Start by marking “Stand Up and Garden: The no-digging, no-tilling, no-stooping approach to growing vegetables and herbs” as Want to Read:

Knowing where our food comes from is a huge issue; food safety and costs seem to figure more prominently in our lives all the time. Many people would like to grow their own vegetables but dont know how to begindigging, plowing, planting, weeding, and watering a large plot can be daunting. Stand Up and Garden shows how everyone can garden, including those with physical ...more
Published April 16th 2012 by Countryman Press

To ask other readers questions about Stand Up and Garden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stand Up and Garden

Start your review of Stand Up and Garden: The no-digging, no-tilling, no-stooping approach to growing vegetables and herbs
Hannah Silver
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stumbled on this at the library and couldn't have felt more seen. Been wanting a gardening basics book and a solution for how to make the joys of gardening more accessible for me since I have arthritis. I didn't read every single word of this since I'm not about to start a straw bale raised bed situation right now at my new apt but would consider in the future. This is sweetly written and has the basics on soil, pests, transplanting, etc that I needed.
Laura Day
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: First Time Gardeners; people who want to try straw bale raised beds
I checked Stand Up and Garden: The no-digging, no-tilling, no-stooping approach to growing vegetables and herbs out of the library at my mom's suggestion. She thought I might like the technique that this book is about because tomatoes do so well in it (and I keep hearing how hard it is to grow tomatoes in South-eastern Idaho).
This book is about a type of raised bed gardening that is built to waist height, then the bottom of the garden is filled with straw packed tightly with urea crystals, and
Mary Beth
Jun 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: grace
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a great book. It has a ton of info about gardening without having to actually garden in the ground. The author is a true Master gardener. She provides lots of references and plenty of tips. I probably have to buy this book.
Laura Hodgins
May 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I can't wait to try it. Really short and easy to read.
Lori
Sep 18, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, non-fiction
Interesting concept. Loved some of the ideas of raised beds, but I just don't have the room to accomplish this.
Lisa
Jan 22, 2013 rated it liked it
great ideas...nice read on a winter's weekend. Planning for spring. Love the format and fonts of this book.
Barbara
May 20, 2019
Brenda
May 01, 2016

• The Complete America's Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook 2001-2010
  • Baking Gold: How to Bake (Almost) Everything with 3 Doughs, 2 Batters, and 1 Magic Mix
  • Garden Up! Smart Vertical Gardening for Small and Large Spaces
  • Groundbreaking Food Gardens: 73 Plans That Will Change the Way You Grow Your Garden
  • Cajun Fried Felony (Miss Fortune Mystery #15)
  • Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16)
  • Raised-Bed Gardening: How to Grow More and Water Less
  • The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning: How to Free Yourself and your Family from a Lifetime of Clutter
  • Creative Spaces: People, Homes, and Studios to Inspire (Home and Studio Design Book, Artful Home Decorating Book from Poketo)
  • Small-Space Vegetable Gardens: Growing Great Edibles in Containers, Raised Beds, and Small Plots
  • 52 Weekend Makeovers: Easy Projects to Transform Your Home Inside Out
  • The Bookshop of Yesterdays
  • How to Braise Everything: Classic, Modern, and Global Dishes Using a Time-Honored Technique
  • The Welcoming Garden: Designing Your Own Front Garden
  • The Nonstop Garden: A Step-by-Step Guide to Smart Plant Choices and Four-Season Designs
  • Attracting Beneficial Bugs to Your Garden: A Natural Approach to Pest Control
  • The Time Keeper
  • Girls Burn Brighter

News & Interviews

Are you new to reading mysteries and thrillers and feeling overwhelmed by where to start? As all good detectives know, narrowing down the list ...