Start by marking “Happy Birthday, Tree!: A Tu B'Shevat Story” as Want to Read:
Happy Birthday, Tree!: A Tu B'Shevat Story

Happy Birthday, Tree!: A Tu B'Shevat Story

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  41 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Tu B'Shevat is a Jewish holiday known as "New Year for Trees" or "Birthday of the Trees," a day that celebrates trees and taking care of our environment. In this story, which takes place on Tu B'Shevat, a little girl named Joni presents her favorite climbing tree with a special birthday gift.
Published September 1st 2012 by Albert Whitman Company

To ask other readers questions about Happy Birthday, Tree!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Birthday, Tree!

Romane
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
A very wonderful book about a little girl named Joni who seeks to find different ways to appreciate the trees to commemorate Tu B'Shevat — a Jewish holiday.

The illustrations are really good and I admire the idea that the little ones see and appreciate things in a different light. Adults often take little things for granted and this book reminds me that there are many wonders in this world, we just have to open our eyes and look around. Joni and Nate are so cute! I wish I could turn back to the t
Judy
This is a special book about appreciating nature and how it is our job to take care of the nature around us. The story is of a young girl who has a favorite climbing tree in her front yard. When Tu B’Shevat comes around, she wants to help her tree celebrate its birthday. She and her friend find lots of ways to honor the tree and realize that the best thing to do is to plant another tree so that it has a companion. The fact that they give the tree a companion shows how we need to remember that na ...more
Colette
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great book for Arbor day. Joni wants to really feel like the tree in her front yard is celebrating Tu B'Shevat, or the "New Year for Trees". She doesn't feel it at first until she comes up with plans, then everyone joins in and the neighborhood celebration of trees. Party hats are included, and Joni is a true tree huger!
Margie
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Madelyn Rosenberg's fresh, lively narrative combined with the vibrant illustrations of Jana Christy make this a book that can be enjoyed again and again. This is a joy to read.
My full review:
Kim Patton
Sep 19, 2013 rated it liked it
A great story about a girl recognizing the importance of her tree and celebrating the Jewish holiday, Tu B'Shevat. This will be informative for those kids that have never heard of this tradition, and educational for all as we think about how to treat trees and their value.
Shari
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
A beautiful story that will be meaningful to an audience far wider than observant Jewish children. It speaks to children's inherent connection with nature and really helps to start the conversation about what the world needs from us as humans and fellow creatures on the planet. Delightful!
Melissa
How nice to have books that quietly and matter-of-factly reflect how--for children of observant families--prayer and acts of service are tucked into their days among birthday hats and being with friends.
CFAITC
Jan 01, 2013 added it
Shelves: primary
Follow Joni in her search of the perfect birthday present for her favorite tree while discovering what trees need to grow.
Edward Sullivan
Aug 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
A cheerful story about a Jewish tree-planting holiday with a broader message about the need to respect and care for the natural world.
Ray Litt
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good intro to tu b'shevat

Very sweet. Good first book for young ones. My daughters loved it, and loved the fast delivery of kindle unlimited!
Anne Marie
Jan 20, 2014
Bookbelle
Aug 05, 2014
Madelyn
May 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
BRA. (Biased Review Alert.)
Lisa
Sep 16, 2013
Debbie
Apr 13, 2013
Dan
rated it did not like it
Oct 12, 2017