Start by marking “Can You Cuddle Like A Koala?” as Want to Read:
Can You Cuddle Like A Koala?

Can You Cuddle Like A Koala?

Can you cuddle like a koala, holding on tight? Or can you creep like a mouse in the pale moonlight? Join in the fun rhyme with all the little animals from around the world and copy their actions.
Board book, 22 pages
Published June 1st 2004 by Orchard, (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Can You Cuddle Like A Koala?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can You Cuddle Like A Koala?

Start your review of Can You Cuddle Like A Koala?
Shelley
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was much fun in PreK story time.
Ruth Ann
Adorable illustrations accompany this rhyming text.
Perfect for interactive bedtime storytimes.
Skip a few pages for a babytime storytime.
June
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: animal, bedtime and participation requests
Recommended to June by: Katie, Shelley and Shoshana
I like the animals and the participation. I hope to try it in my next bedtime storytime.
Ms. Shoshana
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great read aloud and it’s a shame the picture book version is out of print. Each page has a large illustration of a single animal performing a task and implores the audience to do it too.
Anna
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: toddler-books
I loved this! It is so cute! The illustrations are phenomenal. Such detail and beautiful colors. The texture is amazing and they look so adorable and cuddly. The book I had was a board book and I feel like children would enjoy this. Good to read as a bedtime story since the ending has to do with sleeping and getting ready for bed. The illustrations are spread over the two pages with one question that stretches over the two pages as well.
Morgan Stout
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: toddler
This is a fun and simple bedtime story for toddlers of all ages. Each page makes a request for the reader to move like an animal, which is great for getting wiggles out before bed. My kids love to stretch like the tiger and creep like a mouse. We all love the beautiful illustrations!
Jill
I like a book that engages kids in some fashion. This one lets them stretch, hop, etc like the animals in the book.
N
This is a fun play-along book. Can you [action] like [animal]? It invites kids to play along. And then, sleep like the animals-- awesome for a bedtime book!
Frankie 1K B4 K
Mar 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
fun book to act out what the animals are doing throughout book
Cecilia
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
A good interactive activity book (can you mimic these animals?!), but a terrible right before bed book. The kids will be all too wound up to sleep :|
Lots of opportunities for movement and interaction with this great group read aloud. Can you imitate the animals, too?
S
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: baby-books
Great for lapsits.

Simple text, beautiful pictures, and some action-oriented movement commands.
Candice
Jul 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Sophie
Shelves: picture-books
What really makes this book are the gorgeous animal illustrations. It's a lot like his book Can You Growl Like a Bear in that it's asking the child to pretend he/she is an animal. "Pretend you're an animal. What can you be? Can you copy these creatures? Are you ready? Let's see." Besides the title koala, the book features mouse, monkey, owl, frog, tiger, otter, hare, bear and squirrel. It invites children to cuddle, creep, swing, wink, leap, stretch, splash, jump, hug, curl up, and then copy the ...more
Katie Fitzgerald
Read at Tales for Twos and Threes on 7/15/11: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read during preschool class visit on 12/14/11: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at After School Story Time on 1/26/12: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read during a preschool class visit on 2/2/12: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at Toddler Lap Time on 7/19/13: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...

Read at preschool story time on 2/15/17:
Shala Howell
Aug 02, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
This is as cute as the title suggests. Very fun to read to even the smallest of readers (my baby is 4 months old), although I recommend having a partner help you, so that you can have one person reading the book and the other helping the baby cuddle like the koala or swing like the monkey. You can do it yourself, but it means a lot of picking the book up and putting it back down again -- not that there's anything wrong with that....
Drew Graham
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids
Many animals model snuggly behavior for little lap-readers at bedtime.

I'm a little surprised it's taken me this long to sit down and read/review one of John Butler's books. They are short and sweet and feature unspeakably adorable animal illustrations. I really have nothing but good things to say about this snuggly bedtime book.
Mandy J. Hoffman
Apr 18, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
MY REVIEW:

Can You Cuddle Like a Koala? is an adorable bedtime story that will help get the wiggles out and encourage the cuddles before you tuck in your kids for the night. I enjoy the simple story with the simple interactions and the sweet ending. The parents will enjoy this fun book just as much as the children!
Lindsay
The pictures in Can You Cuddle Like a Koala? are GORGEOUS!!! I recently used this story for an owl-themed program for bilingual story time, and the kids were mesmerized by the illustrations. I do have to admit that some of the actions were a bit weird to have the kids try to emulate (i.e., splash, cuddle, swing, etc.), so I just had them do some of the actions.
Erin
Mar 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
We started reading this book to my daughter while she was still in the womb. She is ten months old and loves it still... The illustrations are wonderful and there are just enough words on the page so that she can turn them without getting bored. It's a great bedtime story!
midnightfaerie
A great book for preschoolers and younger. The illustrations are adorable and the simple language was easily repeatable my my 3 yr olds. No educational value except for reading and instilling the love of books in your child! Highly recommended for the smaller children.
Allison
Jun 02, 2008 rated it really liked it
Another good one from John Butler. This book shows all of the different favorite places for different baby creatures to nap, ending of course with the baby human napping in a lap.
Deb
Aug 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Gorgeous soft illustrations and an eclectic assortment of animals to learn and imitate. Final page makes it a bedtime story too.
Maria
Apr 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Good book for pres-school children to prepare them for bedtime. Beautiful illustrations of the animals too.
Kristin Fletcher-spear
read before the baby steps program @ the library. Have already forgotten it though.
Paula
Rhyming text describes how various animals move.
Jill
Mar 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
A sweet bedtime story. Easy to read and easy for my little ones to follow and repeat.
Esther
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Lovely book to read before bedtime to get all the wiggles out.
J
Jun 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: little-cuties
My toddler loves this book right now. He tries to copy each animal in the book. The illustrations are very sweet.
Amanda
Great bed time book! Gets all the wiggles out then gets them quieted down and ready for bed. We also enjoyed the rhyming.
Dolly
Mar 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Great story to read with the little ones at bedtime. Very soothing narrative and soft, but realistic, colorful and often luminous pictures.

• Two Little Monkeys
  • We Found A Hat
  • Still a Gorilla!
  • A Lullaby of Summer Things
  • The Unexpected Love Story of Alfred Fiddleduckling
  • Flight School (Flight School, #1)
  • The Adventures of Beekle: The Unimaginary Friend
  • Pete the Cat and the Cool Cat Boogie

writer and illustrator - lives in Kent, South East England.