Start by marking “Giftedness 101” as Want to Read:
Giftedness 101

Giftedness 101

In my estimation Giftedness 101 ranks high among authoritative texts devoted to this particular population of children. It not only offers thorough experience and knowledge-based insights to those who are already or are contemplating serving the social emotional needs of these children in the future, but also those who profess to educate future teachers, those who would ...more
Published December 12th 2012 by Springer Publishing Company (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Giftedness 101, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Giftedness 101

Start your review of Giftedness 101
Beth Gea
Oct 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Gifted is how a person is wired, not what a person produces.

Este libro es interesante como introducción y me ha abierto los ojos en muchos aspectos relacionados con las personas gifted, que en castellano se traduce por superdotada o persona con altas capacidades. Son conceptos y palabras que, la mayoría de veces, vienen cargadas de connotaciones negativas.

El libro está orientado a psicólogos o profesionales de la educación que quieran saber más sobre este campo tan estigmatizado y se nota,
Corin
Jan 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a really terrific book! I'm really impressed at how much information has been packed into it, how accessible it is (without talking down to the audience), and how well the author has parsed the many key issues in the world of giftedness. Parents and mental health professionals with find this book incredibly useful. I look forward to gushing about it far & wide. I think it is a book that was badly needed and will really fill a niche.

Zooey
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I devoured this book. Don't let the tacky title throw you off (lol, I didn't expect much of it at first because of the "101" part). Every piece of information was incredibly valuable, insightful and backed by research. It helped me so much to understand myself better.

One thing which has helped me exceptionally is the visual-spatial learner concept. I have struggled so much in the education system which is based on step by step auditory-sequential learners. Learning about visual-spatial learning
Lindsay Smith-Munoz
Useful, but the book mentioned self-actualization a number of time and then spent very little time describing it or how to reach it.
Yuliana
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: education
Very straight to the point, informative. Good starting book on giftedness.
Erica
Jan 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014, homeschool-edu
Well written. Silverman makes an excellent presentation on why studying the gifted population matters, on how their inner world works, on how and why to test, etc. Even though I have read quite a bit on giftedness lately, I found new/better presented information in here. A book that all gifted teachers/psychologists ought read.
Heather Shoemaker
A must read if your child is gifted

Very well written and easy to read. The many references to resources was extremely helpful. I enjoyed reading this book and I look forward to the many joys and challenges of raising gifted children.
Sudha Neelakantan
Informative overview

You should read this if you think you have a gifted child. Wish I'd read this years ago. Culturally, both in my adopted country and country of birth giftedness is seen as a sign of elitism,pushing yourself forwArd.moving past the labels is important
Karla Archer
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giftedness, faith
Fantastic book! This should be required reading in EVERY teacher education and psychology program.
Excellent overview of giftedness and all that it encompasses.
bookme4life
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, nonfiction, study
4.5 STARS

Easily the best book I've read on the topic so far. It's also more current than most of the material out there, more affordable, and available as an eBook.
Grace
Oct 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Linda Silverman has dedicated her life to improving the supports for the gifted. This is an excellent book for anyone expanding their understanding. Excellent for parents and educators.
Karen Merriam
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Thorough overview of the underserved, complicated world of the gifted population.
Terrikuns
Jun 19, 2014
Carola Strömstedt
May 03, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Next Always (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy, #1)
  • Reader, Come Home: The Reading Brain in a Digital World
  • The Cookbook Collector
  • The Last Boyfriend (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy, #2)
  • Little Book of Restorative Justice: A Bestselling Book By One Of The Founders Of The Movement
  • The Skin That We Speak: Thoughts on Language and Culture in the Classroom
  • Intuition
  • Mary Stewart's Merlin Trilogy (Arthurian Saga, #1-3)
  • Hunger: A Novella and Stories
  • The Curious World of Calpurnia Tate (Calpurnia Tate, #2)
  • Nowhere Boy
  • A World Without Heroes (Beyonders, #1)
  • Seeds of Rebellion (Beyonders, #2)
  • The Perfect Hope (Inn Boonsboro Trilogy, #3)
Linda Kreger Silverman, Ph.D., is a licensed clinical and counseling psychologist who has contributed more than 300 publications to the field, including the textbook Counseling the Gifted and Talented, based on Dabrowski's theory, and Upside-Down Brilliance: The Visual-Spatial Learner. She founded and directs the Institute for the Study of Advanced Development and its subsidiary, the Gifted ...more