Start by marking “Todavia Remueve Piedras” as Want to Read:
Todavia Remueve Piedras

Todavia Remueve Piedras

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  4,546 Ratings  ·  117 Reviews
God is still ready to perform His prodigious acts and miracles of Bible times.

Waiting for a miracle? Lucado highlights 10 New Testament miracles to show you how Christ understands and responds to the very real hopes, hurts, and hardships of ordinary people like you and me. Some of the topics covered are: overcoming shame, facing discouragement, genuine gestures of faith, w
Paperback
Published October 12th 2011 by Editorial Unilit (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Todavia Remueve Piedras, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Todavia Remueve Piedras

Joanne Wiklund
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life according to Max Lucado can be made so much better by allowing Jesus to meet your needs. He documents problems which others have conquered while leaning on the Lord. Max's writing is concise, well-stated and documented if you are a believer.

If you aren't, he promises to show you a better way to tangle with the weird ways the world challenges us and drives people to despair. He does what he says. The book reads like a conversation with a true friend. Max has answers to questions you didn't k
Mallory
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-living
Lucado takes stories we think we know from Scripture and draws us deeper in, showing us the broken, weary people Jesus works through are just like me and you. Highly recommended for anyone going through a tough time in their life.

Favorite quotes: "We have to move beyond the naive expectation that if we do good, people will treat us right. The fact is they may and they may not - we cannot control how people respond to us."

"[Satan] didn't take Martha out of the kitchen; he took away her purpose
The Book Man
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
~ ”Christ still sends message to the unworthy. And He still uses the unworthy as messengers.
After all, look who‘s reading this book. And look who wrote it.” (Lucado is AMAZING!!!)

~ ”Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. Faith is the belief that God will do what is right.”

~ ”The God who spoke still speaks. The God who forgave still forgives. The God who came still comes. He comes into our world. He comes into your world. He comes into your world. He comes to do what you can’t.
Kellene
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes you just need a reminder that God still cares and still makes a difference...
Bethany White
Aug 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Max Lucado is inspiring and inventive in his efforts to renew the faith of his readers. This book offers the stories of the ultimately downtrodden and seemingly unforgivable. It is this exact collection of stories which offers the unpredictable outcome of forgiveness and mercy, not only from God, but among family and community as well. These are stories which couldn’t possibly offer potential or healing, and yet each of these current testimonials, coupled with related Scripture, do just that.

I
Stephanie
Jun 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inspirational
This is the type of book that one needs to keep and reread from time to time. It seems we get so wrapped up in our day to day lives that we forget the source of our good fortune and reason that we are blessed. We forget that simply because we do not have what social media says we should have, nevertheless, we have more that we need if we seek to listen for God's words and to remember what He sent Jesus to do to remind us that through God anything is possible and that sometimes he puts up road bl ...more
S
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book. This book really hits home with issues that each of us face throughout our life. It explains how to overcome those issues and best cope with life. I always enjoy reading Max Lucado and gain such vast knowledge from his writing. He is a truly inspired writer.
Kelley
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very inspiring and thought provoking book. Max is a great author. His books read as if he is sitting around a campfire telling a story.
Tbastron
Apr 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Max once again is masterful at painting such great illustrations with his writing. He is so gifted in that area.
Janet Ferguson
Jan 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction, adult
I read this book while recovering from a miscarriage. Max Lucado makes the Gospel so easy to understand and powerful. Everyone should read at least one of his books. They are easy to read.
Tena
Oct 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was given to me at a time in my life that I needed to hear from God. It is very uplifting and touches your soul. We think that there is no hope left. But, God is always there for us. We are his children. This book will bring that back to you. Enjoy this encouragement and pass it along to a friend who needs it.
Lenita Sheridan
Apr 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Great Book Full of Miracles

Max Lucado is my favorite Christian contemporary author and it's no wonder. He really knows how to engage the reader. His writing is never dry or without spark. That can be said for this book and his other books as well. What makes this book unique is that it is about miracles, and he teaches us in his writing that they can still happen today.
Dan Hamman
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The story of the ultimate Stone Mover.

I used the book as a daily devotional. Max Lucado has a God given talent to open the scriptures in new and amazing ways that lets the reader see Christ in ways they never thought of before. An inspiring time spent with our Lord and Savior. A great way to start ones day. Thank you, Max.
Meowzette
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Encouraging Book

Max Lucado writes in a fluid and down-to-earth manner; like you were sitting together discussing scripture and God’s love. There is a section at the end for further discussion if reading this book in a group setting.
Andrea Del Rio
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Es un verdadero placer poder leer a este escritor.
Su forma de escribir tan sencilla, pero con un mensaje tan profundo que te llega al corazón.
Definitivamente buscaré más libros de Max Lucado.
Lena Nel
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely amazing. A must read!
Lloyd Hinkle
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good book on considering that Jesus is still moving stones today
Patrick Conley
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stories of faith in adverse circumstances, and told in Lucado's ever positive style.
Tim Sheppard
Jun 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hard-copy
Got this one as a gift from my Grandma. I love how Lucado breaks down truths into bits that get at your whole being. Especially true for me as a Dad to two little boys...

DESPERATE DADS GO TO JESUS

Jairus is the leader of the synagogue. That may not mean much to you and me, but in the days of Christ, the leader of the synagogue was the most important man in the community. The synagogue was the center of religion, education, leadership, and social activity. The leader of the synagogue was the senio
Carol
Apr 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you Max Lucado – I needed that! A stroll through stories in the Bible of hurting people & their God, my God, who “moved stones” then, now & forevermore!

Hebrews 10:35-36 (NIV)
35 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.
36 You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.

p 67 Faith = “A conviction that He can & a hope that He will.”

p 68 “Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. Faith is
Nikki
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazing and very inspirational. I love every book by Max Lucado. I have never picked up one I didn't enjoy or that I could not relate to in some way. This one had a few spots that were kind of slow and that didn't really connect to me and my life but I am sure there is someone somewhere that has read this book and needed to hear what was written there. I wish everyone would read a book like this. It is very encouraging and great for Christians who need a refresher and to bring thei ...more
Paul
Aug 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: completed
Max Lucado, brings to life in simple terms the obsticles and emotions that we suffer with that block us from receiving the bounty of God's Love and grace. He writes storys that resonate with our own lives, and the answers are there for you to follow. This is not doctrinal theology, but a heartfelt attempt at putting God within our reach.
I have never been disappointed with a Lucado book. His amazing love and willingness to help, virtually leaps of the pages.
God still moves stones and max inspires
Aug 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of my high school teachers gave this to me as I was going through one of the darkest periods in my life. I read it over and over again, clinging to the hope Max Lucado breathed into those pages and weeping for the faith I knew I was losing. Lucado has a particular style that can be difficult to read, but if you're willing to let yourself go and hear what he has to say, it's more than worth your time.
Gene Sweeney
May 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thought provoking.

This book is a good read. It deals with a study of writing style of the bible and ask questions that . makes you examine why you think as you do. Is this the way you really think or the way you think you should think. Are you self serving or serving others. It is a good study of the writings I. the bible. If you under take this reading it could take some time and beneficial.
Melinda Richmond
Encouraging and full of truth

This book was an enormous encouragement to me right after I lost my hearing and the life I had known up until that point. I was desperate for physical healing but this book showed me the healing I really needed, and that was spiritual healing. Lots of great stories from Scripture to point you to the Truth!
Julie
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lucado makes the miracles of the Bible come alive in such a way that it is easy to apply the truths to our daily life. Our daughter was sick for 2 1/2 years, the doctors were out of ideas for us, and all we could do was cling to God. When you're up against a wall and all you can do is pray for a miracle, this book will remind you that God is enough.
Heather
I liked this book for two reasons: each chapter talked about miracles Jesus performed in the Bible, so it was a nice refresher course for me of stories in the Bible (plus a few stories I had never heard.) The other is that the author then makes the stories relevant to modern day and the issues or problems a person might be facing.
Laurie Garcia
I thought that this was an okay book. I didn't find it to be very profound and didn't learn anything new from it. I personally didn't think that this was one of his best books. I highly recommend "Fearless" and "Facing Your Giants" instead.
Michelle
Sep 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a good book and the timing could not have been better. This was recommended by a friend and really helped me reframe my perspective about God's role and presence in some things I was dealing with.
Frans Karlsson
Jul 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian
My first book by Lucado. I found it during a trip to Egypt and it was speaking to me in a tough situation. I like the way Lucado uses stories to explain spiritual truth and does it in such a down to earth way. It both made me laugh, think and grow closer to God.
Christianity 2 13 Jul 25, 2011 06:36PM
  • God Is Closer Than You Think: If God Is Always with Us, Why Is He So Hard to Find?
  • Growing Strong in the Seasons of Life
  • Just as I Am
  • Victory Over the Darkness
  • My Heart's Cry
  • Reaching for the Invisible God: What Can We Expect to Find?
  • When God Doesn't Make Sense
  • The Name
  • Having a Mary Spirit: Allowing God to Change Us from the Inside Out
  • Slaying the Giants in Your Life
  • A Woman and Her God
  • A Glimpse of Jesus: The Stranger to Self-Hatred
  • Really Bad Girls of the Bible: More Lessons from Less-Than-Perfect-Women
With more than 130 million products in print and several NYT bestsellers, Max Lucado is America's bestselling inspirational author. He serves the Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas, where he lives with his wife, Denalyn, and their mischievous mutt, Andy. His next book is publishing August 2018 and is titled Unshakable Hope.

https:/
“Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right.” 2995 likes
“Woman, where are they? Has no one judged you guilty?"
She answers "No one, sir."
Then Jesus says, "I also don't judge you guilty. You may go now, but don't sin anymore."
If you have ever wondered how God reacts when you fail, frame these words and hang them on the wall.Read them. Ponder them.Drink from them. Stand below them and let them wash over your soul.
Or better still, take him with you to to your canyon of shame. Invite Christ to journey with you back to the Fremont Bridge of your world. Let Him stand beside you as you retell the events of the darkest nights of your soul.
And then listen. Listen carefully. He's speaking.
"I don't judge you guilty."
And watch. Watch carefully. He's writing. He's leaving a message. Not in the sand, but on a cross.
Not with his hand, but with his blood.
His message has two words: not guilty.”
58 likes