Start by marking “The Devil Wears Pinstripes” as Want to Read:
The Devil Wears Pinstripes

The Devil Wears Pinstripes

3.49  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
In The Devil Wears Pinstripes, Jim Caple, ESPN.com’s “designated Yankee hater,” takes on the rabid fans of baseball’s twenty-six-time World Champions, and offers a decidedly different slant on the New York Yankees—the losers of thirteen World Series.

Caple delivers his send-up of the evil empire with scathing irony, laying waste to all things Yankees. A creative and unaut

Published March 1st 2005 by Plume

To ask other readers questions about The Devil Wears Pinstripes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil Wears Pinstripes

Kristina
Jun 16, 2009 rated it liked it
For as much as I hate the Yankees, and as much as I love sarcasm and wittiness, I was expecting to just adore this book - and I did love parts of it. Caple is a funny, funny man and there's just so much to mock about the Yankees organization - the evil empire of baseball whose owner fires people for taking their pre-approved Christmas vacation, fires and re-hires his manager umpteen million times and at one point actually recieves a lifetime ban from the Baseball only to have it lifted (wish it ...more
Jose
Feb 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: third-quarter
The Devil Wears Pinstripes is a hilarious book about the Yankees. The author, Jim Caple talks about how bad the Yankees are and just makes fun of them. From their legendary players to their fans, there is always something wrong with the Yankees. For all you Yankee-haters this book is like a bible. In the end, you can take the Ultimate Yankees Quiz to see how much you know about "the worst team in the history of baseball."
Carolyn
Aug 10, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who don't like the yankees
Shelves: humor
I thought the book was funny, with facts and satire. By page three I had already laughed out loud, and the last line of the book was, in my opinion, the funniest.
Amanda
Jul 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT! Very interseting read for those who love to dislike the Yankees!
Paul
Jan 24, 2008 rated it liked it
Pretty good, but some of Caple's gags get old after a while.
Jeremy Raper
May 20, 2014 rated it liked it
A somewhat entertaining account of the Yankees/Red Sox rivalry over the years. Very light-hearted, humorous fare here - nothing heavy at all. Fun to dip into for all baseball fans, nothing more.
Jack
Mar 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: gone
Decent --- Funny at times but kind of dragged on with some of the stories.
Bridget
May 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
I know just owning this book makes me a Horrible Yankees Fan but it's hilarious and I don't take it seriously.

Very funny, esp to non-Yankee fans (and even die-hard ones with a sense of humor!)
Jami