Start by marking “Among the Cloud Dwellers (Entrainment Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Among the Cloud Dwellers (Entrainment Series, #1)
Read Excerpt

Among the Cloud Dwellers (Entrainment Series #1)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Dare to gamble with destiny. . .

In this compelling and hauntingly vivid novel, Porzia Amard, an epicurean globetrotter, has left her French-Italian roots and her beloved wine-making family behind in Tuscany to pursue her journalistic studies in the USA, eventually settling in Florida -- Pensacola, to be exact, where hurricanes abound.

And it is on the forceful tail end of
Published August 23rd 2011 by Gemelli Press LLC

It takes a rare and mysterious novel to speak to our souls in so many ways that we return to the book again and again for refreshment and renewal. Giuliana Sica created that kind of spellbinding literary magic in Among The Cloud Dwellers. The best novels open us up to all the wild possibilities that have remained dormant in our psyche and soul. Among The Cloud Dwellers flowing prose will lure you into its warm embrace if you have experienced a deep sense of loss in your life that will not let yo ...more
Thank you Lisa for recommending Among the Cloud Dwellers to me.

Magical realism combined with heated passion and cooking turns out to be an incredibly evocative combination.As a reader I felt swept away to a mystical place where you believe true love exists.This is a beautifully written story that makes you want to fight for what's meant to be. It should be picked up and re-read every few years just to remember how beautiful language and one's imagination can be.The ending left me breathless and
Seraphine Goldberg
Mar 21, 2013 Seraphine Goldberg rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Seraphine by: Librarian
This is quite simply a magical story. Giuliana Sica makes Among The Cloud Dwellers seems so authentic that I was carried right into the story. Once I had started reading I couldn't put the book down, so compelling is the plot. It wraps love, happiness, fear, suspense and death up into one bundle and can be deeply profound in places. I found myself crying time and again, sometimes with sadness, sometimes with joy, suffering and picking myself up along with Porzia. I loved how she candidly exhibit ...more
Life is not about surviving. Life is not only about work. This novel reminded me why I love books so much. Why I choose to make books my career. The writing is spellbinding. I turned each page with the same wonderment Alice explored Wonderland. It's definitely not a main stream romance. I can see how it could appeal to a certain reader while others would feel overwhelmed. As a matter of fact I wouldn't know where to shelve it in my store. Magical realism, yes, definitely. It was a finalist in 20 ...more
Regina Velasquez
I have received this book as a Christmas gift from a dear friend who apparently knows me well. I am not one to write reviews, but I had to speak up for this gem. The magic begins with the cover and continues on until the very end. This novel allows us readers to expands the margins of our lives. The style is vivid, descriptive and brilliant. As an ESL reader I appreciated every nuance, understood every vibrating emotion and applaud the author for her skills. Well developed characters, good rhyth ...more
I love good food and wine, and I love a good romance/erotica story and when all of it is combined with some magic and mystique then I can easily loose myself in the book.

Thats exactly what happened with Among the Cloud Dwellers by Giuliana Sica. I read it and I lived it. All the food and wine part reminded me the Aussie series My Kitchen Rules. All the romance and magic just enfolded me so secretly and so tightly that it will take me some time to get over this book, to be able to think about the
The whimsical element of Sica's writing is the most charming, bewitching aspect of her novel Among The Cloud Dwellers. It's a story that encompasses strong characters and a plot thick with the every day emotion -- love, friendship, self doubt and heartbreak. What makes it unique is the way the story is told. Magical realism, though (I have learned)"... uses magical elements as real occurrences, presented in a straightforward manner that places the 'real' and the 'fantastic' in the same stream of ...more
David Damiano
Ms Sica's book took hold of me in a way that few others have. It is the kind of book you will enjoy just for the love story, but it will also leave you thinking about the deeper mysteries of life. I've read it twice and plan to go back for more. I am not an avid reader of romance novels. But this is so much more than a romance. If you are a romance fan, I'm sure you will find that the novel more than delivers. The love story is captivating and erotic. It reminded me of The Bridges of Madison Cou ...more
I really love this book, it had that trippy mystical quest feeling set in modern/normal times. Incredibly sad, but not in the way I would have expected (I couldn't help skipping to the end about 200 pages in-shame on me). It's sad in a very accepting, things are for the best kind of way. I will be looking forward to or looking for the next in the series definitely.
Among the Cloud Dwellers by Guiliana Sica
A review
Having read the cover summary and studied the reviews already written about it, I began ‘Among the Cloud Dwellers’ by Guiliana Sica with high expectations and great anticipation.
Her descriptive prose is without doubt beautiful; with great attention to details Giuliana Sica strings her words together to create astonishingly vivid scenes and very believable characters and relationships.
As the reader follows the main character Porzia around the worl
Disclosure: I received an ARC from the Publisher.
I am giving up and abandoning this book at 29%. In all fairness, if I had looked more closely at the category, and noticed that it was listed primarily in Romance, and secondarily in Women's Fiction, I probably would not have requested it. I have several friends who LOVE Romance books, and I think they would probably enjoy this one, it's just not for me.

I was drawn in by the write up that promised food and recipes, magic, and travel. I'm not very
I received a free copy of this book.

The book's main character, Porzia Amard, is a freelance writer for gourmet magazines writing about wine and recipes she discovers on her travels. She's introduced to a new world of magic when her grandmother dies and starts having a look at her past lives. While she travels to get to know a new wine in Australia she meets Gabe and this changes her live a lot.

I can't exactly say what I expected of the book when I first started reading it. I guess I was hooked
Perhaps it's just me, but I'm not sure it should be such hard work to read a book. The prose in this novel was so flowery and embellished that I felt as though I was fighting my way to the finish.

The author obviously understands how to write, but needs to learn how to write for the masses. Perhaps this book isn't meant to be enjoyed by many readers, but is intended for a select few?

I would not recommend this book.

ARC provided by Netgalley.
Lisa B.

While the writing was well done, I just found it difficult to get into the story. I never quite connected with any of the characters. This was more of a romance than I thought it would be from the overview.

I appreciate being given the opportunity by Gemelli Press LLC, via Netgalley, to read this in exchange for an unbiased review.
Tawnya Gagnon
It was just an OK book for me. I didn't enjoy having to stop and look up the Italian phrases she put in there in random spots. I did love the love story, and the magic/whimsey of it. I felt a bit bored towards the end waiting for something to happen but it just abruptly ended. I found myself left with too many questions.
Unfortunately I found this book very hard to get into.

The language throughout was very flowery and it became a struggle to read.

I did not enjoy this book.

Received from netgalley.
Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
Disclaimer: This ARC was given to me for free in exchange for an honest review from Netgalley.
Preili Pipar
Preili Pipar marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2015
Stephen Robertson
Stephen Robertson marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Michael P White
Michael P White marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Cyndi marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2015
Barb added it
Sep 30, 2015
Wordsl Dreamsl
Wordsl Dreamsl marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2015
Caroline Laudig
Caroline Laudig marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Joslyn Love
Joslyn Love marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Kathy marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
JoDee Palin
JoDee Palin marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Jade marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
  • True Vines
  • Homecountry
  • Fixer
  • The First Book Of Calamity Leek
  • Montefiore's Goddaughter
  • The Summer of Hammers and Angels
  • Hunger Awakened (Vampire Hunger #2)
  • Fire Fight
  • Fool of Fate (A Novel of the Seven Courts, #2)
  • Feather Light
  • This Magnificent Desolation
  • Nothing Serious
  • Keeper of the Moon (The Keepers: L.A. #2)
  • Increase That Lovin' Feelin': A Make It Happen Workbook
  • How to Get Ainsley Bishop to Fall in Love with You
  • Conspiracy of One: Tyler Kent's Secret Plot against FDR, Churchill, and the Allied War Effort
  • Terra Tempo: The Four Corners of Time (Terra Tempo, #2)
  • Medea (Delphic Women, #1)
Giuliana was born in Siena, Italy. At the age of 4 her father gave her a box of markers. She immediately began to doodle stories on the house walls, after a few weeks of repainting they finally gave her paper as well. She has not stopped writing since. She calls home Whidbey Island where she settled in 2001 after globetrotting teaching Italian in exotic places as far as Japan.
She holds a Classic I
More about Giuliana Sica...