Start by marking “Kissing Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Kissing Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #1.5)

Kissing Jamie Baker

(Jamie Baker #1.5)

A short story that retells Jamie and Ryan's first kiss from Ryan's point of view.
Published March 2012 by Kelly Oram

To ask other readers questions about Kissing Jamie Baker, please sign up.
Lana You can go to Kelly's website and read it there

you can also read other extra scenes from the series as well…more
You can go to Kelly's website and read it there

you can also read other extra scenes from the series as well as her other books!(less)

Ambur
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An awesome short little bit from Ryan's point of view of the first chapter of Being Jamie Baker. :D I loved getting to see such a personal side of Ryan...I can't get enough of that boy, and I must admit after reading this little bit, I totally reread BJB...I just had to get more!!! haha :D

Also, if you haven't read Being Jamie Baker, go ahead and read this bit first. It won't spoil you, but it will get you in the mindset for the first chapter, and it might give you an idea about Ryan's motivatio
Unholy Unicorn

And this one is Ryan's.

Before Jamie became Ryan's girlfriend, she was the school's resident "Ice Queen".

Before Ryan experienced that electrifying kiss, there was the bet for Homecoming.

Relive the moments.
Experience the thrill.
This is Jamie Baker 1.5.

I don't usually go for "retelling-from-the-other-person's-POV" books but it's Ryan Miller we are talking here. I just can't seriously stop myself.

But before this one, you gotta read Being Jamie Baker first. You need to read it like, right now so you
Edit~A
Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Fun, fast, short story from Ryan POV.

I loved this guy before, but after I read it I loved him more, if that was possible... Do guys like this even exist? If yes, sorry guys, but we have to hide you somewhere and make your clones. FOR REAL!!!

So apparently, we find out here, that he was interested in Jamie before, like REALLY interested, and he did not kiss her in order to take Becky to the dance, but have an encounter with Jamie!!

How sweet, romantic and cute is that!!!

Ryan Miller marry me???
Kelly Oram
Sep 01, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
HAHA! Thanks to one of the reviewers I realized that I totally pulled a Kelly and got the character's names mixed up. Just FYI if you've already read this and were confused, "Jess" was actually "Paige". For the longest time that was her name and then it was changed at the last minute before the book was published. SO when I wrote this story I reverted back to the old name and never even noticed I'd done it. Sorry for any confusion! And thanks Katy for catching that for me! (It's been changed now ...more
April
Jan 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ah.. that was painfully short.

Ryan's POV got me laughing, smiling and grinning like an idiot.
He's just SO perfect. Ugh. Where can I get a Ryan fucking Miller.
PLEASE!

I really hoped it was longer. I keep scrolling but that's it. Oh my God! I can't get enough of Ryan Miller. Forgive me. but I really think I'm obssesed.
Gabriela Tate ♡
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ryan ♥.♥ asdfghjkkl^!^@*!&
Licha
May 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Cliche but cute. I would read the books.
Katy
Jun 24, 2012 rated it liked it
09.01.12 - Okay, I've just been told by the author that Jess is actually Paige in this book (see below). Makes a lot more sense now since they were so similar. So I'm going to bump this up to 3 stars.

06.24.12 - Hmmm... I must be the only one who didn't like this insight in Ryan's point of view because it actually made me think LESS of him.

"WHY," do you ask? DO NOT READ MY REVIEW UNLESS YOU HAVE ALREADY READ BEING JAMIE BAKER. THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING. You know who you are!!! >:(

(view spoiler
Rachmi
Oh my...Ryan Miller is so full of himself yet I still love him. And it's so good knowing that I enjoyed his POV as much as Jamie's. I think Kelly Oram won't have problem writing from whoever POV. I can feel the different and at the same time both of them are enjoyable to read.

But who's Jess, anyway?

“Good call.” I shuddered. He was right. That sounded like a nightmare, and not just because Jess was on the homecoming committee. Mike and I quickly ducked into the admin building. We could cut throu
Yue
It has been almost 2 years since I've read this book, and since then, I've been trying to find something similar; it was that good. Generally I don't read short stories written from the guy's POV (which are getting very popular now in YA books), but I could not resist to read this one.

Short, very short, and free at the author's website. Ryan Miller is one of the most charming boys in a YA fantasy, being all cocky and confident, and at the same time, cute. And a lucky guy, having Jamie as his gir
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Nov 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, 2013
I am currently reading Being Jamie Baker. While I was looking at the other books by Kelly Oram, I found this little short story listed. I started to look around for it and couldn't find it at any of the on-line bookstores. I finally googled it and found a link on Kelly Oram's blog.

I had already read this part in the story and I wanted to find out Ryan's point of view. Get a look in his head about the incident, because it was humorous reading it the first time.

I wasn't disappointed. This is a cut
voluptuous_sheen
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ok…this was a good read since it will feed you how Ryan Miller really thinks..even just for 1 chapter..as for me, after i read a book , i’ve always wanted to read the other’s character’s view... And I’m really fascinated how he thinks…I even laughed on how indifferent he was to enumerate things..you’ll love it ,you’ll know him better. it will give you idea how it really started, I mean how Ryan found interest in Jamie..it didn’t started with the kiss, it’s been the cue though..he has a crush on ...more
ekarifin
Lovably short story from Ryan's point of view about his very first kiss with Jamie Baker...

...
“You’re already mine. You just don’t know it yet.”
...

Haha... so, so, so Ryan Miller...

I love that guy...

e
Keri
Jan 22, 2016 rated it liked it
I am not sure this could really even be considered a book or novella. It is really just a couple of chapters told from the lead male characters point of view. I would have liked there to be a little extra information given but it still was nice to hear his side of a couple of events that happened in Being Jamie Baker.
Audi Forest
Aug 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Short, but it was actually pretty sweet... It just confirms that Ryan really was (and still is) "head over heels" in love with Jamie even way before what happened. It was a cute read, takes about 5mins of your time but leaves you smiling for a whole lot longer, especially if you've just read Being Jamie Baker :)
Lady
Sep 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella, e-library
So cute. Reading this and being thoroughly delighted by it is why I read Being Jamie Baker
Jeannie
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faves
CUTEST. STORY. EVER.
Done, that is all I have to say because this story was just too cute and adorable. It was a very fast read, so refreshing and cute. I needed this story after having to read The Grapes of Wrath for my AP class. ARRAAAGGGHHH! SOOO CUTE. I LOVE IT!
Zoe and the Edge
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, romance, squeaky-clean
Hahahaha! That's my response. Ryan is so ridiculously arrogant. I didn't remember from the first book that Jamie attacked him with tongue on that first kiss. It's great seeing Jamie through Ryan's eyes. He finds her unbearably hot. =D
Shawn
May 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
For readers of the Jamie Baker, this is the story of Jamie and Ryan's first kiss, but from Ryan's perspective. There's a bit of Ryan's backstory here and an interesting perspective. Definitely worth the ten minutes or so to read it.
Mackenzie
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Kelly Oram for this little post Being Jamie Baker, pre More Than Jamie Baker treat. It was great to read Jamie and Ryan's beginning from Ryan's perspective. And it was especially nice that she had it available on her website for all to read for free. You rock Kelly Oram!
Ingo
Jul 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Nice addition, different POV.
Vivien
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, favorites
well really ive read being jamie baker for 3 times in one year that this was a surprise to find and i will read again the book because i want to revisit the story in jamie's side gawwd its awesome.
Lana

other extras from the series could be found on Kelly's website
Candy
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was so great reading this from Ryan's POV. I was smiling the entire time, especially at the end!
Hannah
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great look into Ryan's head and was worth the read! (I mean it is Ryan after all who wouldn't want to know what he thought?!)
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Oct 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I loved this and it completely convinced me to buy the book.
Snigdha Prakash
Thank you thank you thank you Kelly Oram!!!
I missed Ryan and Jamie so much!!!
Loved it.
I hope to get to read more from Ryan's POV.
Amazing.... :)
Fairy Jane
Feb 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing

A man on a mission. I like it!
Jess
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
this was awesome! loved Ryan's POV!
Kassi
May 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
AAAAHHHH LOVED IT!!! RYAN <3

• Wild Ones, Vol. 9 (Wild Ones, #9)
  • Curves & Courage (Future Alphas, #2)
  • The Hour of Dreams (The Pace #4)
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 05
  • Alight: The Peril (Pyxis, #2)
  • The Boarding School Experiment
  • Kissing Perfect (At the Party, #4)
  • Dream of Me
  • Interred (Chronicles of the Interred, #1)
  • Tw7sted
  • Senshi (Katana, #2)
  • The Emerald City (Osland Trilogy, #1)
  • Catching Suki (Lila, #0.5)
  • Perigee Moon
  • Florence (Florence Waverley, #1)
  • The Faerie Guardian, Part II
  • Beginnings (The Guardians of Vesturon, #0.5)
  • Midnight Surrender
Kelly Oram wrote her first novel at age fifteen–a fan fiction about her favorite music group, The Backstreet Boys, for which family and friends still tease her. She's obsessed with reading, talks way too much, and loves to eat frosting by the spoonful. She lives outside of Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and four children.

Jamie Baker (3 books)
  • Being Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #1)
  • More Than Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #2)
  • Remember Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #3)
“The next thing I knew Jamie was in my lap wrapping her arms around my neck as if she planned on keeping me hostage for eternity. If that were the case, bring on the shackles babe, because no way was I going to be the one to end this epic kiss.

I felt like I was on fire—like warm energy was spilling out of Jamie, washing over me and causing all my hair to stand on end. I started shaking—just a slight tremor in my hands at first, but it quickly progressed to violent, uncontrollable shivers. The energy was filling my body so full I thought I’d literally burst apart at my seams.

Then, when I was ready to combust Jamie finally stilled. She pulled her face back and smiled at me with a cool expression, but I know she was affected as I was. I wasn’t the only one breathing hard and shaking.

“You can keep the gum,” she said, trying to mask her feelings with a smirk. She couldn’t quite manage it though. Her eyes were bright and full of disbelief. She was as surprised as I was.

She climbed off me and with a wink said, “Have fun at the dance.” And then she was gone. She walked out of the cafeteria as if that hadn’t just happened. As if she hadn’t just completely wrecked me.

I had no idea if what I felt meant we were soul mates or something crazy like that, but I knew two things for certain. One: Jamie Baker wasn’t the ice queen she pretended to be. And two: I wanted her more than anything I’d ever wanted in my entire life.

I had a feeling this wasn’t going to be easy, but I knew deep down in my gut it would be worth it. “Game on, Ice Queen,” I muttered as I stumbled back over to Mike to rub my victory in his face. “You’re already mine. You just don’t know it yet.”
5 likes