Start by marking “Lead Me, Holy Spirit: Longing to Hear the Voice of God” as Want to Read:
Lead Me, Holy Spirit: Longing to Hear the Voice of God

Lead Me, Holy Spirit: Longing to Hear the Voice of God

From bestselling author Stormie Omartian comes a brand-new look at one of God’s most amazing gifts to those who believe in Him: the Holy Spirit.

Readers can walk in the power and presence of the Holy Spirit in every area of life. With a sure hand, Stormie helps readers to see that the Holy Spirit wants those who know Him to hear His gentle leading when He speaks to their he
Published August 1st 2012 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Lead Me, Holy Spirit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lead Me, Holy Spirit

Maria
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate enough to get a review copy of this and found it gave the teaching on what the Holy Spirit does in Christian life in a clear and practical way. Sadly, many Christians remain totally in the dark about what the Holy Spirit does and can do to make a Christian's life effective and powerful. It is an inspired work and I highly recommend it to believers. If your Church has a library, a copy of this is a must.
IrenesBookReviews
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The author does excellent at describing who the Holy Spirit is and showing how much he can help you grow in your spiritual life. The subtitle, “Longing To Hear The Voice Of God,” states what every Christians desire should be.

I learned from reading this book, which is not something that happens every time you read a book! I liked how organized the chapters were. I enjoyed the personality of the author that you could definitely see with her personal stories.

There are not many books about the Holy
Mary
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian-living
Lead Me, Holy Spirit by Stormie Omartian takes readers through the steps to a closer relationship with the Holy Spirit. This jewel of a book uncovers all aspects of our lives that we can surrender to the Holy Spirit to obtain peace, joy, happiness, and more importantly, a closer walk with the Lord.

Book chapters cover how to receive, hear, worship, and discern the Holy Spirit. Other topics include how to be led to bear good fruit, see purpose, pray, follow, and be transformed by the Holy Spirit.
Elaine Miller
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Every Christian needs to read and study this book. Lead Me, Holy Spirit changed my life. Dissatisfied with your Christian life and Christian walk? Not quite filled up with joy? Struggling to do what God asks you to do? Stormie Omartian and God take us on a journey where we discover and finally understand the Third Person of the Trinity — The Holy Spirit — Who empowers us and equips us to become the Christian men and women God intended — people who impact this world for Christ through the power o ...more
Aug 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazon-vine
This book is on an interesting topic and is written in a very readable style. Stormie quotes lots of bible references and personal experiences as she encourages us to draw closer to God through walking in the power and presence of the Holy Spirit. There are a couple of sections where I'm not sure I entirely agree with her statements but it certainly has made me think about the issues. Overall this is a well researched and thought provoking book that has made me reconsider many aspects of my rela ...more
Jillian Prior
Jul 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. It gave some great insight, especially for someone who was raised in a church where the Holy Spirit wasn't talked about much. It was convicting in areas and I loved the heart of her prayers after each section. I even marked several prayers to go back to and just pray again. I would highly recommend this book!
Ruth
Oct 31, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is very helpful and easy to read. It clearly and simply explains the role of the Holy Spirit in the life of a Christian. It explains how to recognize His voice speaking into your heart and suggests prayers to help the reader move forward in the journey of discovering a closer walk with God. Well written and well worth reading.
Lisa Kersey
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was a game changer in my spiritual walk with God. I'd been doing a bible study and everything coincided with what I was learning at the time. To see just how the Holy Spirit works in different areas in our lives and to experience this while reading the book was amazing.
Arlee4eva
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I definitely learned something..
Pastordiana Brevan
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a great tool for you to be lead within the Holy Spirit, I reccogmend this tool as well as for access to have within your libary.
Michelle
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great study and devotional. A great book for spiritual discipline.
Francyjones
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! You should definitely read it!
Nancy
I liked this a lot. This is the first book I have read by the author and I was impressed. She does a great job of providing a lot of great, biblical information on the Holy Spirit while at the same time keeping it relevant and very easily applicable to everyday life.

She reminds us that the Holy Spirit is there to guide us, grant us wisdom and discernment, and help us know God's will for our lives. However, we must walk daily with God in order to be more aware of His voice and His will for us, a
Delinda Mauney
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is a great book speaking of the Holy Spirit and how much we need Him. Stormie O'Martin is a great author. We used this book and study guide as a Bible study for our Women's Circle at church. Some things she speaks of throws up some flags to me as a Reformed Presbyterian but for the most part she is right on target.

Her study book has great questions but tends to be a little redundant in them - asking the same question 10 different ways. Each month our facilitator just took part of the questi
Shannon
Excellent book of prayer! It stirred memories of God's blessings and guidance in my life. It also provided prayers for where I am now and for God's direction and correction for now and the future. It blessed me with every page I read.
Evan
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Alison Bjorklund
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It is a basic instructional but useful for every stage of the Christian walk. New and old believers could benefit from this book! I always like Stormie Omartian. She has faith that can move mountains and it is inspiring.
Kimme
Aug 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Provides Scriptures & prayers to lead the reader through what is being taught.
Nicole Webb
Apr 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: prayer
This is an excellent study of the Holy Spirit.
Monika
Sep 18, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: christian
There are great prayers to model in this book.
Dec 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
An okay spiritual book but a little "fluffy" in my opinion.
Jean Maurice M. Prosper
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It's a very clear , concise and biblical book on how we should trust and be lead by the Holy Spirit. It's a good book that I would recommend to everyone. Walking by the spirit is the real thing.
Marilyn Haugen
Feb 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
On my best book ever read list.
S. LaRue
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Better Understanding

This book was just the tool I needed to help me hear and have a better understanding of the purpose God has for my life. I look forward to being led by the Holy Spirit, moment by moment. Thank you JESUS!
Carrian Troxler

• The Shelter of God's Promises
  • Praying the Names of God: A Daily Guide
  • Gripped by the Greatness of God
  • God Will Make a Way: What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do
  • Thriving Through Uncertainty: Moving Beyond Fear of the Unknown and Making Change Work for You
  • Second Sight
  • Lifelong Love Affair: How to Have a Passionate and Deeply Rewarding Marriage
  • Knowing God by Name: Names of God That Bring Hope and Healing
  • James Stewart a Biography
  • The Magnificent Obsession
  • Longing for God: Seven Paths of Christian Devotion
  • Pocket Dictionary of Theological Terms
  • Message Remix: Solo-MS: An Uncommon Devotional
  • My Father's Business: 30 Inspirational Stories for Discerning and Doing Gods Will
  • Martin Luther: A Man Who Changed the World
Stormie Omartian is an award-winning bestselling author and speaker who personally connects with readers and listeners by sharing her experiences and illustrating how God transforms lives when we learn to trust in Him.

The strength and transparency of Stormie’s message has driven her books to the top of the bestsellers list. More than 26 million copies have been sold worldwide of her "Power of Pray
“There are many people who will stay in negative situation because it is familiar, rather than go where there is promise of something good, because that would be something unfamiliar” 17 likes
“He will put you in situations where you absolutely must have a miracle. The reason He does that is because He wants you to know with all certainty that it is Him working in your life. So don’t be alarmed if the Spirit leads you into situations that are impossible without a miracle from God.” 9 likes