Start by marking “Prelude To A Seduction” as Want to Read:
Prelude To A Seduction

Prelude To A Seduction

David Broussard is a handsome, successful businessman with the unsavory reputation of a player. He’s known for his allure, charming personality, and ability to draw and seduce women. He’s gifted by nature with an unbelievably erotic scent that emanates from his body—natural pheromones that attract women in droves. Having used this advantage in the past with great success, ...more
Published June 4th 2012 by Adams Media (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Prelude To A Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prelude To A Seduction

Start your review of Prelude To A Seduction
Melissa
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
*Some content in this review may be offensive or unsuitable for anyone under the age 18 and may contain spoilers. Please proceed with caution. :D*

When I first started reading this book, there were a couple of things I noticed that rubbed me the wrong way. This doesn't mean however that the book was bad, so don't grab your pitchfork and start to rally the townsfolk. My complaints are minor and rather silly in some aspects but they are what they are.

My first real issue, (and this is the only real
Heather Rodney-Diaz
May 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Prelude to a Seduction is the perfect name for this book because what a seduction it is! A hot and very sensual read with thorough and descriptive love scenes that will make you blush. Our hero, sexy playboy David Broussard relentlessly pursues and never gave up till he gets the strong-minded Sarona Maxwell to even speak to him. It's quick, realistic and true-to-life funny. With a white hero and black heroine, you'll realize color and race have nothing to do with love or making love!
Peggy Bird
May 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
David Broussard has crossed paths with Sarona Maxwell at professional events for almost a year and has tried to work his way into her good graces. It hasn't happened. She's too aware of his reputation as a player, a man who picks up one blonde, deep-as-Saran-wrap, model-thin woman after another and lets them down just as fast. Black, voluptuous and too smart to fall for his lines, Sarona has fended him off. But this time, David intends to win. He mounts a campaign as carefully as any skilled gen ...more
Irene
May 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Anticipation. Lotchie Burton builds the sexual tension in Prelude to a Seduction from the very first sentence. I love that sexy ‘player’ David Broussard is the one that denies himself, delaying his own gratification until he reaches his ultimate goal of seducing Sarona Maxwell. That doesn’t mean that we don’t get a peek into his every fantasy along the way. David is an experienced man and his thoughts about Sarona are detailed and anything but pure.

Sarona is worth the wait. A fundamentally shy p
Angela
Prelude to a Seduction, I hope is just the beginning for Lotchie Burton. This book had me hooked from start to finish. I could not get enough of how hard David Broussard, a wealthy white playboy, obsessed over an unsuspecting black full-bodied Sarona Maxwell for about a year while denying himself any physical pleasure, saving himself just for her. On a mission to obtain Sarona's body, David finds his true self and realizes he wants more___ all of her ___ mind, body, and soul. He struggles to com ...more
Mspraise50
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have simply fallen in love with this author. I discovered this week that I had brought first two books but had not read them. After reading book One I immediately went on to book 2 and then lucky for me book 3 came out 3 days ago. I read all 3 books back to back.

The 3 stories are standalone but each book stars a character from the previous story.

What I love about this author is all her leading ladies are strong and sassy and all her leading men are alpha males, who love, cherish and protect th
D'ann
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Author Lotchie Burton has written an interracial romance geared to take your breath away in Prelude to a Seduction. I fell in love with this heroine from the get-go. She was feisty, sassy and not about to fall for hero playboy David Broussard’s lines. I adored Sarona Maxwell’s independence, and her unwillingness to bend her principles for anyone. One of my favorite parts of the book was when Sarona stood up to the vixen, Sheila. It wasn’t what I expected to happen, and all the better for it. Thi ...more
Molly Gray
May 25, 2012 rated it liked it
From the very opening paragraphs, I knew this story was going to be sizzling hot - and I wasn't disappointed.

David is a ladies' man with just one lady on his mind - Sarona. His reputation has preceded him, though, and she's not going to be easily swept up by his advances. A confrontation with a jealous former girlfriend further complicates matters just as it seems David might be making progress in his budding relationship with Sarona.

Once their passion ignited, it was "bring a fan" level of hot
Deloris
Nov 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is hot!! David is determined in getting Sarona in his bed in his life he goes after her and gets her who could so no to David? Sarona did at least she tried but David was so irresistible and passionate she finally did what I would do she gave in and oh what a pleasure that was for her. My only problem with book is I would have liked to have read a little more about this couple because there is certainly more to their story.
Boxy Frown
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Cute sexy story.
Robin L. Wideman
Jun 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Good read. Gave it five stars. The book was engaging because of the characters. I also liked that it was short read.
Mary
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Awesome

It wasn't long enough but all in all it was a pretty good read. Would definitely recommend. Enjoyed it a lot
Andrea Whittaker
Apr 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Solid story

Great story. I too fell in love with David at the beginning of the story. I thought he was adorable and oh so sexy. Sarona tried but couldn't resist him. Great read. I highly recommend.
LaurLa
Oct 11, 2013 rated it liked it
This was an okay read. I didn't love it or hate it.

I liked that the h was smart and confident and could hold her own in any situation. The H was a womanizer but was honest about it. He didn't lie to women to get them into bed. He was unrepentent about seeing women in only one way but he wasn't irredeemable - we watch him change over the course of the book as the h changes from merely a sexual obsession to someone he develops real emotions for.

The h frustrated me because she didn't want to be j
Lauren Marrero
Dec 07, 2012 rated it liked it
I love David's single-minded determination to get Sarona into his bed, but at times the other characters (particularly the sleezy dude trying to pick up Sharona and David's ex) seemed juvenile. His ex was like those mean girls in a high school cafeteria out to bully everyone. These people are supposed to be adults at a business conference, yet acted like kids on an overnight school trip.

Lotchie never explained why Sharona was so wary of David. Yes, he was a playboy, but she was a single woman in
Tanya Mayes
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I found myself really enjoying this book. David (WM) was living the typical rich playboy lifestyle but after meeting and talking to Sedona (BW) he found he was attracted to her and wanted more from her. But she wouldn't give him the time of day because his reputation proceeded him even though she was attracted to him. After a year and still nothing David still wanted her and for the last six months he was coming up with a plan to get her. He made sure to always be around this time she wasn't get ...more
chass
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 1-2-stars
the plot was really weak. yes he wanted her for a long time. she was antisocial...ok. there was never really anything deeper about the characters. he was a womanizer and she had one friend. that's it! other than that it was a homeschool game of cat and mouse with some big words thrown together.
Kimchi
Nov 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a good read. I liked the banter between the main characters and I liked that the girl wasnt easy. This was a great read and I look forward to reading more.
Deborah
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, erotic
Her complete turn around was just not believable over so few days.
Linda Braxton
Jan 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was my first time reading this authors book. It was very good.
Cora
May 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
Meh
Nette
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was ok
This was a shallow and quick read. Part of me was wondering if this was truly desire or and attraction or stalking.... it was ok
Justine
Mar 29, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bwwm
Rather blah plot and characters.
Patricia Spagnoli
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Island Pursuits
  • The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires
  • Best of Asian Erotica 1
  • Inspector Chopra and the Million-Dollar Motor Car (Baby Ganesh Agency Investigation #3.5)
  • The Ginger Man
  • Drumsticks
  • Sandman Slim (Sandman Slim, #1)
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • The Wicked Bad
  • Jackaby (Jackaby, #1)
  • The Witch of Portobello
  • Mark Twain's Medieval Romance And Other Classic Mystery Stories
  • A Midsummer's Equation (Detective Galileo, #3)
  • Aunty Lee's Delights (Singaporean Mystery #1)
  • A Beleaguered City: and Other Tales of the Seen and the Unseen
  • Murder at the House of Rooster Happiness (Ethical Chiang Mai Detective Agency #1)
  • The Dragon Beast's Virgin (Separated by Time, #3)
With a sweet tooth for pastries, a soft heart for animals and an imagination that rivals Dorothy's OZ and Alice’s Wonderland (albeit on the steamier side of fantasy) Lotchie Burton writes spicy Contemporary Romance and Romantic Suspense. An avid reader and hopelessly hooked on happily-ever-after’s, Lotchie writes suspenseful tales where sparks fly, and fires ignite. Strong plots with diverse chara ...more