Start by marking “Together at Christmas” as Want to Read:
Together at Christmas

Together at Christmas

It's Christmas Eve, and a family of ten mice shivers in the snow. One by one, each mouse finds a place to stay warm, only to discover that they'd rather huddle together on this holiday night. With gently rhyming text and charming illustrations, this picture book is a wonderful readaloud at Christmastime.
Published September 1st 2012 by Albert Whitman Company

To ask other readers questions about Together at Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Together at Christmas

Suzanne Kunz Williams
This book make me feel a little sad. I felt sorry for the animals out on the cold winter night. I felt sorry when they all found lonely although warm places to shelter from the wind and cold. I was so happy when the little mice all got back together to celebrate with friends.

If you like to pair books with aromatherapy as much as I do, I think the perfect pairing for this book would be doTERRA's Holiday Peace. You can only buy it around Christmas time. But that's the time you are usually reading
Ashlyn Stelmach
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was so cute! I definitely want to read this to my little cousins next winter!
Danette
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it
A counting Christmas book.

12/22/17 Read with Julia.
Gina
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
A heartwarming story with sweet illustrations.
Arminzerella
Kimberly
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-favorites
I loved the illustrations in this book, they were beautiful. I also liked the rythm of this story, it flowed nicely. I was surprised to see it was a counting book as the title and the cover have no indication. I think I liked it more finding this out because it grabbed my kids attention right away when counting was involved. I can't put my finger on it, but i kept thinking this book layout didn't match it's story quite right, I think i would have done the placement of the pages a little differen ...more
Nessa Morris
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When you think of Christmas, what's the first thing that comes to mind?

Rodents, of course!

Ok, at first, it may not seem like rodents and Christmas go together, but as you'll see from this story ... mice and Christmas do go together. In fact, mice make tasty Christmas treats. Chocolate mice. Not the mice in the story.

Read the rest of my review at Opening a Can of Bookworms.
Dewey
Nov 24, 2015 rated it liked it
This story was cute enough, but the whole "ten little mice out freezing in the cold" tone of the story was kind of a bummer for me. The ending is nice, but the rest of it just seems like a little bit of a downer. With all of the Christmas and winter picture books out there, you can definitely find better.
Matthew
Apr 26, 2013 rated it liked it
A counting story for Christmas. The mice want to find a dry place to pass the night and they do so one by one. However, they want to spend the holiday together even more. They come together and find a place they share for the holiday.
Robin
Dec 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas-books
A sweet story paired with outstanding illustrations make this book a must read! The 10 mice want to stay warm but it seems that none of the warm spots on this cold winter night are big enough for all of them. Might even be one to buy for your home collection.
Kendra
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
The story is sweet and the illustrations are fitting for the mood and season. Some of the rhymes, however, were weird for me. It's totally a personal thing, but I hate it when part of a couplet is in the middle of a sentence. Just makes it hard to read very smoothly.
Aileen Stewart
Dec 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This beautiful Christmas book by Eileen Spinelli is a story of ten cold mice who leave their huddle one at a time to find shelter from the storm. Each does indeed find a place of refuge, but in the end they realize something even more important then enjoying a cozy dwelling alone.
Jen
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved this book and so have my elementary students. It is a counting book about some mice who are searching for a warm spot on Christmas, but then decide that the best place to be at Christmas is together.
LJ
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved the sweet message and the vibrant full-apread art.
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
Sweet illustrations, but I just couldn't get into the story/rhymes.
Paula
Ten little mice, huddled together in Christmas snow, go off one by one to find warm places to sleep, but soon decide they would rather be together celebrating the special night.
Shawn
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Cute story with rhyming prose. Fun to read aloud.
Sharon
Dec 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Cute Book

This was a nice little story, the kind where the payoff comes at the end with a sweet and tender and joyful resolution.
PWRL
Sep 17, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Jacqueline
Aug 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Lovely art for this Christmas/counting story. Perfect for a holiday storytime.
Anne
Dec 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
magical illustrations by a Chinese artist
a countdown book
not very Christmasy, very wintry
nice for threes
Vicki
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture
A book about being together at Christmas time. Wonderful illustrations, great for counting down for the young ones listening.
Amy
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Christmas tale that involves counting backwards mice.
Chrissy
Dec 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kid-s-stuff
Lovely little winter story, with totally adorable mice
Alice
Aug 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Don't like mice...don't love Christmas, but it was a cute enough story. About Christmas or counting. Nice illustrations but..mice...ick!
Peacegal
Nov 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Much better than most Christmas picture books.
Leah
Awjtf
Nov 08, 2012
Joan Marie
Jan 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Ten little mice find shelter for Christmas Eve.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Eileen Spinelli, wife of famed children's author Jerry Spinelli, is an award winning children's book author from southeastern Pennsylvania.