Start by marking “A Little Pot of Oil” as Want to Read:
A Little Pot of Oil

A Little Pot of Oil

A time comes when we just don't have anything left over to give. We run out of faith, energy, strength, patience, options, peace, joy, ideas, and even love. So when God's call comes knocking and our resources seem thin, we tend to hole up and hide from the needs of others. But that's exactly when God's greatest blessing is within a single step, according to Jill Briscoe. H ...more
Published October 3rd 2003 by Multnomah Books

To ask other readers questions about A Little Pot of Oil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Little Pot of Oil

Start your review of A Little Pot of Oil
Donna
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A compact little book, " A Little Pot of Oil" puts ministry in its rightful perspective. Rather than waiting until one feels spiritually ful, and ready to minister to others, We must be ready to answer God's call at the moment we are needed, using what is left of our reserves, and trusting that God will fillis to meet the task. Also, it is important to trust Him to make us adequate for the call, and not fret about our inadequacies.
Anniebraz
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In a pit, I ordered this book and read it within a couple of hours. When I thought I had nothing left to give...this book inspired me to keep going and give what little I had. In this case, it was the gift of socializing and networking. Struggling with a chronic illness...this has been a challenge these last few years. Something that was my favorite thing to do has now become uncomfortable. On this day, I went and thrived in the social situation when I didn't know if I'd be able to. It was answe ...more
Megan
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this little book! At first I was disappointed when it arrived by it's size. But it is so packed full of inspiration and encouragement! Jill challenges her reader to live fully for Jesus, and to pour out ourselves for others... and be confident that God will never let our little pot run dry.
Rebecca
May 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very short book, but it contains a lot of helpful reminders. I love it when an author uses their own life story to help illustrate solid Biblical truth.
Erin Hecker
Mar 02, 2017 rated it liked it
This little book is short and simple, with a message of hope and encouragement. It includes many stories that Briscoe shares in her sermons, minus the charming British accent.
Al
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-life
Brilliant. Simple. Encouraging and thought provoking. This book should be essential reading for all in the ministry as it addresses the issue of personal need balanced with the joy and responsibility of being poured out for others.
Tracy
May 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: regarding-faith
This was a soothing confirmation for my current state of life, and an encouragement to keep going - but I don't have to do so on my own. I only have to be willing to take a deep breath and another step.
Debbie Day
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
I always love the way Jill Briscoe exposes the truth of the rawness of the soul and the gentle way God is blessing ,giving,nurturing abundantly.
renee srch
Feb 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Uplifting

A good reminder that God can use us to help others when we are available and His power is at work in us.
Evangeline
Lissa Rolenc
Jan 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »

• Suffering Is Never for Nothing
  • The Gender War (The Gender Game, #4)
  • On the Bright Side: Stories about Friendship, Love, and Being True to Yourself
  • The History of Love
  • Everybody, Always: Becoming Love in a World Full of Setbacks and Difficult People
  • Get Out of Your Head: Stopping the Spiral of Toxic Thoughts
  • Your Mom Walk with God: Staying Faithful on the Path of Motherhood
  • Gay Girl, Good God: The Story of Who I Was and Who God Has Always Been
  • The God of All Comfort: Finding Your Way Into His Arms
  • Mudbound
  • The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name
  • Follow Me: A Call to Die. A Call to Live.
  • Redemption (Redemption, #1)
  • Forever (Firstborn, #5)
  • Fame (Firstborn, #1)
  • Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire: What Happens When God's Spirit Invades the Heart of His People
  • The Treasure Principle: Unlocking the Secret of Joyful Giving
  • Found (Firstborn, #3)

Jill Briscoe has an active speaking and writing ministry that has taken her to many countries. She has written more than 40 books, including study guides, devotional material, poetry, and children's books.

Jill is executive editor of Just Between Us , a magazine of encouragement for ministry wives and women in leadership. She serves on the board of World Relief and Christianity Today, Inc.

A na