Start by marking “Perfect Party Food: All the Recipes and Tips You'll Ever Need for Stress-Free Entertaining from the Diva of Do-Ahead” as Want to Read:

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  45 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
How do you throw a party without stressing out? Plan ahead and do-ahead. This entertaining guide from Diane Phillips, the Diva of Do-Ahead, with help you get out of the kitchen and into your own party. She presents nearly 500 recipes that can all be made ahead of time--some days and even weeks--that taste delicious, and are designed to be served buffet style. Handy icons s ...more
Published September 16th 2005 by Harvard Common Press (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Perfect Party Food, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect Party Food

Aleeda
Aug 11, 2011 added it
With several hundred cookbooks in my home. I think long and hard before adding another one to the shelves. Perfect Party Food is worth making room for. The title of the book is misleading. The only thing that is consistently "party food" about this book is the size of the portions. Many recipes offer portions that will feed 10-12. The beauty of this book is the preparation; each recipe can be made ahead, to some extent, saving you time, and best of all, stress. I tried a few of the recipes in th ...more
Mary
Apr 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Diane's recipes give you a map on how to take the stress out of entertaining. The step by step directions and tips make this book invaluable to those of us who want to cook, but who also want to be free to enjoy our own parties and/or holidays. Adapting your your own tried and true recipes to her methods is simple and makes your cooking life easier.
Mary Ann
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the best cookbook my mom ever got me. I have cooked more out of this cookbook than any other cookbook ever in my 40 years of cooking. The "Diva" hints are very useful and make cooking for a crowd a breeze!
Farrah Soares Parker
Jan 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
For the past three years I have baked my ham by this book. The apple cider ham was delish last year!!!!
Jan 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Awesome new find. Great for entertaining.
Jill
Jul 04, 2013
Colleen
Feb 26, 2016
Liz
rated it did not like it
Mar 11, 2015