Start by marking “Glimpses of a Golden Childhood: The Rebellious Childhood of a Great Enlightened One” as Want to Read:

(The Nitrous Books #3)

This is a very special volume because rather than responding to questions and sutras, Osho is simply sharing his enlightened consciousness as he recalls his rebellious and mischievous childhood through fascinating, entertaining and inspiring stories. This edition also includes many beautiful, rare, and intimate photos of the ordinary daily activities of an enlightened myst ...more
Published December 31st 2008 by Rebel Publishing House (first published September 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Glimpses of a Golden Childhood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Glimpses of a Golden Childhood

Sachin Bhatt
Aug 01, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: osho fans
This book is sort of autobiography of Osho. Consists of Osho's childhood days, how he was an individual since his childhood. sometime things are difficult to digest on how a seven year old kid can make a sadhu run away from village, and many other incidents

Best part i felt was his love with a tree in his university. good to read
Yoric
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Believe it or not, right after reading this book, I felt rebellious myself to throw some sharp language to a man.
I've always been kind, polite, considerate, and as a result our "business" got stuck for 4 years.
I am now laughing how crude I just behave to this man, just like Osho did so many times in his childhood.
This man's reaction is one of a child, and it's so funny, I couldn't even imagine it would work like this.
Yes, I just behaved rudely and crudely, as I never did before, but I kept thing
Akash Saxena
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely book, I wish there was a second part to this.
Akshay Cm
Oct 03, 2013 rated it liked it
This book isdivided into 3 broad categories - His Nani's (Grand-ma) influence , Pagal Baba , and Masto's . I found the book to be a little dragging in nature. Although I love Osho , I wouldn't recommend this book to every average reader . His black and white vintage photos popup in more than 50 pages and you can see clear clarity of the eyes ,look of an enlightened man peering onto your soul .

Although I enjoyed his mischievous stories and troubles he caused , some may find it outrageous.

Much of
Deepak Dhamija
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A delightful read. Without any beginning and end, jumping from one anecdote to another without any connection. Totally meaningless but yet so beautiful like life itself. I wish, I had come across this during my childhood days. Its unbelievable, someone could be so rebellious, so courageous and so fearless from the childhood itself. Will cherish reading this forever.
Jayaram
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The uncommon childhood of an uncommon genius..you can enjoy it even if you are not an OSHO fan..
Bella
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Everything was right for Osho in the beginning only. The imprints you get in your childhood have major impact on who you will be in the future.
Yogesh
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This Book is just fabulous. I think everyone on a spiritual journey should get their hands to this book.
Dennis Johnson
Oct 29, 2013
Jack Smith
Feb 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Rajneesh (born Chandra Mohan Jain, 11 December 1931 – 19 January 1990) and latter rebranded as Osho was leader of the Rajneesh movement. During his lifetime he was viewed as a controversial new religious movement leader and mystic.

In the 1960s he traveled throughout India as a public speaker and was a vocal critic of socialism, Mahatma Gandhi, and Hindu religious orthodoxy.

Rajneesh emphasized the

The Nitrous Books (3 books)
  • Notes of a Madman