Start by marking “The King Without a Shadow” as Want to Read:
The King Without a Shadow

The King Without a Shadow

Come learn with the king and the little boy about the King without a shadow and you'll learn about God's awesome holiness.
Published November 1st 2000 by P & R Publishing (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The King Without a Shadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The King Without a Shadow

Bambi Moore
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s
4.5 stars. Dr Sproul’s children’s books are treasures. This one taught on the attributes of God’s holiness and purity, as well as explaining that God does not have a physical body and thus he does not cast a shadow. This is a longish book for little ones...it probably took a total of 30-40 minutes to read through it leisurely, and a few pages could have been broken up better with some more illustrations.
Shanna Gonzalez
Oct 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-04-08
Reformed theologian R.C. Sproul is the chairman of Ligonier Ministries and the host of the Christian radio program Renewing Your Mind. He has written many theological works, and this is his first book for children. In this story, a young boy seeks an audience with his king to ask two important question: Where do shadows come from, and where do they go when they leave? This provokes the king to try to rid himself of his shadow, and in his search for knowledge he discovers a deeper wisdom than sim ...more
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars. The kids and I liked this book. They have come to appreciate Dr Sproul as he has served me so much in his messages and books.

Dr Sproul has the uncanny ability to communicate rich, potent truths that serve both children and adults alike. We are 80 % finished reading The Holiness of God as a family and I remember at one point my older kids begging me to continue reading. This gift Dr Sproul has reminds me of C.S. Lewis’ capacity to teach adults and children at the same time.
Yibbie
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
It's a good story with many layers of meaning. Children will be interested in the story even before they can understand the true meaning of a King with no shadow. The illustrations are beautiful. I would recommend it to everyone.
Elaina Griffith
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Definitely for mid-upper elementary comprehension level and above. An interesting parable illustrating God’s holiness. Good book for discussion with children.
Leah
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book immensely! A wonderful children's story book teaching about Christ our King in a fun imaginative way. I am really like RC Sprouls children's books. My 2 1/2 year old son sat through this entire book and my 7 month old was pretty wiggly but sat through it too. I enjoyed the illustrations as well.
Billy Schiel
Mar 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Another great tool for communicating the beauty and holiness of God to children.
Prayson Daniel
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I will read it to my daughter over and over when she is old enough to understand.
Aug 26, 2008
Jan 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Big Truths for Little Kids
  • The Gospel Story Bible: Discovering Jesus in the Old and New Testaments
  • Hero Tales: A Family Treasury of True Stories from the Lives of Christian Heroes
  • If Jesus Came to My House
  • Duncan's War (Crown and Covenant, #1)
  • Missionary Stories with the Millers (Miller Family)
  • Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends: How to Fight the Good Fight at Home
  • Pelle's New Suit
  • Shakespeare Stories
  • The Greatest Story Ever Told
  • In Search of a Homeland: The Story of the Aeneid
  • Then and Now
  • Together: Growing Appetites for God (True Woman)
  • Yonie Wondernose
  • G is for Goat
  • Wise Words
  • The Runaway
  • Vinegar Boy: Encounter Christ Through the Dramatic Story of Vinegar Boy

Dr. R.C. Sproul (1939–2017) was founder of Ligonier Ministries, an international Christian discipleship organization located near Orlando, Fla. He was founding pastor of Saint Andrew’s Chapel in Sanford, Fla., first president of Reformation Bible College, and executive editor of Tabletalk magazine.

Ligonier Ministries began in 1971 as the Ligonier Valley Study Center in Ligonier, Pa. In an effort t