behind Helena.

This is the second of The Rose Hunters series.
I enjoyed the first of this series and will definitely read the last.
Mar 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I found that I liked this one even more than the first and that could have been because of the characters, the plot or whatever. No matter the reason any book that has me wanting to read it late into the night when I know I have to get up and work the following day is a good one. (I actually did go to bed instead of finishing but I read before work to stay in the story!) There was some heat but it was subtle and that is how I like it depicted. Can Book 3 of the trilogy live up to this? We shall ...more
Apr 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Well... I figured out who the bad guy was,practically right off, because the red herring was pretty in your face. This fact didn't detract from the book, however, because the story was pretty good otherwise. I read this before the first book, and nothing was confusing or anything, so it can be read as a stand-alone, I think.
Impoverished Helena Nash is a very self contained acclaimed beauty. After her father died in exchange for three young men in France, Helena is unknowingly being watched over by Ramsey Munro, one of the three. Ramsey and Helena finally work through their issues, but the unknown traitor escapes again for the 3rd book. Mostly clean, good 2nd story in the trilogy.
Abrown Brown
Mar 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
Book 2 of the Rose Hunters Trilogy--the myster continues. . .

This is Ramsey & Helena's story. I didn't feel the emotion between the two characters like I did in Book 1 (My Seduction) with Kit & Kate but it was very enjoyable and I am looking forward to starting the last book of the series (My Surrender).
Nov 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite-heroes
Love her characters in the entire series. I particularly like this hero and heroine, perhaps because he's a fencer and beautiful but they find their good looks more of an encumbrance than a boon. all the heroes are wonderfully restrained but she writes them so that you feel their turmoil without gushing, etc.
Claire Hadleigh
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Who doesn't love a swashbuckling swordsman? I eeked this story out as long as I could because I truly enjoyed the two main characters, but also the storyline was intriguing. And Brockway's descriptions of the sword fights were excellent! Look forward to another read of Brockway!
May 31, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009-read
I thought this book was a lot of fun, and I really like Brockway's engaging voice. It was lovely to see a break from noble heroines and heroes, and I look forward to reading the sisters' books. I probably would have enjoyed this a bit more had I read the first book in the series first.
Mar 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
The plotline was easy to follow despite the fact that I skimmed/skipped sections. I was working a ton of overtime when I picked this up to read and wanted something I didn't have to think too hard about. This fit the bill.
Nov 12, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It was a decent historical romance, but it didn't feel as standalone as I wanted it to be (having picked it up at a bargain price and not reading book 1 first). Granted, it stood well enough without book one, but I think the story might have been more poignant had I read the first one.

3/5 stars
Well written. Only one scene with explicit detail which I appreciated. The story line was very well written and there were clues as to who the bad person was, but they were still hidden. The hints were twisted and turned until you didn't know who was the antagonist. I really enjoyed that.
Aug 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I really like Brockway's building of the intense-angsty dynamic.
Jun 19, 2009 rated it liked it
it should be three and half. I enjoyed it so far.
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. Even liked it more than the first book.
Kris Rafferty
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love Ramsey.
Mar 10, 2016 rated it liked it
An enjoyable afternoon read.
Kathleen Crowell
May 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
dragging storyline from one book to the next--could tell from book one how the characters would end up and with whom...
Jenny Rebecca
Dec 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It was the first of Connie Brockway's and I instantly fell in love with the characters.
Jun 23, 2014 marked it as dnf
Shelves: historicals
I DNF'd this at page 60. The heroine and hero had some great chemistry early on but then 30 pages went by without them interacting and I was bored stiff.
Más libros para Latinoamérica!! 1 1 Mar 01, 2017 08:03PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #69 My Pleasure by Connie Brockway 1 1 Apr 30, 2015 08:42AM
What's The Name o...: please help me remember name of book book [s] 5 47 Jan 23, 2013 09:33AM
  • A Woman of Virtue (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #3)
  • Untie My Heart
  • If His Kiss Is Wicked (Grantham, #3)
  • Written on Your Skin
  • The Scottish Companion
  • Silk and Secrets (Silk Trilogy, #2)
  • A Rose at Midnight
  • The Temporary Wife
  • The Dream Hunter
  • Winter Garden (Winter Garden #2)
  • The Black Hawk (Spymasters, #4)
  • Stolen Kisses
  • The Impostor (Liar's Club, #2)
  • Not Quite a Lady (Carsington Brothers, #4)
  • That Scandalous Evening (Governess Brides #1)
  • The Lady and the Knight (Highland Brides, #4)
New York Times and USAToday best selling author Connie Brockway has twice won the Romance Writers of America's Rita award for best historical romance as well as being an eight time finalist. After receiving a double major in art history and English from Macalester College, Connie entered grad school with an eye to acquiring her MFA in creative writing. Soon enough she jettisoned the idea of writin ...more
More about Connie Brockway...

The Rose Hunters Trilogy (3 books)
  • My Seduction (The Rose Hunters Trilogy #1)
  • My Surrender (The Rose Hunters Trilogy #3)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Judgment (Cassidy & Spenser, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Breathless
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Happened One Midnight (Pennyroyal Green, #8)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fraternize (Players Game, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Buried (Bone Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • One More Night (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
“An intelligent lady, a little too mature for recklessness, a little too young for caution.” 16 likes