Start by marking “Don Joaquin's Pride” as Want to Read:
Don Joaquin's Pride

Don Joaquin's Pride

3.42  ·  Rating details ·  201 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
There was no escape!

Joaquin Del Castillo was as proud as his Latino heritage, and he instantly acted to right the wrong that he believed had been done to his elderly, loyal employee. He would lure the girl who owed the old man money to Guatemala, and here she would stay until she agreed to repay her debt!

But something about Joaquin's captive didn't add up. On the surface,
Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #2127, 185 pages
Published December 31st 2000 by Harlequin Books (first published September 26th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Don Joaquin's Pride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Don Joaquin's Pride

StMargarets
Yesterday I reviewed the alien/human romance, Marco's Pride, today Don Joaquin’s Pride is under scrutiny. (Although pride, is not his sin. I guess Don Joaquin is sentenced to Anger Management Class doesn’t have the same ring to it.)

But first, the lying liar heroine, a doormat with an evil twin.

Evil twin was widowed at 17 (!) and bilked money out of her husband’s Guatemalan father by asking pretty please. To be fair, the father gave out of pride (theme alert) and managed to bankrupt himself in t
Cecilia
Sep 03, 2011 rated it did not like it
I wasn't crazy about this book, but if you like romances where the hero is constantly, constantly shrieking at the sheltered virgin heroine about her lack of morals*, and she just stands there taking it, then this might be for you.

*Except for the last 15 pages or so.
Jenny
Nov 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: made-me-swoon
Hero and heroine had great chemistry and they were both likable. Great love story with a lovely HEA!
أجمل زهرة
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like this kind of story strong hero, mistaken identity and twins.
But what I didn't tolerate was the stupid and silly heroine. She unbelievably didn't fit the story.
There was another thing I didn't understand! I read this sentence a lot.
"Dark colour scoring his proud cheekbones."
What does it mean? Is the hero embarrassed, angry or what? (I asked Sarcastically).
Putri Septiana
This story is a bit illogical, too dramatic at the start. Trying to hold the heroine in the middle of nowhere until she sign the agreement? Come on, that sounds so absurd. But other than that I think it's an okay story. I love it when there are so much pain and hurt. Yeah, cruel me, har har har :D
Love Beck
Apr 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
I'm always fascinated by ancient ruins so this hot story was great
Caro
  • Innocent on Her Wedding Night
  • Guilty Passion
  • Fugitive Bride - Mencari Mempelai yang Hilang
  • Taken Over
  • Dark Heritage - Jurang Asmara (James Family #2)
  • The Italian's Token Wife
  • Mistress by Contract
  • Shattered Dreams
  • Capelli's Captive Virgin

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1
More about Lynne Graham...