Start by marking “Trespasses Against Us” as Want to Read:
Trespasses Against Us

Trespasses Against Us (John Paul 2 High #2)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  104 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
When George Peterson starts dating Allie Weaver, harassment from her old boyfriend escalates into cyberstalking until George feels events leave him no choice but to take matters into his own hands.
Published October 31st 2011 by Chesterton Press (first published April 30th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Trespasses Against Us, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trespasses Against Us

Kelly
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Trespasses Against Us is a thriller, often instructing the reader about Catholicism without being preachy and presents real life issues all teens face. The series takes place in a newly founded Catholic High School with a very small number of students. Celia is the girl who has a strong prayer life, is very modest and attends Eucharistic Adoration. George, Celia's best friend, asks Allie to be his girlfriend and he wisely seeks the counsel of a priest in confession. Allie has transferred from th ...more
Nancy
Apr 28, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-read
This is the second in the John Paul 2 High series, and I read the first one, too, a year or so ago. The first book set up the characters and the school, the place and the setting. So this second book was able to take off quicker, and get right into the story.

This was a compelling story, which kept me up late turning pages till I reached the climax and conclusion. It was much more interesting and exciting than the first, slower moving but still compelling story.

In this second book, the students a
Dec 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was definitely darker than the previous, you know, since Allie is being stalked by someone, but that's okay, I can handle it. :)

That being said, I saw the dark side of George Peterson, the good boy Catholic, the one no one thought would do anything wrong (besides Celia. Celia and George are the King and Queen of Goodness at JP2HS), but boy, George does some BAD things. Like some potential lethal things...

The ethics of a just war are discussed, as well as how harmful revenge is (with so
Regina Doman
Oct 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Full disclosure: I edited this book as the head of the John Paul 2 High team. We knew this was going to be an intense book, and I think it's more powerful than the first one. In this book, George and Allie start dating, only to have Allie getting stalked and George thrown into a crucible as events start raking up his recent past. And who is stalking Allie? Her sneering ex-boyfriend? Or someone more sinister, and more dangerous?

I like this book because we get to see inside Celia Costain's head f
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
booklady
May 05, 2009 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to booklady by: Nancy
Check out Nancy's excellent review. Hope to be able to read this soon.
Silver Swan
Apr 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I. WANT. TO. KNOW. WHO. THE. SHOOTER. IS. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a less spastic note, I liked hearing from Celia's perspective, as I could definitely relate to her as a teen (and even now).
Katie
Alicia
rated it it was ok
Jul 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
What do you call a group of people who on the outside, are normal Catholics, but who have periodic crazy meetings late at night and sporadic email wars over plot points?

Well, you could call it a parish subcomittee, but that's also a good description of the John Paul 2 High Team.

The Team first started meeting three years ago when Sophia Press accepted our proposal to create a series of fun teen nov
More about Christian M. Frank

John Paul 2 High (5 books)
  • Catholic, Reluctantly: John Paul 2 High School - Book 1
  • Summer of My Dissent
  • Undercover Papist
  • Near Occasions (John Paul 2 High Book 5)
“He would have given anything for a tension-breaker-maybe, if he prayed hard enough, the school would catch on fire or something.” 1 likes