Start by marking “Dating and the Single Parent” as Want to Read:
Dating and the Single Parent

Dating and the Single Parent

Trustworthy Stepfamily Expert Offers Single Parents a Guide to Dating

Single parents who are dating or want to begin a dating relationship wonder, How will dating affect my children and my parenting? They probably have figured out that "dating in a crowd" is complicated. Now they're looking for help. Ron Deal, who has counseled single parents and remarried couples for many
Published October 1st 2012 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Dating and the Single Parent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dating and the Single Parent

Start your review of Dating and the Single Parent
Lesley Lee
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing

After the devastation of divorce (or death), discovering someone who is interested in you can be so unexpected that the euphoric feeling of "I'm not forgotten, damaged goods!" can be intoxicating... and mess up your judgment and life, big-time.

This practical, compassionate, informed book gives truly useful guidance and wisdom in addressing areas that will likely otherwise blindside the single parent's dating. Dating as a single parent is so unlike single non-parent dating, whether we realize it

S Abraham Lopez
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Un gran paso y una gran decisión

Todo me ha gustado de este libro tiene mucha información y muchos consejos valiosos que te ayudan a tomar una mejor decisión el El Paso importante que quieres dar en tu vida de matrimonio !
Me gustan los consejos que hablan para con los hijos !!
Recomendaría este libros a muchas amistades que creo que han tomado decisiones si saber de esta Manual tan interesante !!
Y la valorización que le di es porque toda la información que trae es de muy buena ayudas para mi
Jonathan
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book for those considering dating!

This book provides lots of helpful information and things to consider for those who are considering dating after a divorce or death of a spouse. I highly recommend this book and other resources from Ron Deal.
Anna Totty
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
The book seems to give some good advice, however, I really hated the way the author mentions his other books, online questionnaires, seminars, etc constantly. I felt like I was reading an infomercial script. A little bit of advice.... a lot of encouraging you to buy more products.
Stacie Wyatt
May 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I received this book, in exchange for review from Bethany House. I read Dating and the Single Parent within the last week and I truly enjoyed this book. I didn���t read the book from the beginning, but started at chapters most relevant to me. I chose this book because one day I want to date, but I need to date the right way, versus may way. I also have two special kids, which adds additional challenges to dating.

The first section, which stood out was Appendix 2, the sample purity pledge. I am
Lindsey
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book has a lot of great advice, questions and points to consider. I would recommend this to both the single parent and anyone whos considering getting involved with a single parent or already is. It really helped give me a better picture of what all sides (the single parent, the new partner, the children) deal with during the process and how to move through divorce (or death of a spouse) and towards healing in healthy ways. By no means will this book tell you yes youre ready to date or your ...more
Allen Battle
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read this book before you begin dating as a single parent. It can potentially save you a lifetime of grief. the years of practical experience that Deal brings to this are invaluable wisdom for those who usually go into new relationships blinded by "love" and end up in situations that the do no not want to be in later. written from a strong evangelical perspective, Deal brings to real life experience with thousands of couples infused with godly counsel.
Aaron Cox
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Alot of good material and very "to the point" instructions of what needs to happen for a healthy familyship not just couple ship between people where one of the parties is a singe parent. Even beneficial for the party that isn't the parent.
Ambrosia
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, non-fiction
Good reading

It wasn't difficult to read and had sound practical advice. This is definitely a good tool in learning about blended families and remarriage.
Maria Deckard
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Most of it was common sense, it seemed like a quarter of the book was devoted to promoting their other products.
Chrissy
Mar 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
a God inspired look at getting back in the dating pool after divorce with kids in the middle.
Katie Luman
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this for one of my marriage and family therapy classes but its a great read and I would recommend it to anyone who is a single parent.
Megan Ivy

• Strengthening Marital Intimacy: Elements in the Process
  • Couple Therapy: A New Hope-Focused Approach
  • Resilient Ministry: What Pastors Told Us about Surviving and Thriving
  • Resilient Warriors
  • Becoming the Narcissist's Nightmare: How to Devalue and Discard the Narcissist While Supplying Yourself
  • Genograms: Assessment and Intervention
  • Family Therapy: An Overview
  • The Hamilton Affair
  • Wicked Hour (Heirs of Chicagoland, #2)
  • Buttons and Lace (Buttons, #1)
  • Buttons & Hate (Buttons, #2)
  • Developing Multicultural Counseling Competency: A Systems Approach
  • Introduction to Human Services: Through the Eyes of Practice Settings
  • Bridges Not Walls: A Book About Interpersonal Communication
  • At Risk Youth
  • How to Solve the People Puzzle
  • The Quest For Wellness: A Practical And Personal Wellness Plan For Optimum Health In Your Body, Mind, Emotions And Spirit
  • Jesus Driven Ministry