Start by marking “Tool. Time. Twist.” as Want to Read:
Tool. Time. Twist.

Tool. Time. Twist.

Young readers and parents will enjoy this whimsical and entertaining journey through the history of tools, from the stone hand ax to the modern toolbox. Full-color illustrations help the child identify and name each tool and the sing-song text will help them remember different events in the history of toolmaking.
Published January 1st 2013 by Craigmore Creations (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Tool. Time. Twist., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tool. Time. Twist.

Start your review of Tool. Time. Twist.
Barbara
Mar 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: science
Although I don't particularly care for the cartoonish illustrations that sometimes seem to depict the relationship between males and females in an unattractive way, I do like the way the book provides a history of how tools have evolved over time. Starting with the first tools--sticks and stones--the book then explains how long ago the tool was first used, and then includes a twist on that particular tool. For instance, with the tool of fire, the author reminds readers that care needs to be ...more
Emily
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received this book as a First Reads giveaway

Our just-turned-three-years-old daughter loved this book! She's requested to read it numerous times since receiving it last week.

The premise of this book is a good one: give readers a very brief overview of the history of tools, and make it succinct by giving one- or two-liners under the subheadings "What's the Tool?", "What's the Time?", and "What's the Twist?".

This is a perfect introduction to the history of tools for preschoolers and
Kristi Bernard
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
How were tools used many years ago and what were they like? Young readers will have all their questions answered about tools, the time in history they were used and interesting facts about who used them.

Here is an example of what's inside these pages:
What's the tool?
Sticks and stones.
What's the time?
About 2.5 million years ago!
What's the twist?
Humans and our ancestors are not the only ones to use tools. Otters, octopuses, chimpanzees, and crows have all been known to use them too!

Tiffany Myers
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I was fortunate enough to receive a copy of this book as a first reads giveaway. When it came it was wrapped with care, and upon opening, I could immediately tell why: the book is of extremely high quality. I was really excited to have a childrens' book for a change, and immediately shared with my daughter. The book is very informative, without being dull/boring. They even included the sewing needle as a tool, which I was really happy to see. The pages are nice, thick, and glossy, and they are ...more
Micah Rasmussen
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
(47 pages)
Wonderful Book! Especially for first time readers.

This book was well written so that young readers with a small vocabulary can easily understand each line of text. It also is informative in such a way that describes and shows the young reader facts about history and the evolution of tools in a fun & colorful way. Lastly, to be totally honest, I even learned some history from this book. Great Read!
~ I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads ~

Tool. Time.
Nancy
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I can't go into a hardware store without looking through the tools and wondering what they are for. And I wonder how people long ago used tools and what they looked like. This book shows us the history of 20 tools invented as long ago as 2.5 million years. From sticks and stones to power tools, take a quick look at the history of tools.
Caitlin
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received this book as a First Reads giveaway.

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It is great for classrooms to capture the interest of student interested in tool and has the added bonus of being a nonfiction book. I liked the pictures an the clear way the book displayed the information. Finally I thought that the facts about the tools were interesting as well.
Mary Ann
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed TOOL. TIME. TWIST for it's time line on when certain tools were invented. The artwork was pretty funny but women use tools too and I wished I could have seen that depicted. My granddaughter liked what she called cartoons, said her grandfather owned all those tools and then had no more interest.
Chase King
Librarian Undercover
Jul 17, 2017
Charis
rated it did not like it
Brandi
Maxine
Kim
Karen Campbell
Jan 29, 2013
David received his BA in natural history and creative writing from Prescott College. He has worked as an interpretive guide for the US Forest Service, as an animal tracker for a non-profit conservation organization, and as a content writer/camp director for large scale, multi-day art and music festivals. He lives in Portland, Oregon, where he is the president of Craigmore Creations, a publishing ...more