Start by marking “Itil for Dummies, 2011 Edition” as Want to Read:
Itil for Dummies, 2011 Edition

Itil for Dummies, 2011 Edition

(Dummies)

ITIL For Dummies provides an easy-to-understand introduction to using best practice guidance within IT service management. It breaks down the 5 stages of the service lifecycle into digestible chunks, helping you to ensure that customers receive the best possible IT experience. Whether readers need to identify their customers' needs, design and implement a new IT service, o ...more
Published March 5th 2018 by For Dummies (first published March 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Itil for Dummies, 2011 Edition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Itil for Dummies, 2011 Edition

Jose Feiteirinha
Mar 11, 2014 rated it it was ok
This is probably the worst book trying to teach something that I've ever read.
It sometimes felt like it had been written by a bad highschool student.
Apart from an overusage of the word 'management' I was particularly anoyed by the all too dummy paragraphs such as:

The activities of business relationship management
There are two overarching activities of business relationship management which encompass all the activities of the business relationship management:

After the above I started skimming a
Blake Kanewischer
This is a surprisingly comprehensive book that helps me frame ideas about how to implement ITIL effectively and sell it "up" the organization as necessary.
Eva Ebert
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Does what I says on the tin, which is walk you through what ITIL is in a down-to-earth easy to understand manner. The book does a great job on making ITIL seem like a very common sense based concept, rather than some fancy management theory. Lot's of examples, some of them from real life.

A minor quibble was that the author clearly assumes that not everyone are reading the book in order, so there a lot of "I covered that in chapter 8 / last section" and "we'll get to that in next chapter". But th
Russell Taylor
Jun 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: reference
Well, I passed my exam, so it can't be that bad. ITIL is a pretty dry subject at the best of times, but I read this in conjunction with a few online video's and between the 2 I got a good pass (90%). As with most reference books I didn't read it cover to cover, but dipped in and out to the sections I needed.
Paul Baldowski
ITIL for Dummies provides a solid foundation on the essentials and basics of ITIL. Like other Dummies books, the author seeks to take a dry process or set of guidelines and fleshes them out. That doesn't necessarily mean stories and fabricated examples (although this book has a few of those); that means offering some outside-the-box thoughts on what something means and how you might do something about it.

I can see this being one of those handy references. I also suspect that a second reading wou
Ginger Stephens
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
As a reference book to use with practice tests and other study materials, this book is great. As a standalone introduction to ITIL, it does not work as well. That is largely due to the dry nature of the material. When I attempted to read the book, I could only read 4-5 pages in one sitting before going on "information overload." But, when I started practice exams as the last test-prep phase, the book helped clarify items that were not clear in study aids.
Simas Simanauskas
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: management
Imperative, if one is to hold ITIL Foundation. Got 80% after reading it
Stacey
Sep 04, 2014 rated it liked it
I passed my certification test so I guess the book was worth it!
Sherry
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
I needed a quick and easy overview of ITIL that was not overly technical. This fit the bill nicely.
Isobel
Mar 15, 2015
Sajan
Oct 12, 2015 added it
nothing.. just open the damn book plz
Joe Nam
Aug 19, 2018
Mr David Maull
rated it did not like it
Jan 25, 2016
Morten Ruteig
Jan 07, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »

Dummies (1 - 10 of 715 books)
  • Mindfulness for Dummies