Start by marking “Tempestuous Reunion” as Want to Read:
Tempestuous Reunion

Tempestuous Reunion

Once, Luc Santini's inherent sensuality had proved to be Catherine Parrish's downfall. For two years she had loved him unconditionally, until she realized that this rich, powerful man regarded her as a possession--not a woman he loved enough to marry.

She fled her gilded cage--pregnant with his child. And then fate placed Luc back in her life. He didn't know about Daniel...
Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Presents #1551, 189 pages
Published May 1993 by Harlequin Books (first published September 1991)

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
3-3.5

This was old school Harlequin-style 80's romance, so SUPER outdated, SUPER pseudo-sexist, and SUPER ridiculous.

But I was in the mood for it so it was fun; however, I didn't love some of the H's confessions regarding certain things towards the end.

I also didn't like how the heroine's dyslexia was manifested into forgetfulness and a constant "head in the clouds" state of mind. IMO, it wasn't an accurate depiction of it.

But like I said, this was written in the 1980's, so I think it was prett
Alex is The Romance Fox
Wow….what a tempestuous reunion it was!!!!! A Lynne Graham vintage – secret baby, sweet and innocent heroine seduced by a gorgeous and chauvinistic Italian billionaire, amnesia, kidnapping…ooh filled with so much melodramatic moments….and yes, I did get hooked!!!

Catherine Parrish -  photo 531a6ce062c8e9facb3964fe69359cb8_zpsef4a16dc.jpgis eighteen, working in an art gallery has always felt abandoned and unloved by her family, has a disability (view spoiler) meets the successful businessman, Luc, who shows an interest
Chantal ❤️
boogenhagen
Vintage
This a love or hate book. I'm on the hate side. In a rare but not unheard of situation, it's the heroine that I hate as opposed to the typical arrogant LG hero. Don't get me wrong, the hero starts off with a statement to the heroine that is pretty unforgivable, but it pales in comparison to the damage that the spineless and emotionally stupid heroine creates. Despite her obvious sexual appeal to the hero, she has all the personality of vanilla pudding.

Blancmange has been a mistress to the sexual
Jacqueline J
Sep 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Harlequin Presents lovers
This book had a little of everything. Secret babies, car accidents, amnesia...The hero was a total ass to the heroine at the beginning, causing her to leave him. When they meet again two years later, he does everything in his power to get her back. I like books where you find out that the minute he lost her he knew he had made a major mistake and has actually spent the intervening time looking for her and getting things ready for her return. These guys are just so hopeful. But the girls, as here ...more
Jenny
Jun 02, 2013 rated it did not like it
Omg the heroine was so annoying! All she did was whine and mope around, she was rude to the hero who worshiped her, she assumed things, and at the same time pretending she was a weak damsel in distress who just screamed nonstop. Also she was full of herself. She would never admit that she was wrong, even when she was proven wrong she still wouldn't admit it. The hero was obsessively in love with her but I couldn't understand why. He deserved better than a hypocrite who claims to be someone who s ...more
boogenhagen
Apr 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Re Tempestuous Reunion - Lynne Graham's fifth HP adventure gives us the first offering of what will be widely considered the LG style. Not all of the books immediately following this one will be in the exact same tone or vein. LG is still finding her writing feet in these early years, but TR is the very first LG that is the embodiment of all the elements that have made LG one of the best selling authors in HPlandia.

This one starts with a prologue. Catherine, a 20 yr old orphan who is very sweet
StMargarets
A second-chance story where the mistress finally gets her man. There is a little bit of everything secret baby, amnesia, a forced marriage, an OM who also wants the h and a OW who hates the h. It's an entertaining read - but good lord, these two characters.

Thank goodness they're paired together to spare the rest of the world. The heroine was unbelievably ditzy. Not only was she dyslexic (which is a fate worse than death in LG's world) but she was physically clumsy to point of hurting herself (b
KC
An early Lynne Graham book (circa 1991), and it shows! Her writing technique, plot lines and characterization did not really mature until the 2000s in my opinion. These growing pains are especially evident with the heroine, Catherine. Catherine was so over-the-top that she came off as a caricature, and epitomized the angry shrew (inspired by Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew perhaps?). She yelled at poor Luc constantly and made the poorest decisions possible. (view spoiler) ...more
Mou
Dec 22, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked his groveling.
Naksed
It was just okay. Not enough grovel after the H's many, many, big fat jerk moments. h was initially feisty and determined not to become a doormat. She had some choice scenes where she tells off H and they were quite enjoyable. But inevitably, the Harlequin Gods struck her down for her hubris and she ended up the typically, snivelly, weepy Harlequin h that we all know. Plus, my pet peeve of having the villain of the piece get away scot-free. This is fantasy and I want my revenge dish served hot w ...more
iamGamz
Aug 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Drama, Drama, Drama!
4 Truly Tempestuous Stars

“'Marry you. Why would I want to marry you? You have neither the background nor the education that I would require in my wife. There, it is said. Now you need wonder no longer.”

OMG Lynne Graham, you put everything but the kitchen sink into this book! It has:

1. An obnoxious alpha
6. A spurned lover who gets his revenge by tricking the runa
willaful
Oct 01, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Lucy Monroe
Recommended to willaful by: Janet W.
Some good stuff here for the angsty HP lover, and a more thoughtful look at the "secret baby" plot than many I've seen. The heroine does not come off well for her decision to hide her pregnancy and the hero turns out to be less horrendous than he intitially appeared. But there was too much bickering for me; I really didn't understand why they kept fighting and then I didn't understand why they stopped, except that the requisite number of pages had been filled.
Leona
Jun 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
good angst hp read. I do love it when a Hero makes a mistake, realizes it quickly and then has to fight his way back to earn the heroines love. In this case, this book delivered. I thought Luc was a great hero.

What I struggled with was the heroine. She was TSTL...self sacrificing individual. Her character brought the book down to a 3 stars,
Booklover
Absolutely loved the book,starts as usual LG books Hero Luc is mean selfish jerk and Catherine is his mistress,when she falls pregnant she first decides to test the waters and asks him about marriage,Luc every cruelly says her she neither has the education nor the class to become his wife which hurts Catherine so very much,Luc leaves and Catherine also leaves this time forever,she moves out has teh child

Its been few years she has seen Luc and one day she meets him,but then there's an accident a
Chitra *CJ*
"Tempestuous Reunion" is the story of Catherine and Luc.
Five years ago, an innocent in love Catherine, mistress to the Italian Billionaire Luc decides to confront him about their future and realizes there is none.. As she is pregnant, she takes the drastic step to leave him and travel to England, only to meet with an accident and be rescued by a helpful stranger.
Now, the mother to a willful 4 year old named Daniel, Catherine struggles to keep a roof on their head when a chance encounter brings L
Debbie "Buried in Her TBR Pile"
Interesting and entertaining HP. It felt a little light in character development - I shouldn't have liked it, but I did. As jerky as the H seemed, I liked him. It is obvious that Luc loved Catherine (IMHO). Catherine has low self-esteem because of her dyslexia and sometimes comes across as fuzzy. But, I did like it. 3.5 stars
Shatarupa  Dhar
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Since eighteen years of age, Catherine has been living with Luc in his house, discreetly. Its been two years, Catherine is pregnant, but she doesn't tell Luc as he flat-out refuses any chance of marriage between them.
She flees from there, and meets with Harriet who becomes a motherly figure to her. Now, five years later, with Harriet dead, they don't have a place to live. By they, I mean Catherine, and her four year old son, Daniel, who is a child prodigy, and who is also angry with his mother f
Jasbell76
Was that the HEA? What kind of HEA and hero's grovelling was that? :O (°o°)
There are MORE things I didn't like about this book than the last one I read by Lucy Monroe, that was a "much" better :(

Review to come!
I haven't completed my challenge yet! :O
Nikki ღ Navareus

***TWO STARS***
This story started out fairly strong in the first few pages. After being a mistress to Luc for two fantastic years, Catherine finds herself pregnant. She's terrified to tell Luc about the baby, and when she asks him if he ever thought about marrying her, he shuts that shit down in a hurry by telling her there's no fucking way in the world he'd marry her. He tells her she has neither the background or education worthy of him.
BOOM!

I love asshole heroes and Luc quickly proved himsel
Fre06 Begum
May 26, 2014 rated it liked it
One of her best books!
Linda Sims
Sep 26, 2016 rated it did not like it
Debbie DiFiore
Tia
Dec 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
The hero was an ass to the heroine and pretty much blamed everything on her right until the very end. It was pathetically sad but so damn gut wrenching I couldn't help but like it. The angst was the kicker that won me over.
Nefise
I really liked heroine, she's little bit different from classic Harlequin heroine but not that much, of course. :)
Widala
Mar 03, 2016 rated it liked it
How to Cram as Many Tropes as Possible in a Less Than 200 Pages Novel
Missy
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Packs a good punch.

Catherine realized all they shared was passion, so she fled Luc's control. Two years down the road they meet again and passion flares and tempers soar. Luc is one sexy controlling guy that blames her for everything: past, now, and future.

Luc is hiding a secret love and will go out of his way to win her back as long as he can keep his heart hidden. I like when the strong sexy men realize what love they have lost and really have to work at winning it back.

Catherine has been stro
Roub
Jan 05, 2014 rated it did not like it
i did not like it.dats amazing 4 me bcoz i dunt think i eva disliked a lynne graham book but this one disgusted me or more precisely the heroine disguested me !! catherine was pathetic beyond belief !she shud have been a kate or smthng u no. not catherine !lol i'm making discrimination over names ! she was really a pathetic lil nobody. i'm not saying dat bcoz she cud not read n luc thought her illiterate. the problem was wid her whole attitude. behind all dat puppiness, der was a vindictive stre ...more
Julz
5 Harley stars.

Secret baby-runaway mistress theme done really well. H thinks the h is a dim bulb but can't help himself. The heroine has many quirks and I just loved her. Can't tell you why exactly, just did. Maybe a Mary Sue without the irritation and occasionally funny...kinda?
  • Shattered Trust
  • Gold Ring of Betrayal
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2; Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • Public Wife, Private Mistress (Italian Husbands)
  • Crescendo
  • Bought: The Greek's Baby
  • Marriage Meltdown
  • Except My Love
  • The Sicilian's Christmas Bride
  • Wife in the Shadows
  • The Spaniard's Marriage Bargain (The Marriage Bargain, #1)

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1
“(On having being just proposed to)

'Have you been thinking of this for long?' she managed jerkily, praying for the shock to recede so that she could behave a little more normally.

'Let's say it crept up on me,' he suggested lightly.

That didn't sound very romantic. Muggers crept up on you; so did old age.”
9 likes