Start by marking “Secrets, Lies and Locker 62” as Want to Read:
Secrets, Lies and Locker 62

Secrets, Lies and Locker 62

3.76  ·  Rating details ·  281 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Secrets have a special home at Mount Selwyn High. For years, students have posted their deepest desires and darkest fears in long-abandoned Locker 62.

And then the locker is assigned to new girl Maya. She could use the secrets to help people.
Or she could use them to become popular.
Maya, who was bullied, who will do anything to be popular, is now the most powerful girl at sc
Published August 30th 2012 by Quercus

Merin Joy
Feb 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I decided to read this book as the cover looked quite interesting and I haven't read any books by the author Lil Chase. The blurb at the back seemed interesting as well.

The box on the bingo board which fills this is "A book with a female main character" This is interesting as the character faces difficulty in school and even though she will do anything to be popular she uses the secrets to help people rather than to hurt them.

My favourite quote from this book is " Just be yourself and they will
SJH (A Dream of Books)
I really enjoyed Lil Chase's debut novel last year, 'Boys For Beginners' so I was pleased to have the opportunity to read and review her new book. The premise sounded intriguing - a locker in a school which holds everyone's secrets and deepest thoughts and the new girl who finds that she holds immeasurable power over her peers when she's assigned the aforementioned locker 62. Although I liked the general idea for the story, I'll admit that I had quite mixed feelings about it when I'd finished.

I
April Kan Hei Man
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Locker 62 are filled with secrets , deepest desires and fears of Mount Selwyn High students,Maya the new student is assigned locker 62.She is just a thirteen year old trying to survive high school like everybody does.All of this is in Maya's hands,she isn't as popular as those girls who bullied her,but these secrets made her powerful,she could use it to help people or...in a bad way.I was actually really excited to read this book as the story keeps going on,it becomes more interesting.It was gre ...more
Rena Breed
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heel leuk boek voor leeftijdcategorie C 12-15 jr.
Amy
May 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: british
I reviewed Secrets, Lies & Locker 62 @ Amy Bookworm also. There is a GIF in the review there :P

This book is just so much more than other "school stories". It's not even set in a boarding school, but this book is sensational. Or should be in more than one way. There's just the teeny weeny matter that it only has less than 50 ratings (Goodreads). It's on a few piles to be read... And if you ask me it should be one of the top ones.
Why? Technically I should've started Boys For Beginners first...
Charlie' (MyBooksAreCorrupted)
Well, well, this book.

I found this book online sometime last year but was never able to find it in stores. Well, thanks to my town library. I was able to finally able to read it.

Well, it didn't disappoint. You find yourself relating to Maya. I can't completely relate as I haven't been bullied as bad as she was, I have some experience in the area.

Maya, she is just a thirteen year old girl who is fighting to survive during high school. Battling lessons, teachers, best friends, the mean girls, boys
LH Johnson
Sep 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I picked up a proof of this at a conference I attended and I really didn't know what to expect. Lil Chase didn't ring a bell with me, but I decided to take a punt. And Oh My God, I'm so glad that I did.

Maya, new girl at Mount Selwyn High, is assigned Locker 62. It's the locker of secrets. Unused for years, it's become the repository of anything unsayable at school and everything in that locker is dynamite. And now, following a decision by the school to give her that locker, all of this is in May
Mehsi
Small review.

This was a really fun book. I really like the whole locker 62 and the fact that everyone just is under the impression that no one will ever get that locker.

Think again, our new girl gets that locker. And she wants to do good with all the secrets and confessions.

I however didn't like our main girl that much. She had wonderful friends, and she only cares about popularity for a lot of the time. Oh dear, I have this wonderful goth friend, but she is not popular. Oh dear, stress, panic
Luna
Apr 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: uk-authors
Maya is determined not to be bullied at her new school. With her mother she bought the clothes and had the fashionable haircut. Her first day doesn’t start out the way she planned. Assigned Locker 62 Maya opens the door to years worth of Mount Selwyn High student’s secrets.

Making friends with Goth girl Zeba doesn’t help doesn’t help Maya’s social standing but they, together with Maya’s BFF Frankie, decide to try help resolve some of secrets of Locker 62: crushes, a hidden talent for poetry, etc.
Eefje
Aug 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Hmm, een tegenvaller. Ik vond het uitgangspunt van dit boek intrigerend: een meisje dat nieuw is op school krijgt zonder het te weten een kluisje toegewezen van een meisje dat jaren geleden spoorloos is verdwenen. Sindsdien gebruikt de hele school dat kluisje, dat al jaren hermetisch afgesloten is, als een soort anoniem postvak voor geheimen. Het is aan de hoofdpersoon wat ze met de geheimen doet: gebruikt ze ze tegen de afzenders om populair te worden of helpt ze juist met hun geheimen? Jammer ...more
Liz
Oct 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Hmm... every character in this book is an idiot.
And Maya didn't seem to remember or be affected by anything that happened or that had been said or that she'd decided before, except during the time it was happening.
And yet, for a lot of this book, I found it really hard to put down.
And I like the way the pieces of the puzzle fell together at the end.
And I love the idea of Locker 62.
Although the ending didn't tell me everything I'd have liked to know.
Mariama
Oct 22, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked this book. It was interesting for a pre-teen type novel and I finished it in one sitting. I have a few problems with this book:

1. How Hitachi was described as "exotic". Seriously?
2. Her mothers obsession with being "cool"

Overall an enjoyable, easy, predictable read that I would recommend to girls aged between 11 and 14.
Abigail
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: really-good
Weird ending kind of sad because of likely this could happen but at the same time it's really amazing and makes for a great read
Katie Jane
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2stars, youngadult
read it today in English thought it was really nice and liked the twists and turns of events :)
Bibi
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Super leuk boek voor meiden vanaf een jaar of 12. Ik weet zeker dat ik er op die leeftijd (nog meer) van genoten zou hebben!
Natasha Pennock
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very good book. Sometimes funny and very enjoyable to read

Sem
Jul 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-that-i-own
It was fun to read it, nit very good but just really nice.
Ailish Burke
Sep 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Its was okay
Maham
Jun 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very entertaining also funny although ending could have been better.
Rebecca
Jan 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
i liked this book
Jacqui Hale
Feb 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book. Really good for teenage girls to show that everyone feels the same, lost, confused and anxious. Good twist at the end too.
Cara Di Leo
A brillently girly book which I could not put down!
Viola Sung
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nice plot, kept me wanting to read it <3
Ciara
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
great story a must read for all girls from 10-16 years very easy to follow without being easy or hard
Tayler Paterson
Jul 12, 2014
Talia Williamson
Dec 27, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • More Than a Love Song (Heartside Bay, #3)
  • Mortal Chaos (Mortal Chaos, #1)
  • Emma Hearts LA (Hearts Series, #2)
  • How to Keep a Boy as a Pet (Circe Shaw, #1)
  • Another Life (When I Was Joe, #3)
  • Being Billy
  • Remix
  • Soul Fire
  • Hidden (Hayling Cycle, #1)
  • A World Between Us
  • Shift (Realms, #1)
  • Kill All Enemies
  • Waiting For Gonzo
  • Songs About a Girl (Songs About a Girl, #1)
  • Cracks
  • Killing Honour
  • All of the Above
  • An Act of Love

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Loved (House of Night Other World #1)
    $11.00 $0.99
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
  • The Miseducation of Cameron Post
    $9.74 $1.99
  • I Am Not a Serial Killer (John Cleaver, #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • I Capture the Castle
  • Impulse (Jumper, #3)
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)