Start by marking “Soulmate (Night World, #6)” as Want to Read:
Soulmate (Night World, #6)

Soulmate

(Night World #6)

Love was never so scary...

The Night World is all around us - a secret society of vampires, werewolves, witches and creatures of darkness. They're beautiful - and deadly - and it's so easy to fall in love...

Something is haunting Hannah. Memories of a passion that has spanned the centuries.

But who - or what - is it that Hannah loves?

A vampire, lord of the Night World.

This so
Published July 23rd 1997 by Hodder Children's Books (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Soulmate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soulmate

Jessica Healy
Aug 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, vampires, lj-smith, fantasy
So I go back to LJ Smith every so often. They're my comfort books. This time round, recovering from a violent migraine made her blend of gentle romance/teen drama/supernatural elements particularly soothing.

Sometimes, no matter how hard I try otherwise, some problematic issues always crop up for me on rereading these. This time round, no matter how much I wanted to delve into romantic alternaworld, I found it really hard to get past the scenes where Hannah persists in falling in love with someb
Kushnuma
Sep 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
26 May 2019

Soulmate is book 6 in the Night World series.

This is another story that I absolutely love and adore. I love how we also see the characters from the previous books, who are all part of Circle Daybreak.
Elizabeth
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-reads
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
4 Star Read:
If you are romantic (like me) and like the sound of love lasting for thousands of years, this is the book for you.

Among some of my favorites. Outstanding literary work. The characters are well developed, interesting. The liked characters are likable and the hated are unlikable. The writing is captivating enough to keep you interested until the end and leave you wanting more. It has a fairly original or uniquely well-developed plot. The pretense and romance were well balanced and don
Kushnuma
The sixth in the Night World Series and another one of my favourites!
Leeanna
Dec 03, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own
Night World 6: Soulmate, by L. J. Smith

Hannah Snow has the perfect life - she's about to graduate from high school, she already has a college scholarship, and she even knows that she wants to be a paleontologist. But her perfect life starts to collapse when she finds notes that she doesn't remember writing, warning her of a dire event - "Dead Before Seventeen."

Increasingly disturbed by the notes and bad dreams, Hannah visits a psychiatrist. On her very first appointment, a werewolf crashes into
Alicia
I really enjoyed this book. Hannah has memories of her past life and her soulmate Thierry. She is not sure whether he is back to harm her or not. As the story progresses, we learn the truth about Hannah and Thierry's story.
Amy
Feb 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
⋆☆☽ Kriss ☾☆⋆
So, I do remember why I didn't remember this book.

It's.... really boring and badly done. The story's crux relies on the fact that the basic points aren't revealed. If the author had told us a bit of information sooner, the entire like mystery aspect would have went "poof" and the tale would have been just its lackluster climax.

For those who don't want to read this book to know what's up in this volume, Hannah is an "old soul" who has been reincarnated since the stone age. In each life she's Thie
Daphne
Oct 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I'd rate more as 3.5 stars.

My third Night World book, I've only read book 2 and 5 besides this one at the time of writing this review. This one mentions/features people that were in the previous books- I'm sure I missed some references since I didn't read all the books before this one, but there's briefly Rashel and Quinn from book 5, James and Poppy from book 1, and Ash from book 2. Anyways, this one's setting is in Montana, and follows the girl named Hannah Snow who thinks she's going crazy.
Chrissie
May 22, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-retro
So far, I liked this one the best (but I haven't read them all yet). Hannah is about to turn 17, and she's freaking out because she keeps finding notes written in her handwriting telling her things she doesn't understand. She goes to a psychologist, Paul, to try to work out what the hell is going on, and she uncovers a shocking revelation. She has had many lifetimes, and in each one, a woman vampire kills Hannah before her 17th birthday.

Thierry, Hannah's soulmate, also a vampire, has suffered o
Fleur
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
She was his soulmate. She was the one who was supposed to walk with him through different lives, being born and loving and dying and being born again. They’d been born for each other, to help each other grow and blossom and discover and evolve. They should have had many lives together. And none of it was going to happen. (454)

In Soulmate, Hannah visits a psychiatrist because she has bad dreams. She keeps finding notes with warnings on them, in her handwriting, but she doesn’t remember writing an
Amanda
Feb 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, this series is definitely overly repetitive. Each book is essentially the same plot with maybe a twist on what creatures are involved. Still, what makes them fun is what the new spin will be. I think there's a lot of interesting backstory being developed across the series, and I appreciate that there may be more thought put into the legends behind the Night World than the actual current day characters. That said, I liked the main characters in this story, and thought that their development m ...more
Anne
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet another favorite! I feel like I say that about every one of these books with the exception of a few… It was like the fourth book, Dark Angel, in the sense that they had more depth. There was more going on with the story line and characters; it was a tad more complicated than say the first three books in the series.

Thierry was mysterious, and I’m not going to lie, I fell for him a bit. He’s one of my favorite vampires and I hope to see more of him in the next books. And I just have to say th
Melissa
Full review for this series found here:
Night World, No. 1 (Vol #1-3):
Huntress, Black Dawn, and Witchlight
Night World, No.4 (Vol #10):
Strange Fate
Natalie
I really like most of the Night World stories, and have read them a few times. Soulmate is #6 in the collection, and one of my favorites. I like getting to know Thierry a bit, as I can't resist a vampire lord, 😉 and the Vegas scenes are enjoyable to me since I lived there years ago. Some mild language, violence, blood sucking, and a kiss or two.
~Princess of the Wild~Ms Tarzanie~ She's Crazy~
Vi
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
they're back in print.
EvaSuzanna
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-library
I skimmed through many parts of the story. It was not bad, just not that interesting.
Telisha
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Odd reincarnation circle that starts at the beginning of time.
Ben Winther
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just amazing and it wraps the whole series together.
Makayla
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good but a little disappointed wish it would have told more about Maya and Theorn(Thirrey)
Autum
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fun story from the Night World series; thought not my absolute favorite. I still found it to be very entertaining and an interesting take on supernatural romance.
Joy Landers
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Hannah has been reincarnated many times due to a wrongful death at the hand of her soulmate, who has tried for centuries to right the wrong
Orynthea
I actually liked this book. At first I was kind of skeptical about it. But it turned out to be a nice quick read which is always good for the soul.
Megan Liau
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my fav among others story
Falynn - the TyGrammarSaurus Rex
Not my favourite of this series, but an easy comforting re-read from my teens. This one always feels a little rushed to me. Hannah accepts everything a bit too easily! But still an enjoyable book.
Doree Weller
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Of all the Night World books, this is my favorite. I can't tell you how many times I've read it since it came out.
Roser
One of the best ones in my opinion. I enjoyed it so much!

General review, spoiler-free:

The Night World is the world with every dark creature you can imagine. Every "fictional" creature you know came from somewhere: The Night World.

Now, something weird, even for the Night World, is happening. Soulmates are appearing again. Two beings so connected, they are just meant to be. Every story of this series meant to culminate with the end of the world as we know focuses on different characters and how a
Hannah
MORE? MORE! @ P.S. I love that book!

EXPECTATIONS: Oh look this book is actually called Soulmate, hmm I wonder what it will be about hehe

THE WORLD: So in principle it is the same world as before. However, in this book our main character is reincarnated so she comes pretty much from stone age and that is what we get to see a lot and yay because I loved it to bits. It was a very cool addition to already super cool world. And yes, in this book we are following humans and vampires again.

CHARACTERS:
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Creatures of Forever (The Last Vampire, #6)
  • Vampire
  • Heart's Ease
  • Lord of the Abyss / Desert Warrior
  • Crimson Night (Crimson #2)
  • All Souls' Night (Blood Ties, #4)
  • Goodnight Kiss (Goodnight Kiss, #1: Fear Street Super Chiller, #3)
  • Party Weekend (Sweet Valley High, #143)
  • One Thing or Your Mother (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #10)
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th

Night World (10 books)
  • Secret Vampire (Night World, #1)
  • Daughters of Darkness (Night World, #2)
  • Spellbinder (Night World, #3)
  • Dark Angel (Night World, #4)
  • The Chosen (Night World, #5)
  • Huntress (Night World, #7)
  • Black Dawn (Night World, #8)
  • Witchlight (Night World, #9)
  • Strange Fate (Night World, #10)
“What do you do with somebody who
keeps killing you over and over?”
0 likes