Start by marking “The End Of All Worlds” as Want to Read:
The End Of All Worlds

The End Of All Worlds

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  26 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Eleanor, a literature graduate with a passion for the old legends, is lost and feared dead when she becomes separated from her group on an expedition in the Icelandic Highlands, but emerges out of the wilds nine days later with stories of the huldufolk.

Kindle Edition, First, 430 pages
Published May 17th 2012 by Shepline Words (first published May 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The End Of All Worlds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The End Of All Worlds

Zoe
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If I only had one word to sum up this book, it would simply be "wow". I became intrigued by this book after reading the synopsis and reviews, and thought I had a pretty good idea of what it would be like. I was wrong. This book is so much more than you can imagine before reading it, and I would highly recommend this book to many others (and indeed, I already have done).

We start with Eleanor who is in Iceland with a group of friends on a climbing holiday. Interspersed with this, we are given an i
Lindaknighthall
Jun 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
Not my "usual" thing, I wasn't sure this book was going to hold my interest for the duration. I needn't have worried!
Combining modern science and ancient folklore, this book takes you on a journey from the dangers of Iceland's natural elements to the supernatural world of the huldufolk and their fight to preserve their ancient home and protect them, and us, from evil.
Starting off it was, seemingly, a tale of one woman's survival against the unforgiving Icelandic weather and her family's strugg
ReadandRated
Aug 16, 2012 rated it liked it
The author's blurb reads:

Ódinn, who has committed crimes in his own world and has been cast out to walk the world of men for all eternity, desires to return home. He enlists the help of Charles Ancell, a young, ambitious, aluminum developer to bui
E.M. Tippetts
May 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: indie
A clever mix of the modern day world and Norse mythology, this book begins with an Englishwoman being lost in the Icelandic highlands, only to return with a very strange story to tell. While the fantasy aspects of the book are as magical as one would expect, the storyline in modern day Iceland is every bit as fascinating and well drawn. This book has a huge cast of characters who are spread across multiple locations, both real and mythical, and while the plot is driven by scientifically explaine ...more
Rebecca
Oct 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-free
I mostly enjoyed this, but found some sections difficult to follow. The author played with time extensively, which made things more complicated. Although fluent in Danish, which has similarities to the Icelandic, I also sometimes found the foreign words made things difficult to follow. I imagine that would be worse for someone to whom they are completely foreign. But I found the idea and the story very interesting.

As usual, a bit more editing and proofreading would be helpful. I found missing co
Rachel
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
OMG, fantastic read!!!! This book is very well written as it jumps from one world to the next, but could be easily followed through. I have found that this is a trouble in some books I have read, but not this one. Everything comes together in the end which leaves you thinking... Oh yeah ;0)
Can't wait for the next instalment.....hopefully Shepherd is writing it now???
Emma Shepherd
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It has a good mixture of science and fantasy in it and keeps you rivited throughout. The folklore and history in Iceland is fascinating and I can't wait to visit there to find out more. I will be expecting to see huldufolk hiding in the rocks of course.
SoManyBooks SoLittleTime (Aven Shore)
I want my time back
Jan 25, 2015
OndineBlue
Sep 15, 2017
T.E. Shepherd
May 17, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
James
Sep 28, 2014
Ben
Sep 29, 2014
Thoughts and feelings 1 2 Oct 23, 2012 05:15AM
FREE TODAY Urban fantasy of norse myths & climate science 1 2 Jun 07, 2012 12:54PM
I was born and grew up in Lowestoft, Suffolk before moving to Cheshire to study a degree in Creative Arts. Having worked as an electronic production editor for science and academic publishers in Oxford, I now work as a Web and Digital Media Officer for a top modern university. I live in Oxfordshire with my wife Emma and our seven cats, four chickens, two bunnies and a hamster.

I'm different. I'm no