Start by marking “Birth of the Nyxian (The Immortal Choice, #1)” as Want to Read:
Birth of the Nyxian (The Immortal Choice, #1)

Birth of the Nyxian

(The Immortal Choice #1)

Harlow Garrington is a twenty-six year old woman left alone in the world when her family perished in a tragic accident. She led a quiet life and lived in her books until a chance meeting brought Aiden into her life. He was smart, sexy, and chivalrous- everything she wanted in a man. There was just one problem; he was also an eight hundred year old vampire.

Nearly a
Published May 9th 2012 by Birth of the Nyxian

To ask other readers questions about Birth of the Nyxian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Birth of the Nyxian

Start your review of Birth of the Nyxian (The Immortal Choice, #1)
Stacey
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
The story itself is wonderful! It was new and original and I really enjoyed it. However, the love story was so mushy that it became annoying, and I love a good romance.

I also felt like the conversations between characters didn't flow. It felt very forced, staccato like, or disjointed.

Also the different POVs weren't distinct enough. At times I'd be reading from the POV of Aiden and I didn't realize it was him until he said something to Harlow.

I would be interested to read another book in the
Jennifer Treviño
5 star FABULOUS!!! This book is awesome to say the least! It is full of action, adventure, romance, true love, seduction, emotional turmoil, & paranormal greatness! It's got vampires, goddesses/gods, demons, nymphs, necromancers, & all sorts of other worldly fun! I LOVED it!!
Harlow appears to be this shy normal loner of a woman just living her life, but soon shines as this brilliant heroine that could take on the world. Her quirkiness & love of history make her truly unique, &
Jessica
I do not get why this book was rated so highly. The story had potential but it seemed pretty repetitive.
Yeah, yeah, yeah... they are both perfect soo for each other *rolls eyes*; both super rich, never wanting for anything but family, blah blah blah. And we got it, he is 820 years old (I think they mentioned that no less than 20 times) and that she is super accepting of the vampire thing...
There was some drama, but not what I was craving. And of course it ended perfectly. But I guess you like
Vichy
Now...what did I think? A mortal female who is stronger than a male vampire or a male vampire subdued by a mortal female? An interesting approach for that matter..This kind of vampire love story with a superior (or shall I say epic?) female is newly found. At least the book was easily read, with lots of mythology elements, on the run scenery, boiling in love.
Erica
Dec 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. I could not stop reading. I enjoyed the storyline and the plot. I can't wait to read the next in this series I think I have found a new series to devour.
Joseph Gelinas
Sep 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
October 21, 2012 by josephgelinas

I will be startingt all my reviews with the same information. I am far from an expert. I am just a fan that was given the opportunity to share my opinion. I encourage everyone to go and read all the books that I am reviewing and form your own opinions. That is what I would do!

The Pro’s:

This story was right up my alley. I have always enjoyed a good romance novel and this one was better than most. I loved it right from the beginning. Often when you read a lot of
Shona Booky Ramblings of a Neurotic Mom
Aiden is a young Irish Knight living in the 1200's, who one night tries to help a young woman only to find himself being turned into a creature of the night. Luckily for him he was turned by force and with help from the Goddess Nyx he is able to retain some of his humanity, and no longer suffers from the blood lust that has caused him to kill so many innocents.
Skip forward about 800 years and we find Harlow, a young single woman with no real family. Thanks to a rather large insurance settlement
Melina Turner
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amanda R. Browning's immortal choice throws you into an anciennt world mixed from mythical creatures to gods. the storyline was fluid, the characters were built throughout the book and the romance is true.
there were a few mistakes, that arent visible to the usual eye…as i am part scottish/irish i found this quite awesome loved the little strands of gaelic here and there.
What got me most about this book is exactly the same with Aneesa Prices - Coffin Girls, the vampires arent plain vampires. like
Cat
Mar 13, 2013 rated it liked it
For about 85% of this book, I couldn't wait to be done. Although I really liked both of the characters, separately, I thought together it was too much. They were just so darn perfect for each other; from their hobbies and interests, they just always seemed to be on the same wave-length. I also felt that Aiden was so unlike any other vampire it was unbelievable (literally). Then the climax of the book comes and much is revealed...it all comes together. And all the cheesey-lovey-dovey-ness was ...more
Jessica
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Birth of Nyxian has great characters. Even though this book has vampires, it also has other mythical creatures. A great balance between good and evil. The author decribes everything with such detail. I liked the way she switched up the chapters between the characters to get their point of view on things and how they feel about it. I like how the characters were pieced together. Great imagination on the authors part. Strong feeling within the story but sweet and passionate. There's some great ...more
Adriana
Firstly i would like to say thankyou to the Author Amanda R Browning for giving me the opportunity to read and review your awsome book.

Right from the start i loved Harlow she was so strong and independant and what can i say about our hot sexy suductive vampire Aiden. I loved the telling of Aiden's history, it lets you see where he came from and why he is who he is today.

I loved how the relationship between Aiden and Harlow developed. I loved that at the start Aiden basically told her he wanted
Paula Mccue
Jul 12, 2012 rated it liked it
I got this book free and Im pretty happy I didn't have to pay for it, There was no build up and I didn't really like the characters, Harlow was just to happy all the time and jumped head first in to everything, I found myself skimming most pages because I was bored and the author seemed to be more interested in giving you every detail of there surroundings rather than give the characters more depth. Didn't think I would manage to finish the story but I persevered. There was just to much going on ...more
Theresa
Aug 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
On a star lite night, walking home Harlow runs into the most beautiful man who happens to be a vampire. She could`nt run because of her love for vampires.He was so intrigued by her he couldn`t kill her.
Amanda has wrote the story of being with a vampire. One that every woman thinks of while dreaming of being with one.
Harlow & Aiden have Hades & his daughter Lilith after them. They want Aiden & they`ll go through Harlow to get to him. But not if Nyx can help it.
After the battle
Amy
Nov 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
www.the-book-diaries.blogspot.com

What a cute read. I really enjoy the mythology stories, especially ones that inter grain other supernatural creatures within it. Birth of the Nyxian is first and foremost a love story. Most of the action/adventure is at the very end but it does not disappoint. The chemistry between Harlow and Aiden is breathtaking and intense. There are some points where it begins to be a little cheeky but for me it was easy to overlook. I like the intelligence that she gives her
Debra
Dec 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I like the direction the book took and look forward to the next one. I really liked Harlow, she was strong and didn't sit around crying over her situation waiting for some guy to rescue her. What I didn't like was the way they spoke with each other, to me it was a bit over done with all of the darlings, eternal love, etc. I also don't care for a lot of sex in the books I read, I prefer to leave it to the imagination, however that can easily be fixed by skipping pages. Overall though the story ...more
Lauree Waldrop
Sep 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I just finished this book and it was one of the best I've read in a while! The romance happened quickly but was still believable and the way the author intertwined all the different types of mythology was impressive. I felt a connection with the characters and the action kept me on the edge. I will definitely be continuing the series. I had never heard of this book before I got it and it really is a hidden gem!
Danielle
Dec 18, 2012 rated it liked it
This book was a great romance novel complete with a little bit of action, emotional turmoil, and just dripping with lots of otherworldly creatures to spice up the plot. As a personal preference the romance parts did get a bit too "lovey-dovey" and there are only so many "I love yous" and "you are my world, I would go to hell for you" that can fit in one paragraph. The picture was clear so don't over-do-it.
Alissa Chandler
Aug 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: adults as there are pretty graphic sexual content
Shelves: recommended
I really love the story line as it did not follow the carbon copy outline... boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy must rescue girl... blah blah blah. There was a concept in the story line that does not follow cookie cutter format. There was sexual tension, mildly graphic scenes. Over all it was a great read. This book kept me turn pages when I should have been sleeping.
Ruth Griffith
May 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really like the strong, independent female hero who pulls data from her head better than most men, doesn't hide her intelligence or strength of character, and still gets the guy! The mix of historical fact and classic lore with the imagination of the author is a powerful read. Love it!!! A must read!
Irayda Moran (Quezada)
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the love story between Harlow & Aiden. Harlow was a very strong & intelligent main character; who no matter what happen she was determined to live each day with the love of her life Aiden.
Patricia Yost
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
looks and sounds awesome...
Robin Mackey
Mar 20, 2015 rated it liked it
It was ok enough for me to want the 2nd one
Lauren Sanders-johns
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. There were so many new and interesting gods and creatures to learn about as well as a ton of detail. Job well done. Can't wait for Book 2 tomorrow.
Vanessa Garcia velazquez
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book can't wait to read the next one.the characters were well written and the story perfect
Charlie Daye
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Can't wait for the next book!
Stephanie
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this! :)
Shenanigans
More reviews and book-related shenanigans can be found on my blog,
Musings Of An Aspiring Author.

As some of you know - and most of you care nothing about - I decided to start an Author Of The Month thing and I started with Amanda R. Browning and her first book titled Birth Of The Nyxian.

That being said, I didn't care much for what I read and I only got about 45% done. I started it on 7/21, or so Goodreads says, and on 8/10, I was only 45% done. It never takes me that long to read a book. And
EndlessReading
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Amanda for this great opportunity in giving me these books to read and to review.

I can imagine it can be quite frustrating for an author to give out copies of their book and not receiving a review as promised, so THANKYOU!!!

******

Here we meet the lovely Harlow Garrington.

Harlow has been living a lonely and secluded life for the past 26 years. She has lived in her own little bubble and doesn't socialize much.

She has no family as unfortunately they died when she was younger,
Emily
Dec 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
I am on the fence with this one. I think I downloaded this book with the expectation that it would be an action book with a touch of romance, when really it is a romance book with a touch of action.

It started out strong and I was hooked for the first chunk of the book, I loved the unique take on vampires, but then I got annoyed. The romance felt rushed and unrealistic – infatuation and lust after knowing each other for a few days I would buy, but full blown love of my life that I will run away
Angus
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A different kind of vampire book where the species is linked to Greek Mythology. The story starts out in Montana with an encounter between a loner history fanatic woman gazing at stars and a hungry chivalrous vampire not controlled by Hades. They meet, romance and end up on the run as Lillith, Hades daughter and recruiter, discover that the vampire Aiden is vulnerable through his new love interest. The mega wealthy Aiden spirits, Harlow-history fanatic, around the world attempting to avoid ...more
Thank you all for the reviews! 1 2 Jul 27, 2013 10:26PM

• Genesis (The Chronicles of Benjamin Dragon, #3)
  • The Rebel of Raleigh High (Raleigh Rebels #1)
  • Freaks (Dirty Nasty Freaks, #3)
  • Roma King (Roma Royals Duet #1)
  • Breathing Fire (Heretic Daughters #1)
  • War (The Four Horsemen, #2)
  • N9ne: The Tale of Kevin Clearwater (King, #9)
  • Pepped Up (Pepper Jones, #1)
  • Bloodstained Beauty
  • Forever and Never (Magnolia Cove, #2)
  • Justice (Galilee Falls Trilogy, #1)
  • Galilee Rising (Galilee Falls Trilogy, #2)
  • Fall of Heroes (Galilee Falls Trilogy #3)
Hello all! I appreciate you stopping by and showing an interest! I am Amanda Browning, paranormal fiction author. I've been married to a wonderful man for the last eight years and we have four children together. Our oldest is in kindergarten and the youngest is four.
We live out in the country in southern Indiana and one of my favorite things to do is stargaze on a clear new moon night. I have

The Immortal Choice (2 books)
  • Phoenix Awakened (The Immortal Choice, #2)