Start by marking “The Marriage Proposition” as Want to Read:
The Marriage Proposition

The Marriage Proposition

3.18  ·  Rating details ·  91 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews

A business proposal of marriage!

Paige decided to act as if their wedding was just a business proposition. But it was hard sharing Nick's bed. She decided he couldn'

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #2296; Wedlocked!, 185 pages
Published January 2003 by Harlequin Books (first published April 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Marriage Proposition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Marriage Proposition

StMargarets
This story never really came together. It's a forced marriage story - heroine agrees to marry businessman hero to save the family business. Her brother has a spendthrift wife and is siphoning money as well.

Sara Craven could write this plot in her sleep and I think she might have. There are many abrupt flashbacks and times the heroine just checks out from the present moment - it got weird after awhile.

It was obvious the hero was interested in the heroine from the beginning, but he did everything
KC 2.0
What did I think?

Hero
Lost his balls somewhere in HPlandia and, with them, his ability to think logically.

Heroine
Owner of a traitorous body and martyr complex.

Romance
Milder than baby shampoo.

My frustration level, and subsequent rant
High, and very rant-y.

(view spoiler)
Victoria
Oct 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The thought that kept running through my head as I read this book was that Nick Destry was freaking hot. Like, jaw-dropping hot, drop-dead gorgeous kind of hot! :P He was an amazing hero for the book and I certainly loved reading about him.

Ok so this book was really a very nice book. I enjoyed reading it and I felt that the author carried off the emotions of the 2 characters perfectly. Even though there was none of Nick's POV, I could just see from everything he said and did exactly how much he
Tia
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Not my cup of tea. The heroine married the hero to save a business. It was a marriage of convenience and then they basically avoided each other. Then BANG *HURRICANE* and all of a sudden they are all close again. Weirdness.
Mudpie
Jun 25, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5*! Surprisingly I like this story very much! The story unfolded by way of flashbacks which was effectively done without making me confused or anxious/impatient.

The story started when Paige was in the Caribbeans on a well-deserved holiday, her first in 2 years (her last was her ill-fated honeymoon but more heartbreaking than relaxing!)

Her friend's husband owns the luxurious hotel so she was able to stay cheaply. We were told after only 7 weeks of marriage Paige and Nick had been separated sinc
Elisa Vangelisti
أجمل زهرة
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
رواية مترجمة للغة العربية
295 ـ وحدهما في الظلام :
سارة كريفن
كان يجب أن تقول لا في لحظتها . كل غريزة فيها كانت تصرخ بها ترفض التضحية بنفسها على طريقة القرون الوسطى مع هذا قبلت أن تبيع نفسها وتتزوج من نك ديستراي من أجل المال وكان عليها أن تقضي حياتها بعد ذلك هاربة من قرارها .. ومن زوجها ! إلى أن التقيا ولم يعد لديها مجال للهرب ! قالت له : زواجنا لم يكن له وجود ..لقد انتهى !ولا شيء تقوله أو تفعله سيشكل أي فارق
ـ أنت مخطئة في هذا يا زوجتي ..لأنني لم أنته منك بعد في الواقع أنا لم أبدأ بعدكان هذا سببا آ
RomLibrary
starts with her in Caribbean with married couple and dating owner of a hotel. She goes to party at Hotel and Hero is there with a group of friends from yacht Walk on beach and the necklace. Very good book Hero very much in love with her and it shows. One of most sexy heroes ever When Paige looked at Nick Destry she could hardly believe she was married to him! A successful banker, Nick was confidently sexybut ruthless. He'd wanted a seat on the board, and he'd married Paige to get one.

Paige decid
Joy
Apr 12, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Woman marries man to save the family business, and then avoids him. When fate and a hurricane throw them together on a tropical island, they start to develop a relationship. Surprisingly un-bad for this sort of thing.
Mimi
May 24, 2014
Jenna
Sep 27, 2014
Diane
rated it did not like it
Jan 09, 2012
Isabella
Oct 12, 2011
Anna
Nov 28, 2015
Deanne
Nov 06, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Anne Bushell was born on October 1938 in South Devon, England, just before World War II and grew up in a house crammed with books. She was always a voracious reader, some of her all-time favorites books are: "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen, "Middlemarch" by George Eliot, "Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Brontë, "Gone With the Wind" by Margaret Mitchell and "The Code of the Woosters" by P. G. Wodehous ...more
More about Sara Craven