Start by marking “The Secret of Fern Island (Shivers, #12)” as Want to Read:
The Secret of Fern Island  (Shivers, #12)

The Secret of Fern Island (Shivers #12)

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  140 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Kenny's excursion to a desert island leads to solving the mystery of a missing boy and a cursed lighthouse.

(Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shivers_...)
Published January 28th 1996 by Paradise Press Inc. (first published January 1st 1996)

Amanda
This is the best book ever!

I read this book a long while ago. I LOVED it! I haven't read it in awhile so I don't know if I still would like it as much, but it is one of the best Shivers books that I have read. I know the ending was pretty cool. That's about all for this book. So read it.
Trevor Wells
Sep 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: young horror fans
I just finished this book and it was, for the most part, pretty good. But it's definitely not a book I would want to reread or a book that I'll remember a couple years from now. It was simply OK, nothing more and nothing less. All that aside, it is worth a read.

Plot Synopsis: Stephanie and her best friend, Kenny, have always been told not to go to Fern Island, the island that lies at the end of a rickety bridge. But every day, Kenny and Stephanie see a mysterious young boy fishing on the island.
Rachel
The Shivers books were a part of my childhood. They were a cheaper version of Goosebumps which encouraged collecting a set of short children's horror stories.
Recently, these books have started being rereleased on Kindle but the covers have been changed, and much like Goosebumps, I much prefer the original covers.
I had about 5 of these books - they have since disappeared, presumably sitting in my parent's loft. I found a copy of this book at school. It was one which I owned and read many times
Sammeh
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As a child i loved the shivers books,although i think i only read about 3 of them,this one i loved it scared me but i loved it.Looking back now i can tell it is very well written and keeps the reading begging to know what happens next.All in all a great book.
Wesam Karam
Michelle
Feb 22, 2012
  • قطار الجحيم
  • 1984 ج2
  • The Secret of the Magic Pen (Sweet Valley Twins Super Chiller #8)
  • Buttermilk Hill
  • It Came From Ohio: My Life As A Writer
  • البحث عن جسر
  • The Case of the Waylaid Wolf
  • خلف جدار النوم
  • A Ghost in the House
  • Encyclopedia Horrifica: Terrifying Truth About Vampires, Ghosts, Monsters, and More
  • My Brother's Keeper (My America: Virginia's Civil War Diary, #1)
  • The House That Crack Built
  • The Anne Frank Case: Simon Wiesenthal's Search for the Truth
  • When the Soldiers Were Gone
M.D. Spenser is a children's author, journalist and music critic. Born in the United States, he lives now in the UK.

"The Enchanted Attic," Book 1 of his popular SHIVERS series of novels for children, was republished as an e-book in August 2011. It is available at amazone.com, Barnes & Noble, Sony and iBookstory. Book 2, "A Ghastly Shade of Green," and Book 3, "Ghost Writer," followed shortly
More about M.D. Spenser...

Shivers (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • The Enchanted Attic (Shivers, #1)
  • A Ghastly Shade of Green (Shivers, #2)
  • Ghost Writer (Shivers, #3)
  • The Animal Rebellion (Shivers, #4)
  • The Locked Room (Shivers, #5)
  • The Haunting House (Shivers, #6)
  • The Awful Apple Orchard (Shivers, #7)
  • Terror on Troll Mountain (Shivers, #8)
  • التعويذة الغامضة
  • The Curse of the New Kid (Shivers, #10)