Start by marking “Scottie the Daughter of: The Life of Frances Scott Fitzgerald Lanahan Smith” as Want to Read:
Scottie the Daughter of: The Life of Frances Scott Fitzgerald Lanahan Smith

Scottie the Daughter of: The Life of Frances Scott Fitzgerald Lanahan Smith

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  39 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Lanahan's highly-readable biography chronicles the life of her mother, daughter of F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, and provides a stunning portrait of a golden era in the literary world, as told through three generations of an American family. Photos.
Published June 1st 1996 by Harpercollins (first published June 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Scottie the Daughter of, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scottie the Daughter of

Melinda
May 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have been intrigued by everything Fitzgerald (Scott, Zelda, and Scottie) for most of my adult life, so I was excited to find this book. I appreciated that the focus was truly on Scottie as an individual and less on Scottie, the daughter of, despite the subtitle of the book. It was interesting to learn about Scottie's political involvement and about her family life as a wife and mother. Her daughter did a good enough job of humanizing Scottie as someone separate from Scott and Zelda, yet so muc ...more
Bonnie
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it

I was always curious about Scottie, the child of F Scott and Zelda. Written by Scottie's daughter, this book gives an honest and in depth account of Scottie's life. Well written; no details were spared. Scottie led a glamorous and tragic life. Highly recommend this book.
Ann
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
I confess to not finishing this book - I read up to the time of Zelda's death, and then skimmed remaining pages looking for Scott/Zelda references. Scottie does seem to have been quite an accomplished person, but not someone I particularly wished to read about - especially not in a 600+ page book!
Tom Schulte
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Living a life with an arc covering a childhood from the world-travelling largess of her parents in the 30s to burgeoning women's liberation movement to Democratic Party efforts leading up to the Reagan Era, Scottie Fitzgerald had a rich life worth documenting. I am not sure her daughter's scrapbook approach presents it completely enough. Largely told through excerpts of Scotties own start on an autobiography, correspondence, and other pieces this is a mix of voicings and feels to me at times mor ...more
Deborah
May 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I happened to find this book by accident after finishing a book about Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald. What I found was so much more than I expected. Instead of learning more about this famous couple, i learned about a wonderful mother and humanist. To me there daughter turned out to be the more exciting of the trio. Scott Fitzgerald left more than a literary tribute ..he left a person who made the world a better place by spreading joy and hope to many.

I applaud the sensitivity and truthfulness of t
Ann Piccirillo
Jun 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Reading about Zelda is both pure joy and pure sadness. Fantastic book.
Michele