Start by marking “Christ Our Reconciler: Gospel, Church, World” as Want to Read:
Christ Our Reconciler: Gospel, Church, World

Christ Our Reconciler: Gospel, Church, World

The Third Lausanne Congress in Cape Town, South Africa, covened in 2010, was hailed as the most representative gathering of the global church in the history of Christianity. Thousands of delegates from almost 200 nations gathered to hear from God and each other, as they cast new vision for world evangelization in the third millennium. Global leaders grappled with the most ...more
Published October 24th 2012 by IVP Books

To ask other readers questions about Christ Our Reconciler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christ Our Reconciler

Start your review of Christ Our Reconciler: Gospel, Church, World
James
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
In 1974, Billy Graham convened the first Congress on World Evangelization in Lausanne, Switzerland. The historic meeting brought together 2700 religious leaders from 150 different nations and out of it came the Lausanne covenant (drafted by a committee chaired by the late John Stott). That historic meeting set the trajectory for unity and partnership in mission for Evangelicals across the globe.

In 2010, the Third Lausanne Congress on World Evangelization was held in Capetown, South Africa (the s
Bob
Mar 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
In 1974 the first Lausanne conference was held, primarily a western enterprise exploring Christ's mandate to reach the majority world. One of the joys of this compendium of major presentations at the Third Lausanne Conference, in Capetown, South Africa in 2010, is the international representation of presenters at this conference. More truly, the mission enterprise is becoming from every nation to every nation.

Several themes struck me as I read this compendium. One was the vital importance of mai
Tim Hoiland
Jan 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: faith, justice
When 2,700 Christians from 150 countries gathered in Lausanne, Switzerland in 1974, it was, according to TIME, “a formidable forum, possibly the widest ranging meeting of Christians ever held.” As I wrote in Serving Justice vs. Saving Souls for RELEVANT late last year, that first Lausanne gathering represented a watershed moment for evangelicals, helping us move past the word-and-deed dychotomy that had no business existing in the first place.

A significant part of that initial gathering’s contri
Caitlin
Nov 12, 2017
T. Okerberg
Jan 28, 2018
A case of mistaken identity 1 1 Mar 24, 2013 03:04PM
Julia Cameron is Director of Publishing for The Lausanne Movement. She lives in Oxford.

News & Interviews