Start by marking “Bleach, Volume 17” as Want to Read:
Bleach, Volume 17

Bleach, Volume 17 (Bleach #17)

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  5,789 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Rosa Rubicundior, Lilio Candidior
The rebellion within the Soul Society grows as doubts spread about the death sentence of ex-Soul Reaper Rukia Kuchiki. Determined to save her, Rukia's childhood friend Renji vows to cut down the captain of his own squad, unaware of the terrifying fate that awaits him.
Published February 6th 2007 by VIZ Media LLC (first published June 3rd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Bleach, Volume 17, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleach, Volume 17

Sophia F
anenko
Aug 23, 2007 rated it really liked it
The Soul Society arc finally appears to be drawing to a close. In this volume, Renji fights Byakuya, Zaraki fights Tosen, Gin baits Rukia--and Rukia gets to look pretty, helpless and tragic as her death approaches and the Soul Society erupts into chaos all around her. I was glad to see Rukia, but I am very much looking forward to seeing her taking an active role in events once more. The damsel-in-distress role doesn’t suit the character I first met, and loved.

As always, I love the character desi
Vendea
Mar 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Yes! Konečně epic fight mezi Zarakim a Komíkem a Slepoňem. A Renji! Ban kai!
Atalinay
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rosa Rubicundior,Lilio Candidior
Redder than the rose, whiter than the lily

So many fights going on and the execution draws nearer and nearer. (view spoiler)
Angelyn
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
Are you freaking kidding me? For how many more volumes are they going to fight to save Rukia!? This volume was just fights. And talking. Good Grace, they talk too much! Are you gonna use those swords or chit chat to death!? I'm seriously thinking of skipping a couple volumes. Action is cool, but can we have some actual plot now?
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Another good volume.
Hana Eka
Sep 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kuchiki Byakuya vs Abarai Renji.

Rukia bertemu Ichimaru Gin.

Kyaaa... Komamura taichou sebenarnya imut xP
Sukamarunara
3 letters describe this OMG
Nick
Feb 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: A+
Synopsis: Ichigo Kurosaki sees ghosts, and fights...a lot. All of this is pretty normal for Ichigo, but then he meets Rukia Kuchiki, a Shinigami (Death God) and member of the mysterious Soul Society. When a Hollow, an evil spirit, attacks Ichigo and his family, Rukia attempts to defeat the Hollow, but is wounded. To help him save his family, she lends Ichigo some of her powers, but something goes wrong, and Ichigo absorbs every last drop of her energy. Ichigo becomes a temporar
Sara
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Krista Ivy
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The fighting is no longer reduced to Ichigo and the others that came with him. One of Ichigo's masters will now fight.
Bbabri
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A kötet első felét imádtam. Renji és Byakuya harcolnak egymással, és én csillogó szemmel olvastam el. Nem tehetek róla, Byakuya az első számú kedvencem. Persze Renji vereséget szenved, de már elérte a bankai szintet, amin Byakuya teljesen meglepődik. Végre valami emberi reakciót is mutat.
Ken-chan harca most nem kötött le. Inkább azért, mert az ellenfeleit nem nagyon kedvelem. Vagyis inkább olyan semlegesek.
Hisagi bajban van. Yumichika megmutatta neki a valódi erejét.
Ichimaru szemét, de valamiért
MissAnnThrope
30 October 2012

First things first, this strangely naughty cover has absolutely nothing to do with this storyline. Nada.

Bleach 17: Rosa Rubicundior, Lilio Candidior is my favorite volume so far in this series. Captains fight against other captains with insane abilities, resulting in battles that are monumental!

Renji and Byakuya duke it out in an epic battle. Byakuya is seriously one bad heartless mutha'ucka. I hope this isn't the end for Renji.

Zaraki throws down with Kaname Tosen and Sajin Komamu
Logan Simpson
Dec 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
So many battles going on! Ichigo continues training, and we only see him for like one or two pages in this whole volume. Kenpachi fights Tosen and Komamura. I just want to say that I think Tosen is pretty bad ass, and his bankai is freaking awesome. Renji races to save Rukia from her rapidly approaching execution, but is stopped and defeated by his captain, Byakuya. Byakuya might just be the biggest jerk ever... And the cliffhanger at the end of this volume is that Rukia's execution is starting. ...more
Stephen  Alff (AlffBooks)
Bleach was definitely very interesting to read and different to what I usually read. I enjoyed the whole soul reaper concept and how we find out more and more about the main character as the story goes on.

It's a fast read and is easy to understand but gets progressively more difficult to follow parts of the story due to there being so many different characters that can be qualified as important in the progression of the story.

I would recommend it for the story line and the graphics but I do feel
Annchan Maulana
Oct 10, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, anime
Bleach
Ichigo Kurosaki has ability to see ghosts.
The story begin from the day when he meet with one of the member of Soul Society name Rukia Kuchiki. The member of that society are called shinigami.
The shinigamis are have a duty to fighting a Hollow - evil spirit from humans who display psychic energy.
And after Ichigo know the truth about the world he live with his family is one full of dangerous spirits, he learn to become Shinigami, and his job now along with Rukia is to protect the world fro
Ashley
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Alexis Masters
Red like blood
White like bone
Red like solitude
White like silence
Red like the senses of a beast
White like the heart of a god
Red like molten hatred
White like chilling cries of pain
Red like the shadows that feed on the night
Like a sigh piercing the moon
It shines white and scatters red

- Byakuya vs. Renji

Rosso come il sangue
bianco come le ossa
rosso come la solitudine
bianco come il silenzio
rosso come i nervi di una belva
bianco come il cuore di un dio
rosso come l'odio che sgorga sciogliendoti
bianco come il dolore che ti agghiaccia
rosso come l'ombra che divora la notte
come un sospiro che trapassa la luna
splende di bianco, si spegne di rosso
Georgina Howlett
Feb 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2012
Seventeen is a good number. I like seventeen.

I really enjoyed this volume! Yoruichi is a great character and her feature on the cover is quirky and different to some of the others :)

The training which Ichigo is put through is intense, but I know that it is worth it! Hopefully he'll be able to rescue Rukia! I know he can do it!

I love IchiRuki. So much. Hehehe.
Collin
May 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Bleach. Strange title. Closer to Rukia. I'm afraid I can't give much more thorough reviews than this.

(Except that this title is really fun - it's Latin for Red as Blood, White as the Lily. If my memory serves. Which it might not, but it's close enough, anyway. You get the idea. VERY poetic title, in any case!)
Megan
Apr 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Rukia is very much the princess who needs to be saved in this volume; she displays hardly any of her typical attitude and internal fortitude. Soul Society's already weak faith in this execution grows weaker as Renji fights his own captain, and other battles begin. Byakuya sure is lucky I have faith in him.
Taruia
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Bleachists!
Shelves: manga
Now 1/2 the Captains have decided to save Rukia and the others, well ... my new favourite character is Kenny aka Kenpachi Zaraki who battles Tosen. The Ryoka have separated and Ichigo is trying to get his Bankai sorted. Tosen's Bankai seems to be a stolen circus tent, evidently. I am hoping that Ichimaru gets a bollocking at some point, so lets hope!
Kati
Jul 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Zaraki Kenpachi is nuts, but he's also one of my favorite captains. Also, his 11th Division is the most likable one, I would say. They are all a bit wrong in the head but they are also bound by deep friendship, understanding and amused tolerance for each other and it's beautiful.
Jay
Feb 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
I'm finding it harder and harder to keep track of all the people. Large sections of the book are enjoyable, but the plot seems to have slowed down a lot because we have to see what everyone is doing and I can't even tell them all apart anymore.
M. Ashraf
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bleach
Renji and Byakuya GREAT!!! fight even with his Bankai !!!
Ichigo hurry up :p
3:) Gin 3:)
Someone is leading this whole execution thing to fulfill his plan It's going to be a twist :p if it wasn't Gin's doing but after advancing the execution day :/ it can't be the doing of one person!!!
Mal
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've said it many times, but I love this manga. It's great, honestly it is. The ending was brilliant, finally what we've all been waiting for. Except this volume was a hell of a lot of fighting, little talking. All these separate battles bored me slightly :p
Holly Fetter
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This one had some pretty epic battles...I am very pleased! After this volume, I can say that Renji is swiftly becoming my favorite character. And "Kenny" (Kenpachi) went totally beast mode in this volume. I think he's my second favorite now. Dayum. Both kicked ass and took names. Awesome.
Soul
Jul 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
if i don't compare it with any other Manga novels then, it was a great experience to read this series.
the whole concept of Soul reapers, soul society,.. was neatly implemented.
And not to forgot it sure is a page turner.

so Worth 4 stars out of 5.
Susan
Oct 25, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shonen_jump
Kaname, if your bankai prevents him from using sight, sound, and smell, why are you talking to him?

Nice cover, Kubo sensei.
  • Naruto, Vol. 20: Naruto vs. Sasuke (Naruto, #20)
1977
久保 帯人, also transliterated Taitou Kubo, Taito Kubo, or Jiu bao dai ren.

The son of a town council member in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. He never took drawing seriously until he was 17; after reading Dragon Ball he knew he wanted to be a manga artist. At the age of 18 he submitted his first concept for the series Zombiepowder but it got rejected. Zombiepowder was rejected multiple times until K
More about Tite Kubo...

Bleach (1 - 10 of 74 books)
  • Bleach, Volume 01
  • Bleach, Volume 07
  • Bleach, Volume 08
  • Bleach, Volume 09
  • Bleach, Volume 10
“The guys who play it [soccer] are kinda dumb. Why don't they just kick the crap out of the guy in front of the net? Then they could score all they want.” 9 likes