Start by marking “The Petrakos Bride” as Want to Read:
The Petrakos Bride

The Petrakos Bride (Greek Tycoons #47)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  913 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
Maddie idolized Giannis Petrakos, who had lavished money on the charity that had cared for Maddie's twin sister--and was sinfully gorgeous. Now Maddie has a lowly job at Petrakos industries. Soon Giannis demanded she be his mistress, for as long as he wanted her. Because when Giannis finally married he wanted a wife more suited to his wealth and class....
Paperback, Harlequin Presents, #2653, 192 pages
Published August 1st 2007 by Harlequin (first published July 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Petrakos Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Petrakos Bride

Bibi
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A must for all LG fans! I have read this no less than 10 times!
Kaycee ❤️

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It has enough angst, drama and passion to keep the readers interested! It hit me in all the right spots!
KatieV
Nothing particularly wrong with this one, just nothing particularly memorable.

At first I was pretty into it, because the sexist, womanizing H seemed to make me think I was heading into gloriously offensive wallbanger territory. However, the 2nd half was kinda blah.

I think I need to take a break from Graham again. She re-uses the same plot over and over again and while that's somewhat expected in HPLandia, it is more pronounced in some authors. Sara Craven is another that I have to space out for
StMargarets
This is the one where the heroine, as a temporary employee, is pressed into serving tea at the hero's board-meeting. In her excitement at seeing the man whose charity had given her dying sister her final wish, she trips over a wire and sends a laptop crashing to the ground, ruining the presentation. The board-meeting is cancelled. Heroine returns to apologize and find the hero changing in his private quarters. H/h are overcome by lust. Heroine is a virgin but manages to give the H the best sex o ...more
Becky
Loved it...great heroine, loved her standing up for herself with the prenup and her integrity about fidelity.
Jenny
Dec 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

Giannis Petrakos is Maddie's hero. He had visited her twin sister in the hospital before she died and he gave her hope. Since then Maddie has a crush on him, unrequited of course until he finally notices her. She works at Petrakos industries but her job is a lowly job she is not wealthy or glamorous. Their love affair ends too soon when the heroine finds out the hero is engaged to be married. Weeks later she finds herself pregnant which means she has to contact Giannis.

I loved the chara
Cecilia
Jul 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: elibrary-books
Really clunky dialogue and narrative - the flow feels chopped up to make everything fit within the page limit or something. Hero is a macho jerk for the vast majority of the book and his transformation into an indulgent husband and father was so unconvincing it just made me roll my eyes. The heroine had some potential, but then it's taken away when she makes a remark about how back when she was showing some spine, that wasn't for real; she was planning to do what he wanted the whole time. Really ...more
RomReader❤️Spoiler Giver❤️
The story is about a temp employee who's been idolizing attractive hero since he made her dying sister's wish come true 9 yrs ago and has immediate affair with him. But she didn't know that he was engaged to be married to another, even though it's a marriage based on convenience & not passion. She leaves him after she finds out about his deceit & finds herself pregnant. She calls him for support 4 months later when she found that she had medical issues from her pregnancy that prevents he ...more
KathyB
This was a good HP with an decent storyline and interesting characters. The heroine was surprisingly strong and didn't put up with the typical BS found in most Harlequin books. Recommended for fans of HP, I liked it.
Vintage
I hesitate to give this a 4 star rating, but it was so much fun that YES!

Giannis, the insert eye roll so called hero is such a jerk. He's arrogant, deceitful, manipulative, selfish, arrogant (it needs to be said again) and has the morals of a bad alley cat. I loved him. For every manwhore/ass-hat plot, ploy or maneuver the H tries, the heroine's morals, outrage and dismay over his behavior trumps him. Giannis doesn't know whether he's coming or going. (view spoiler)
Tishke
Feb 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
2.5 stars.

A fast read. The lead male is really too full of himself and the lead female is basing her opinion of the guy on one act of kindness he has done many years ago instead of his current actions which were partially despicable.
lily waheed
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read this book 3 or 4 times and each time I read it I love it more .
Missy
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
A wonderful read.
Maddie had stars in her eyes for Giannis because of a caring thing he did for her dying twin sister when she was 14. She admired him for the nice things he did for charities and believed him to be a good wonderful man. So when she meets him she is overwhelmed by this along with his sexual allure and is unable to resist the passion. Giannis first sees her and is overwhelmed by the passion and wants her. Unable to deny is body and mind he sets out to have her no matter what....but
HÜLYA
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Lynne Graham Yunanlı erkekler hakkındaki ön yargımı kırdı diyebilirim..Anlatımı ve kalemi o kadar güzel ki bayılıyorum bu kadının kalemine..Bazen salt duygusallık bazen ilişkilerin gerginliğini çok iyi yansıtıyor..
Bu hikayede kahramanlarımız Melek ve Şeytan'ın ilişkisi üzerine kurgulanmıştı.Tecrübesiz Maddie Conway
ve Milyarder çapkın Giannis Petrakos'un hikayesi.Tecrübesiz Maddie'nin bu azılı çapkını dize getirme hikayesi idi..BU romanda ben biraz Charlotte Lamb'ın izleri hissetim...Bu gelgitler
Maura
Paula Legate
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I normally don't like books with cheating, However I really enjoyed this book. Ginnis was engaged to get married. He treated his upcoming marriage like a business proposal. When he met Maddie, everything changed. Maddie showed him what he really wanted out of life. She was kind, sweet, and beautiful. His fiancé on the other hand just wanted to be seen. The more eyes on her the better. she also wanted his money, and his name. She made me sick the way she acted. and the things she did throughout t ...more
KC
I enjoyed this despite it being another typical Graham romance in terms of themes, plot and characters (she has a formula that works, so hey). One such staple was the hot passion and chemistry simmering between Giannis and Maddie.

Maddie, although insecure, seemed less of a doormat than some of the author's other heroines. Even though she succumbed to Giannis' charms quickly, Maddie fought hard afterwards to maintain her moral standards and to prevent Giannis from taking total advantage of her.

I
Booked
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: besotted-hero
I had trouble trying to place this book because everything played a second fiddle to the heroine's strong principled character. Maddie kept her cool and was the self sacrificing heroine we all know LG pens. I liked her independence and the fact that she slowly taught Giannis the true measures of what's important in life. Giannis didn't really have that memorable grovel, but it was nice to see him change his ideals.
Cherise
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: harlequin
I really like this one. The H really started out as an arse being a real tycoon that doesn't care about much but self gratification and has a really low opinion in women. The h is attracted to him but did have a great backbone and sass which I adore. There is trouble but h doesn't become a mopping whimp and still stick to her principles.
K
Dec 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: l-amour
clumsy girl, cancer history, pride excess, morocco, engaged, prego
IamGamz
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
A fun read. The h gave as good as she got to the H. She went toe to toe with him. Loved her sassy character and her strong will. I absolutely enjoyed this book.
Tia
Dec 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Excellent romance, it was a bit angsty and definitely something I loved.
Debra Ashwood
The Petrakos Bride

What is a woman to do when she finds out that the man she loves and is her lover is really engaged to another? Not only that he wants to keep her as his mistress even after he marries? Here is one version and he is not happy.
Desirée
Leído el 16/07/2012
Cherry
Jasbell76
From 1 to 10: 9.5 (My personal rating scale)
I can't remember what I liked the most about this book. I remember he was engaged with other woman while hero met the heroine :/ He could be called a cheating hero, but it wasn't mention during the whole story if he and her fiancé were lovers :S

Updated: May/17th/2015 (11:43 pm)
I am skimming the book and now I now what maybe I liked about the book, the dialogues are SO HILARIOUS!
In one of hero's POVs, he says heroine is as stubborn as a mule XD
Mlleelizabeth
Aug 11, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Roub
Mar 01, 2015 rated it liked it
it was really good but i was kinda fed up wid LG's usual heroine. you know, the prickly, aggressive type. maddie was a lowly clerk and no beauty, wid no brains as well. i did not see what giannis saw in her. the book was entertaining but was so dramatically far from real life! LG did not convince me wid this one.
Liz Stevens
Oct 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Asshole alert. This guy is a class-A asshole, and seeing as this is Harlequin, you know that's saying something. But the book's not a bad read, and he does somewhat turn around at the end. I really liked the great-grandmother, wish there had been more of her.
  • The Italian's Revenge
  • The Christmas Love-Child (Snow, Satin and Seduction)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Love-Child
  • Public Wife, Private Mistress (Italian Husbands)
  • Bought: The Greek's Bride (Mediterranean Brides, #1)
  • The Santorini Bride
  • For Pleasure...or Marriage? (Models & Millionaires, #1)
  • The Virgin's Secret
  • The Sicilian's Christmas Bride
  • One Night, One Baby
  • Pregnant by the Greek Tycoon
  • Crescendo
  • Except My Love

Lynne Graham was born on July 30, 1956 of Irish-Scottish parentage. She has livedin Northern Ireland all her life. She grew up in a seaside village with herbrother. She learnt to read at the age of 3, and haven't stopped since then.

Lynne first met her husband when she was 1
More about Lynne Graham...

Greek Tycoons (1 - 10 of 57 books)
  • Constantine's Revenge
  • Husband on Trust
  • Expectant Bride
  • The Cozakis Bride
  • The Tycoon's Bride
  • The Millionaire's Virgin
  • The Demetrios Virgin
  • Marriage at His Convenience | Cinta Terpendam
  • The Kyriakis Baby (Modern Romance)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Bride  (Greek Tycoons) (Harlequin Presents)