Start by marking “Seize the Night - Rahasia Malam (Dark-Hunter, #7)” as Want to Read:
Seize the Night - Rahasia Malam (Dark-Hunter, #7)

Seize the Night - Rahasia Malam (Dark-Hunter #6)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  39,918 Ratings  ·  1,252 Reviews
Tabitha Deveraux alias Tabby adalah seorang pemburu vampir. Ia sering dipandang aneh oleh saudara-saudara perempuannya yang pada awalnya tidak percaya kalau vampir itu ada. Ditambah lagi dengan sikap dan kelakuannya yang eksentrik serta ceroboh membuat Tabby selalu dianggap tidak bisa menjaga diri dan harus mengikuti segala aturan keluarganya.

Valerius Magnus, Dark-Hunter
Published May 4th 2012 by Dastan Books (first published December 28th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Seize the Night - Rahasia Malam, please sign up.

Abbie It doesn't hurt to read them since characters from the previous books appear and stuff is sometimes referenced, but I think Sherrilyn Kenyon said that…moreIt doesn't hurt to read them since characters from the previous books appear and stuff is sometimes referenced, but I think Sherrilyn Kenyon said that they can be read as standalones if you want. (less)

FlibBityFLooB
Here is my impersonation of Acheron in this book:
*in my best Acheron voice*

What? You're dead? Not on my watch. Here... have a little immortality. Oh, you too? You can be immortal now, too. Oh... your sister is immortal, so you should be immortal also. Ahh... but not that sister. She's going to stay dead. But, you over there... yeah, you're not going to stay dead either. You're immortal, too. But, not your mother. I'm afraid I'm going to let her stay dead. Where's my Simi?
Ana
This was surprisingly awesome. I still owe my bff for making me watch Gladiator. I've had a thing for Roman generals ever since. Ah those glorious crazy Romans…

tumblr_llyph7lzgl1qflan8o1_500
Blacky *Romance Addict*
giving oprah - He gets immortality! She gets immortality Everyone gets immortality!!!

This is basically all you need to know about this book. photo 798186.gif (or series) photo 798186.gif.

To say I am hugely disappointed is an understatement.

So far I've noticed the books get worse and worse as the series moves along, but call me an idiot, I still decided to read them all because I am DETERMINED to get to Acheron's book.

What disappointed me here:

**spoilers ahead**

The main couple.
First you have to know that everyone hates the main guy, everyone. So, the main woman sees how they hate him and she just can't understan
Sophia Triad
Valerious Magnus (Hunter) and Tabitha Devereaux (Human)

"What's wrong, Valerious?"she wispered, rising to stand before him.
"I'm just trying to understand why you’re with me."
"Because I like you"
"Why?"
She bit her lip seductively before she shrugged. "You're strangely amusing and you're kind."
He shook his head. " I'm not kind. I only know how to be cold."
She buried her hands in his unbound hair and let the silken strands caress her fingers.
"You don't feel cold to me, General."

Recommended song w
Exina
“Love isn't easy. Anyone who says differently is lying to you. But it is worth fighting for.”

As for me, Seize the Night is one of the best books of 2012. It is the 6th book of the Dark-Hunter Universe series, the story of Tabitha and Valerius.

It is just perfect! Love it! The story is filled with unforgettable characters, incomparable romance, mesmerizing erotica, real drama and tragic losses, vicious and powerful antagonists, witty and deep dialogues, sparkling humor, forceful emotions, thri
CC
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy crap a lot happened in this book!

ok - let me just out it out there. I don't get the hatred of Valerius. He is the GRANDSON of the SOB that tortured and killed Kyrian. He is the brother to Zared who did try to help him. Yes he failed miserably, but he was not vicious towards him, nor did he know he was his brother. Since he looks just like granddad I can see why Kyrian does not want to look at his pretty face. But the violence and hatred just seems so ridiculous.

I did not like Tabitha in ear
Grecia Robles
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ESTOY TOTALMENTE TRAUMADA CON ESTA SERIE
Dije que lo dejaría hasta aquí y no se si pueda cumplirlo necesito otra dosis de mis Dark Hunters especialmente de Ash.

Esta historia no es tan desgarradora como la de Zarek o divertida y dulce como la de Vane, pero me gustó, Valerius me sorprendió no era todo lo que decían de él y hubo momentos que me dió bastante penita, él al igual que Zarek y Kyriam que lo odian era también una victima.
La pareja que hacía con Tabbitha era medio extraña, él todo estirado
This was an adult paranormal romance, set in New Orleans.

I felt quite sorry for Valerius in this; the things he had been through were terrible, and the way people treated him, just because of who his grandfather was, was awful. Tabitha on the other hand said whatever come into her head, and was a little irritating at times.

The storyline in this was about Tabitha and Valerius being thrown together, and Tabitha being unable to resist Valerius because he was so beautiful. There was quite a lot of
Tessa Teevan
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Re-Read: October 2015

I freaking love these books!!! Seriously, each one gets better and better! I loved everything about Valerius and Tabby's story.

description

I want to live in a world with Dark Hunters. I imagine Kyrian, Acheron, Talon, and Valerius are just hanging out like a hot bunch like these guys.

Louise
This is the book that forever shatters the Dark Hunter world...

Wow the plot was Amazing...it was mix with a lot of actions and romance, and they didn't overlap each other...problems arises in just a snap yet they were solve too, it would leave your heart ache for the characters and some went crushing along, it made me cry to many times in the book and the romance squeal I'm so happy with the story so much!

"...I guess I feel like all of us misfits need to hang together. At least that way we don'
Julie
May 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Valerius. I’ve been hearing mention of this name since book one in Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark-Hunter series. Valerius is portrayed as a heartless and cruel Roman bastard in the earlier books. He is described that way before we even get to really meet him. But in Seize the Night, he has a chance to shine. Since this is his book, he has the opportunity to completely redeem himself. And he does. He really does. By the end of this book, I was totally in love with Valerius. And Tabitha and Valerius have ...more
Not Now...Mommy's Reading
I have read every book in the Dark-Hunter series and prior to reading "Seize the Night", my favorite story was Zarek's in "Dance With The Devil". I thought no one could be more tortured than poor Zarek. Wrong!

I was captivated by Valerius almost immediately! Gone were the black leather pants and the gothic/punk attire replaced by turtlenecks, slacks and style. Wow! What a breath of fresh air! Not saying I mind a hot bod clad in tight leather but...it was a nice change. *grin

This man was sooo se
Beatriz
Sep 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vaya! Si hasta solté unos lagrimones al final de esta novela. Sin duda, Valerio Magno es uno de los Cazadores Oscuros más particulares en todo lo que va de la saga y su compañera no se queda atrás.

Me gustó mucho el giro que toma la serie, en el sentido de que hasta ahora siempre se intuía que por más feas que se pusieran las cosas, los personajes principales eran intocables e iban a llegar a un buen final. Sin embargo, en esta entrega hay que enfrentar algunas pérdidas que resultan bastante dol
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
OMG I loved this one love val and tabby love that Kyrian ran in and stabbed val lol!!!!!!! I think this is my fav so far
Alp
Two in a roll, oh my! I'm on a roll with this series!

I loved this book! LOVED.
Gary
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my all time fav in this series so much happening and u learn so much more about all of the cast of the books five out of five
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
I loved Dance with the Devil!!
Let's see how this turns out.

I am such a mess. I've been thinking about going to the bookstore and buying this book for a few days now. What do you know, past-me already knew this day was about to come: i just saw this sitting on my bookshelf today. I don't even now for how many months it's been sitting there. And it's not even the first something like this happened to me. What's wrong with me?!
Carmen
Nov 04, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance fans
3 ROMANCE STARS

Everyone hates Valerius. Mainly because he was a Roman general who was born in 152 B.C., and most of the Dark-Hunters seem to be Greek. Especially those of them who live in New Orleans. Not to mention that Valerius's noble family was full of horrible people. His dad raped and murdered, and tortured countless people (he even tortured his own sons regularly), Valerius's brothers are angry, vicious psychopaths who also grow up to be rapist/murdering torturers. Valerius's grandfather
AJ
“Life is serious.”
“No, life is an adventure. It's thrilling and scary. Sometimes it's even a bit boring, but it should never be serious.”

OMG!! 6 shining stars!!! I freaking loved this book and can’t believe everything that happened! My mind is still reeling.

I love Tabitha… LOVE her! We have seen her a few times throughout the series so far, and when I realised that she was going to be matched with Valerius… OH YEAH!!! Valerius refers to her as a “brazen temptress, vampire slayer, complete unc
Sita
Jul 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love the world of the dark hunters, I love the idea, the recurring characters (you see people after they got their happy endings), I basically love the books. So it was no surprise that I own all of them, the minute I finished Night Play, I ran out and bought this. And I was glad I did, I really liked Night Play, but I loved this one and it has to be my favorite out of the whole series so far.

Seize the Night is about Tabitha (the crazy twin sister of Amanda that we hear so much abou
Jilly
Meh... Tabitha just didn't grow on me. Neither did Valarius. I guess if opposites attract, they are perfect for each other. She's a self-proclaimed badass who owns a sex shop and acts like an overgrown rebellious teenager. He's Mr Prim and Proper who doesn't even own a pair of jeans. See? Perfect for each other.

Their romance starts with her stabbing him because she's decided she's a vampire hunter and he just happened to come along while she was stabbing vampires. She realizes he is a Dark Hunte
Tilly Slaton
Oct 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seize the Night is the Dark-Hunter story of Valerius and Tabitha.

I always check out the excerpt before reading a book. When I realized this story would be of Valerius and Tabitha, I was somewhat bummed. I honestly didn't care for either character. It's always nice to look forward and say YES! when you are about to read a book you've been waiting for. This book didn't give me that feeling.

Fortunately, I was pleasantly surprised. Valerius and Tabitha are perfect for each other. I appreciate their
Anka
Feb 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Uno de los más esperados a la hora de releerlo.
I'm going to admit that I was a bit nervous about picking up Seize the Night, having seen Valerius through both Kyrian and Zarek's eyes I went into this book feeling quite prejudiced towards him. Although we had started to see a nicer side to him in Night Play I still wasn't expecting to like him all that much but I should have known that Sherrilyn Kenyon would completely turn my opinion on it's head. It didn't even take her that long to do it and I found myself feeling sorry for him very quickl ...more
UKSandy
Feb 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What did I think of this book - I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!

Tabitha is hilarious, Val was as sexy as hell! It was just a brilliant story, kept me hooked the whole way through. I love how you still get to hear all about the other Dark Hunters in each of these stories especially Ash as I just can't wait to get to his story!

I really need to be reading another series but I'm just chomping at the bit to start the next DH book - love, love, loving this series!!
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Although this book had less technical flaws than the others, I didn't necessarily enjoy it more. The relationship was believable. Valarious (spelling) was fantastic, I don't know... the ending left me puzzled. Where was the tie in for the next book? Anyway, it was a good read.
Kübra Yağmur
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Hâlâ Nick’e olanların şokundayım…

Filipa
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
I'm hit or miss on this series in general, but I really liked this book!
A Million More Pages: 7 - Seize the Night (DH): May 25 33 29 Jun 30, 2015 10:43AM
Who's Your Author?: February 2015 BOM: Seize the Night 12 41 Feb 06, 2015 02:03AM
Kenyons Minions: Seize the Night BOTM 8 30 Feb 23, 2014 01:11PM
The Lost Challenges: Book 7 Seize the Night (April 1 to 15) 49 31 Jul 22, 2013 12:58PM
Order of Series 3 52 Dec 07, 2008 01:39PM
Kenyon Minions 1 21 Feb 11, 2008 08:52AM
  • Midnight Pleasures (Wild Wulfs of London #0.5; Dream-Hunter #0.5)
  • Knight of Darkness (Lords of Avalon, #2)
  • Tapestry (de Piaget, #8.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #8.5; Were-Hunter, #0.5; Entire Dark-Hunterverse, #1.5; Dark-Hunterverse, #2; Highlander, #8)
  • Sin Undone (Demonica #5)
  • Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark #10)
  • Dark Slayer (Dark, #17)
  • Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #6)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling #9)
  • Noah (Nightwalkers, #5)
  • Jewel of Atlantis (Atlantis, #2)
  • Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau #9)
Official Author site
Official Black Hat Society site
Official Witch of Endor site
Official Lords of Avalon site
Official Facebook site

New York Times and international bestselling author Sherrilyn Kenyon is a regular at the #1 spot. With legions of fans known as Meny
More about Sherrilyn Kenyon...

Dark-Hunter (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1)
  • Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter, #2)
  • Dance with the Devil (Dark-Hunter #3)
  • Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter, #4)
  • Night Play (Dark-Hunter #5, Were-Hunter #1)
  • Sins of the Night (Dark-Hunter #7)
  • Unleash the Night (Dark Hunter, #8; Were-Hunter, #2)
  • Dark Side of the Moon (Dark-Hunter #9, Were-Hunter #3)
  • The Dream Hunter (Dark-Hunter #10, Dream-Hunter #1)
  • Devil May Cry (Dark-Hunter, #11)
“Relax. You're in good hands. Tabby wont hurt you.

She stabbed me!

Damn! I told her not to stab any more Hunters. I hate it when she does that.”
652 likes
“Where are you anyway? (Acheron)
I don't know. I hear some godawful kind of music from outside, horns blaring, and I'm in a house with a Mohawk cuckoo bird, a transvestite, and a knife-wielding lunatic. (Valerius)
Why are you at Tabitha's? (Acheron)”
336 likes