Start by marking “The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride (Desert Rogues, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride (Desert Rogues, #1)

The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride (Desert Rogues #1)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  847 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews

But she also couldn't stop loving him. More than anything else, Dora wanted

Paperback, Silhouette Special Edition, #1316, 256 pages
Published April 1st 2000 by Silhouette

To ask other readers questions about The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride

Dina
May 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was one of the funniest books I've read. I don't know if it was intended to be that way, but I laughed like crazy reading the preposterous things that came out of the hero's mouth. The man was deranged and proud of it, and I couldn't have been happier.

The story is fairly simple: Prince Khalil Khan of El Bahar is engaged, against his will, to beautiful but slutty Amber. He wants out of the engagement, but he can't explain why without causing some unwanted damage in the political stability of
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
A sweet delightful romance.
I’m not a sheikh-romance fan but this one seemed highly rated for all the right reasons. It has that typically improbable HP storyline as well as a vintage-y feel to it, which is part of the charm.

The H tricks the h into marriage with flowery and misleading words. By the time she catches onto him, an exceptionally vampish ow completes her wedded woes.
I loved Khalil despite (or maybe because of) his remarkable obstinacy and delusions of snobbish self-importance. He jus
Leona
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
I absolutely loved this book, especially for the "tongue and cheek" humor. You usually don't find that too often, nor so beautifully executed as Susan Mallery did here. At the same time, I found that there were some genuinely difficult and painful moments for the heroine that created all that delicious tension I have come to love in these category romances. Finally, I loved the heroine. She was downtrodden, out of luck, desperately, unhappily in love with a man that didn't value or understand he ...more
Jenny
Mar 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The prince of El Bahar, Khalil Khan tricks jilted bride Nora into marrying him so he can save himself from an arranged marriage. Marriage of convenience turns into a marriage of love. Hero's bitchy ex fiance stirs up trouble and Nora is devastated when she finds out the true reasons Khalil proposed.

I loved this book. It was angsty, emotional and super romantic. Heroine is sweet and virginal but also feisty. Hero made me laugh. He was so arrogant, so full of himself, a real Sheikh. I recently di
Amanda Sheila
Well..

I was expecting something wham-bam with its angst, especially when the storyline's very promising. But, no. Khalil's expression is so flat and I don't like it.

I want more. The heroine's easy forgiveness is kind of getting on my nerves. Again, I was expecting more resistant and more begging from Hero.

Good, but not my favorite.
Chitra *CJ*
Oct 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safety-first, v-card
This was super awesome!
From well written characters, to smokin sex scenes and a dash of humor, this book captivated me from start to end.
Dora runs away from an unfaithful fiancée and lands up working for Khalil.
Khalil, the prince of al Bahar (I cracked up every time he introduced his full title) decides to use her to escape an arranged marriage via lies.
What follows is a super passionate love story. Great wedding night scene!
The only thing I wished that would have happened was that Dora had mo
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I loved this book. I loved that the heroine was considered "dumpy and overweight" but the hero was thoroughly attracted to her. I liked the seduction and whisked away aspects too. The hero not was upfront about his motives but it turned out pretty well. Recommended if you like sheikh books.
ceecee
Nov 07, 2014 rated it liked it
This book is just as fabulous as all the other Sheikh books by Susan Mallery.

The book starts off with Dora Nelson stranded in an air port. Along comes Prince Khalil Khan. She begs for a plane ride anywhere else but their. He agrees without thought. During the flight he comes to realize that his temporary assistant is as bright as she looked. Dora Nelson until recently was a manager's assistant. She helps Prince Khalil Khan during the flight and soon after landing finds herself hired by him. With
Skyden
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
This is the story of Doormat Dora who married a static hero. I think what gets me is that this book was published in 2004 (according to Amazon), but given the stereotypical blahness of the male/female dynamics, I'd have thought it had been published in the 80s. I'd be able to give the author a bit more leniency if it had, as societal views change and there's generally a formulaic pattern for writing the Silhouette type novels.

Dora isn't really a kidnapped bride. I'm sort of still trying to figu
Rene
Aug 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful book about a woman named Dora who is having an affair with her boss Gerald. One day while she is having her wedding dress fitted, she and Gerald were to fly to Boston to start a new life. It turns out that Gerald didn't ever love Dora and leaves her stranded on a remote Kansas runway in an ill-fitted wedding dress.

Meanwhile there is a Prince from El Bahar that has to stop at the same Kansas airport for fuel in his privete jet and pick up an assistant.
The young Prince comes
Vintage
Plump heroine is tricked into MOC by handsome sheik. Once she finds out, she makes him come after her.

Relatively strong heroine that still succumbs to the magic P, but he doesn't get everything he wants his way. Very funny at times when he arrogantly announces he is Prince Khalil. The heroine is just, "Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before big guy."

Tia
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Best out of the series so far, that I'd reviewed. The heroine is quite hurt and heartbroken. I felt myself relate and go with her emotions. It was especially impressive how well the prince aka hero kissed her ass later.
Mary Dulaney
I really didn't want to like this because it's "just a Harlequin", but I did.

I loved the character of Dora Nelson, a woman who had been deserted by her fiance, then swept off her feet by Khalil Kahn, Prince of El Bahar, but the only way I could endure the prince was to think of him as a caricature, especially the way he always announced himself with his title. There was a lot of angst (maybe too much) and I still feel that there should have been some grovelling.

Oh, and she really wasn't "kidna
Fanny
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Secuestrada Por Un Jeque es la tipica novela de Harlequin, esta bien para pasar un rato entretenida pero sin esperar demasiado, principalmente porque esta llena de cliches, escenas irreales y con una protagonista exactamente igual a las de otras historias de este estilo, lo unico que me sorprendio ligeramente fue que el protagonista masculino no fue tan insoportable como esperaba.
Fue una lectura corta y sencilla pero en algunas escenas no podia parar de poner los ojos en blanco, todo era demasia
Karen
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dora Nelson is betrayed by her fiance, left alone without a dime to her name at an airport in Kansas. Her prince charming, Prince Khalil Khan, comes to her rescue, and jets her off to New York, offering her a job for the remainder of his time in America. He is betrothed to someone he despises, so he must find a way to end this engagement...he will marry Dora and make her is Princess. He will do anything to make it happen, even lie to her.
Vivien Tsang
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Dora Nelson/Khan is the kind of woman I like especially when she stands her ground & won't allow anyone, even her husband & the king, to knock her down, or become a slave to male dominance.
I hate that woman, Amber, & that silly rule about the father taking the punishment of their children. It's ridiculous. A person does the crime then they should pay, not the parent unless they had a hand in their child's crime.
MJ
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hq-favs
This book was laugh out loud funny. I loved the heroine's sense of humor and the crazy but funny things the hero said. The couple has a real and complicated relationship and I liked how Susan Mallery didn't gloss over their battle of wills. Definitely going on my favorites shelf.
Virginia
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Mariana Bezerra
Dec 31, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Nora was just a girl running after she discovered her fiancé was an asshole and treated her really bad because he was never in love with her and was just pretending all the time just to keep his job, but it was really unusual how she asked for a ride with Prince Khalil and he said yes.

He wasn’t the best person in the begin of the story but I could feel his frustrations, first at his secretary that only wanted to sleep with him and enjoy his fortune, but the worst part was his fiancé. He was betr
Cs
Aug 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I've been on an intense hunt for trashy romance novels lately, and boy did this one deliver! Chance meeting under ridiculous circumstances, Arabian prince, marriage of convenience (kind of)... this novel was super enjoyable to read.

Dora was a highly refreshing female protagonist. I liked how the author explicitly did not bless her with supermodel good looks, and I really appreciated what an advocate for women's rights and exemplary career woman Dora was. In the novel, Dora is swept up into the
Barb
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
But she also couldn't stop loving him. More than anything else, Dora wanted a happy home and an adoring husband. Still, when Dora's feistiness met Khalil's arrogance, sparks flew. And unless Dora and K
Kari
Dec 24, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
The one thing I like about the Silhouette romances is that they are always a quick and entertaining read. The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride was a pleasant surprise. I thought it was a cute story, but it certainly could be frustrating at times. One thing I thought was interesting was the even though it was written in the year 2000 it had an 80's romance feel to it.

Dora and Khalil were well matched. I liked that Dora wasn't a doormat and stood up for herself. They were both stubborn and that drama did
Jayze
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Summary: Swept away by the passionate Prince Khalil Khan, Dora Nelson reveled in her new fairy-tale life as princess of El Bahar. But once she learned that the love and affection Khalil had showered her with were a sham, she refused to bend to his will. For he'd tricked her, and she couldn't forgive him....But she also couldn't stop loving him. More than anything else, Dora wanted a happy home and an adoring husband. Still, when Dora's feistiness met Khalil's arrogance, sparks flew. And unless D ...more
Ivonne
Jan 05, 2014 rated it liked it
al principio estaba emocionada ya que no fue amor a primera vista como todos pero las cosas cambiaron cuando se complico lo de Khalil y Amber, creo que su decision fue apresurada y no me gusto como reacciono.
Dora es una protagonista "fuerte" pero hay veces que le falto temple con Khalil mucho amor puedes tener pero debe darse su lugar, a pesar que asi lo quiso dar a entender no fue de esa manera y me molesto como era el con ella, debio dar su brazo a torcer y no ser ella la que lo diera.
para mi
AelixRage
Sep 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
OMG. That has to be the most hilarious novella I've ever read!

Now don't get me wrong, this story has serious issues in it as well, but where do you find a hero so damn arrogant that it's ridiculously funny?!

Ah I've never felt so satisfied. This was a good, fun read. The only misgivings I have is that one or two things were not resolved. An epilogue tying up loose threads could have earned this 5 stars.
Amy
Nov 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Some of the terminology was pretty funny. The title was a bit misleading, but not a bad book. It was a fast absorbing read, but it did lack real substance unsurprisingly. I don't really think the characters were very believable. I had a hard time believing that the main character was so caught up in a fiancé/wedding that was based off of 1 make-out session. However, these types of books aren't exactly trying for excellence, so I let it slide.
Meg Kinch
Apr 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very good start to the series. I liked this book. Definitely wanted to hurl the Sheik across the room a couple of times to knock some sense into him, but otherwise pretty good. Plus, I think the villain of this piece, Amber, needs to be smacked off her pedestal. She is nothing but trouble, caused nothing but trouble, and if she is in any of the rest of the series I hope she is brought down. Looking forward to reading the others.
June
Dec 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Mallery and Desert Rogues fans
Left on the tarmac in her wedding dress, Dora accepts Prince Khalil's ungracious rescue. However, he does offer her a temporary job as his assistant, and ends up seducing her. However, Dora is not happy to find that he used her to avoid his arranged marriage.
Liss Martz
Jul 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ombs, no
Este libro lo compre en un súpermercado a tan solo $2 dólares !!
Lo leí en un par de horas y me gustó mucho! Lectura rápida y romántica.

I bought this book in a supermarket just for $2 dollars !!
I read it in a couple of hours and I really liked it. A quick and romantic read.
Francis
Nov 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, fiction, adult, drama
As always, my dear Susan Mallery leaves me well satisfied with her books. I so missed reading them and this one was awesome. I loved the story, though Dora kind of annoyed me with her insecurity. Nonetheless, it was great.
  • The Desert King  (Throne of Judar #3)
  • The Sheikh's Chosen Queen (Desert Kings, #1)
  • In The Sheikh's Marriage Bed
  • An Arabian Marriage (Sister Brides, #1)
  • Innocent in the Sheikh's Harem (Armstrong Sisters #1)
  • The Sheikh's Wayward Wife (Sheikh Tycoons, #2)
  • Chosen by the Sheikh: The Sheikh and the Virgin\Kept for the Sheikh's Pleasure
  • The Sheikh's Chosen Wife
  • Desert King, Pregnant Mistress (Bought for Her Baby) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #18)
  • The Sheikh's Revenge
  • Monarch of the Sands
  • The Inherited Bride
  • Desert Warrior
  • The Sheikh's Ransomed Bride (Surrender to the Sheikh) (Harlequin Presents, #2649)
  • The Sheikh's Bartered Bride (Royal Brides, #1)
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, #1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it c ...more
More about Susan Mallery...

Desert Rogues (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Sheik's Arranged Marriage (Desert Rogues, #2)
  • The Sheik's Secret Bride (Desert Rogues, #3)
  • The Sheik and the Runaway Princess (Desert Rogues #4)
  • The Sheik and the Virgin Princess (Desert Rogues, #5) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1453)
  • The Prince & The Pregnant Princess  (Desert Rogues, #6) (Silhouette Special Edition, #1473)
  • The Sheik & The Princess in Waiting (Desert Rogues #7)
  • The Sheik & the Princess Bride (Desert Rogues, #8)
  • The Sheik & The Bride Who Said No (Desert Rogues, #9)
  • The Sheik and the Virgin Secretary
  • The Sheik and the Christmas Bride (Desert Rogues, #11) (Desert Rogues #11)