Start by marking “A Second Chance (Keller Family, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Second Chance (Keller Family, #2)

A Second Chance

(Keller Family #2)

Sometimes love is right where you left it.

Carlos Keller was finally moving on. He'd asked Kathy to marry him and now he could forever put behind him the disappointment of his failed first marriage to the only woman who ever held his heart, Madeline.

Madeline can only assume karma is out to destroy her life. Her second marriage has ended. Her doctor has told her she has brea
Published April 17th 2012 by 5 Prince Publishing

Booklover
After reading so many good reviews about this one,gave it a try but sadly i was disappointed by this book,things that did not went well with me were

*Though the title is "Second Chance"for Carlos and his ex-wife Maddie but i felt this story was about Carlo's and his current to be wife Kathy.How they went ahead in their relationship but it was too late when Kathy realized Carlos Maddie and she will always be the second best in his life.

*Carlos is one confused idiot jerk who hurt both Maddie &
Amanda (Hootie) Clark
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book was so nerve wracking and aggrevating I wanted to throw it across the room if I wasn't reading from my phone I would have! I loved the relationship between Carlos and Madeline I just wish they would have realized sooner they belonged together! The story was endearing and I absolutely recommend this book, just be prepared to be frustrated as crap!
Janet
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When I finished The Executive's Decision and read the excerpt to Second Chance I had to get a copy and I stayed up all night to finish reading it... I was crying for the first half because of what Madeline was going through and the decision she was making for her family to keep her secret, that she has breast cancer.. The incredible journey that Mrs. Marie leads us through with Madeline and her family through the struggles of surgery and chemotherapy and the support system that her family become ...more
✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿
This is a really emotional getting back together story.

I was blown away by their family dynamics. They were so good to each other that I found my self looking forward to scenes that they have as a family. One scene that is burned in my memory is the "hair shaving" scene. I swear, I cried at the scene. It's just so emotional and a very important one. The significance of the act is not lost to me...and maybe for everyone else that has read it too.

The topic of illnesses is really hard for me to re
Debbie Hanson
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
what a gut wrenching emotional story of childhood sweethearts that married had kids then watched everything fall apart. Carlos Keller has been divorced from his ex wife Madeline for 5 years and had decided that can never have her again so attempts to move with his life by marrying Kathy. While he asks Cathy Maddie is suffering from separation from her current husband that cheated on her a got someone pregnant then finds out she has breast cancer. she chooses to hide it from everyone and goes int ...more
Phuong
Oct 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was an incredibly poignant and heart-warming love story that tugged at my heart and brought tears to my eyes. It's a story about survival and a second chance to live and to love. How many people in this world can say that? Carlos and Madeleine married young, have 3 children together and have been divorced for 5 years now. As Carlos is finally moving on with his life with someone else, Madeleine is fighting for her life when she finds out she has breast cancer. When Carlos finds out, he rema ...more
Kkumar
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God! I fell in love with this book! I have to say that I am a sucker when it comes to love pulling a couple through miserable times, especially when the rough time is during a sickness. This book caught me off guard. What I mean to say is that it was supposed to be a short filler book, but instead turned into a book that I had a hard time letting go of. I read it in every spare minute that I could find! This book had me crying, tearing up for the most part. And the ending kind if shocked m ...more
Dianne
Oct 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It has been a few days since I read A Second Chance. Since then I have read two more books, but my thoughts keep wandering back to this beautifully written love story. I can't stop thinking about the characters and particular events that happened in their lives - one in particular which I won't mention here in fear it would ruin future readers enjoyment of it! All I will say is it is one of the most beautiful acts of love I have ever read.

I highly recommend the Keller Family series - I discover
Alie
I LOVED this book!!!
It is one of my favorites in the Keller series

Bernadette knows how to make you connect with the characters and keeps you invested in their story until the end.
I fell in love with the Keller family in An Executive decision and I fell more in love with the family in A Second Chance.
I enjoyed getting to know Maddie and Carlos and felt so much for what Maddie was going through. I teared up many times and was inspired by Maddie's strength when dealing with her illness.
Throughout
Maria
Dec 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Carlos and Madeline story was very intense. Two people who loves each other and decided to live separately lives because they caught themselves alone. Carlos love was always there, even though Madeline remarried (his best friend). Then Madeline was diagnose with breast cancer and went alone to surgery (without family or friends) by choice, was very hard. When Carlos knew, he didn't gave up and let her alone although he had a girlfriend. This kind of things gave us a hint of where his heart was. ...more
Nancy Stopper
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Carol-Ann
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
brilliant series keller family well written by bernadette marie really enjoyed the love story between carlos & madeline who are divorced but they still love each other all though carlos is in another relationship with kathy & that madeline second marraige as fallen apart & carlos still wants to be there for madeliene because of the children & the secret that madeliene is carrying about an illness from carlos untill he finds out, well worth five stars,
Dawn ♥ romance
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a captivating story dealing with breast cancer. It had some very touching moments but I didn't like the relationship. It didn't really progress until the very end and some of the hero's actions were irritating. Madeline's ex-husband Carlos comes to her aid when she faces the battle with breast cancer but he's engaged to someone else.
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This story brought tears to my eyes! I loved how both characters still felt so much love and connection for each other after being divorced for so many years. This is a great story of how family sticks together through thick and thin and that love can really overcome all. I cant wait to read more about the Keller family! Great job Bernadette!
nelda munoz
Nov 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any one who likes Romance
I loved this book, it was sad and frustrating, but so romatic. Carlos, I wanted to kiss him and feel bad for him, but slap him all at the same time. This book brought so many emotions out of me. The closer we got to the ending the more shock and on my toes I was. I loved the book. It was so bad I did not sleep, I had to finish it.
Andrea
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful sequel. I love Carlos! Yes, he made mistakes but how can you not love a guy who shaves his hair off to support and encourage his EX wife? He does it and does many other sweet and wonderful things. This was a great story and I can't wait for the next book in the series.
Dawn Henderson
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was really hard for me to read. A friend of mine just lost her mom to cancer and to read this at the same time was really hard for me. I made it personal so I can't give an unbiased opinion. I think it was a great story about love and family and second chances. A very heart warming story.
Katie Chapman
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read

After book one I wanted more, so immediately ordered A Second Chance. Carlos and Maddie's story is one repeated often - one foolish choice compounded by poor communication. This time one person's selfless act changes the outcome for them all.
Annette
Aug 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Not a bad sequal. A little predictable but still a feel good read. Makes more sense if you read part 1 first, obviously, but it isn't essential as the author gives little summaries for those who haven't. It's a will she/won't she book. Cancer, marriage, one night stand....? Its all there.
Jodie
Dec 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
I read the first free smaple and i loved it, this story was very predictable, although i did find myself laughing and crying with the characters.

Some parts confused me slightly but enjoyed it alot, reading the 3rd book now it is a good series.
Vikki Vaught
I could not stop reading this book! At times, I would have liked to shake Carlos and Maddie though. This is one gut-wrenching story of a woman's determination to beat breast cancer. More to follow.
Bekah
Jul 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love it! Reunion stories tend to feel fresh, and this does not disappoint, with enough sympathy to make the love triangle angle feel not quite exhausting and boring
Margaret Appel
Sep 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Second Book in the Keller Family Series, and it is a doozy! Five years after his divorce, Carlos Keller is ready to move on. His ex-wife was married to his ex-best friend, he's got a girlfriend, he said the "L" word, and popped the marriage question. Only he still loves his ex-wife. As for Madeline, she's on her second divorce and is battling breast cancer. Can Carlos & Madeline stay friends or will the new girlfriend soon-to-be wife come between them? Another
L M
Sep 11, 2017 rated it liked it
Whilst I loved this I also hated it.
Two people who loved each other for years but instead of talking, started fighting and ended up divorced.
Carlos behaved like a jerk and I hated that he slept with Kathy, his fiancée, while still in love with Maddie. Then he marries Kathy who was too spineless to call the wedding off even knowing Carlos and Maddie still loved each other. All that money wasted on a wedding.
Madelaine was also an idiot for marrying the second husband but I did feel sorry for her w
Debra
Oct 02, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Second Chance

This story is about two people who have divorced years ago. She jumped into another marriage six months later. Now he is moving on and she is getting another divorce. Not only that she has cancer. With their three children keeping it a secret is going to be hard. What about their feelings for each other? Have they truly moved on? And his fiancee, is she going to let that friendship continue?
Skylar
May 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book was so not for me. I've read other books with the second chance theme and they were much better. No other partners in the middle, and a lot of talking about what went wrong and how to fix it and not repeat it it's what I missed.
Janet K
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Rachel
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet family romance

I like Maddie and Carlos and their kids and all the rest of the family, and how they support each other through hard times. It's nice to see a middle-aged couple make love work.
Nerissa
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars.

Pretty boring to be honest. Too much waffle and pointless conversations. Parts were touching. The end was not really satisfying.
Delena constant
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is a second chance

Five Star Family! So enjoyed the Family life,the close caring warmth. it is a book you cannot put down. You read, you decide
« previous 1 3 next »

• To Win Her Trust
  • Going Berserk (Berserker Mate's, #1.5)
  • Seducing Jason
  • Ex On The Beach
  • Lean on Me (The MacKay Sisters #2)
  • The Road to Forgiveness (Price, #2)
  • Bound by Her Ring
  • A Holiday to Remember
  • In A Heartbeat (Shameful Regret, #1)
  • Surrounded by Secrets (Woods Family, #4)
  • Kisses for Lula
  • Taboo (Shades of Deception, #2)
  • Deadly Deception (Deadly Trilogy, #2)
  • The Game of Seduction (Arrington Family #2)
  • Hungerstorm (Heart of a Vampire, #2)
  • Perfectly Ever After (Pieces, #2.5)
  • Suspicions (The Battling McGuire Boys #3)
  • A Gift of Snow
Notebooks and pens have been my obsession since childhood. Later it became books and stories others weaved into the perfect escape. The day I received my first typewriter was the day the passion for spinning a tale hit me – and it hit hard.

I was thirteen when I first sat down to write the great-American love story. I didn’t have much to say at thirteen. But over the years I did fall in love, get m

Keller Family (10 books)
  • The Executive's Decision (Keller Family, #1)
  • Opposite Attraction (Keller Family, #3)
  • Center Stage (Keller Family, #4)
  • Lost & Found (Keller Family, #5)
  • Love Songs (Keller Family, #6)
  • Home Run (Keller Family, #7)
  • The Acceptance (Keller Family, #8)
  • The Merger (Keller Family, #9)
  • The Escape Clause (Keller Family, #10)
“It stayed there because, honey, I've never stopped loving you. In my heart, you are my wife and always will be. ~Carlos & Maddie” 1 likes
“-You shouldn't be here, You should be home with Kathy.
-Kathy knows where I am. She's worried about you.I'm going to be here until they kick me out and then i'll be back in the morning. ~Carlos & Maddie”
1 likes